5.0 voodoo engine?

blackvette101

Established Member
I hope Ford drops the 5.4/5.8's from it's lineup. The 5.4 was built to be a truck motor. It was made more for a broader torque curve, and better lowend torque than making more HP over a 4.6. The 5.4/5.8 is overstroked for a performance car motor. Sure it has tons of power potential when boosted but that's and DOHC Ford v8. The 5.4/5.8 are not great RPM motors and don't bring up the fact that a 5.8 redlines at 7000 RPM's because I know and I also know a Roadrunner will live happy at 8,200 RPM with just a tune to tell it to let it redline there. Again it's stroke is too long. 4.165" of stroke makes for some extremely high piston speeds at higher RPM's. The only factory gas motor I now of that came with a longer stroke was a Vortec 8100. Even all your old BB motor don't have a stroke as long as a 5.4.

This long stroke also makes for a noticeably taller and heavier motor that carries it's weight higher in the chassis than a 4.6/5.0.

yeah even a few 13's have had issues revving that high. Any reasonable sized motor should not go past 4'' stroke if it needs to rev.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
The 5.4l and 4.6l engines was outsourced and made by Triton, ford no longer outsources engines for thier products... the 5.4 Triton is GONE.

americansteel

Banned
Oh no this AmericanSteel guy is trolling again :bash: If you truly had an all knowing friend you would know you were right and wouldn't have to try to prove it to a bunch of people on a forum, you could sit back and have the last laugh... If you wan't to prove that you are right then sit back and watch people dream and laugh but don't say anything, but arguing isn't going to make people believe you. Just some food for thought :poke:

:lol:I am laughing, in fact im laughing at every single one of you who ask me the same question at first, I give you all the answer and yet all 6 of you insult, tell me how much of a loser I am, tell me to go **** my self, write other shit about me. this all first started by my 3 comments regarding the mach1, "voodoo motor" and the 5.8 coming to the mustang.:nonono:
im asked how do I know this? I reply with a answer then I get a bunch of shit from losers.:bored:
trolling= patrolling following somebody and/or a group of people. A simple answer to a question yet I get a shit storm from trolls. like I wrote before, don't believe me? wait until the coming months of 2014. but I do find it real funny that many of you on this forum actually believe what 2 magazines write and in two months later you all believe that same magazine article giving "leaked" information pertaining to the same subject that differs from the past articles that they have published. this forum site is full of trolls and nimrods that have nothing else better to do other than talk shit. I belong to 3 forums and this site has got to be about the worse one! CRY MUCH????:cryying:

jes_csx

Established Member
I don't get my info from magazines, or the internet for that matter.
I still think you are wrong about several things and question why you would be getting this info from a Ford exec and turning around and posting it. I think you are intentionally giving out bad info, or being fed it.

RTD

Established Member
bulittman the 5.8l is staying, the N/A variant for the mustang and a blown for the SVT product.

There is no NA 5.8 nor will there be.

2014 is the end of the line for the 5.4/5.8 Condor/Trinity.

sorry bud 5.8l in N/A form for the mustang and the blown 5.8L the engine is staying for SVT.

Ahem. May want to tell your brother's neighbor's cousin's machinist friend he's full of shit.

It's official now - 2.3 Ecoboost, 3.7 V6, and revised 5.0 Coyote will be the 3 engines for 2015. No 5.8 either NA or SC.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
can we get away with one more?
[youtube_browser]/LY_BuLo5z-M[/youtube_browser]

jes_csx

Established Member
Ahem. May want to tell your brother's neighbor's cousin's machinist friend he's full of shit.

It's official now - 2.3 Ecoboost, 3.7 V6, and revised 5.0 Coyote will be the 3 engines for 2015. No 5.8 either NA or SC.

That means nothing though. I think the GT350 is less then 6 months from being unveiled…. and its not going to be an SC 5.0.

RTD

Established Member
That means nothing though. I think the GT350 is less then 6 months from being unveiled…. and its not going to be an SC 5.0.

There's not going to be a GT350 for MY2015, it's going to be a 2016 model. And even the 2015 GT isn't going to hit dealer lots until late Fall 2014.

My bet is the GT350 will be a hipo NA Coyote, possibly slightly more than 5 liters.

RTD

Established Member
Agreed. Maybe a slightly more trick production version of the Aluminator NA with CJ bits and a unique intake manifold.

Yeah, I'm guessing it gets the CJ intake manifold, bigger throttle body, open element CAI, and a revised tune at a minimum. Probably also DI and a compression ratio bump.

americansteel

Banned

hmmm.. mach1 and new SVT product was confirmed. yet no news about them 2 cars yet. WAIT moron!!!!!!!!!:D

specizripn

Established Member
:lol:I am laughing, in fact im laughing at every single one of you who ask me the same question at first, I give you all the answer and yet all 6 of you insult, tell me how much of a loser I am, tell me to go **** my self, write other shit about me. this all first started by my 3 comments regarding the mach1, "voodoo motor" and the 5.8 coming to the mustang.:nonono:
im asked how do I know this? I reply with a answer then I get a bunch of shit from losers.:bored:
trolling= patrolling following somebody and/or a group of people. A simple answer to a question yet I get a shit storm from trolls. like I wrote before, don't believe me? wait until the coming months of 2014. but I do find it real funny that many of you on this forum actually believe what 2 magazines write and in two months later you all believe that same magazine article giving "leaked" information pertaining to the same subject that differs from the past articles that they have published. this forum site is full of trolls and nimrods that have nothing else better to do other than talk shit. I belong to 3 forums and this site has got to be about the worse one! CRY MUCH????:cryying:

Hey when you're right you can rub it in my face all you want, but when you say something like " I talked to my buddy" or "I just got off the phone with" and none of your claims get backed up, it's a bit hard to believe you. Like I said, if you're right than you will have a lot of laughs, but until then, everything will be taken with a grain of salt :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread