6.4 Powerstroke

skipnay

Established Member
H&S minimaxx, S&B CAI intake, and DPF/Cat delete with stock tail pipes. It weighs in over 9,000 pounds with me in it and has gone 13.5 @ 99 mph with 1.7 60' times.

dragonknight

I've got a 6.4 powerstroke that recently went out of warranty. What "offroad" mods/ tuners are the best to get? I hear everyone talking Spartan/H&S on the tuners. I've seen a few of you guys post about diesels so I figured I'd throw this out there for a little advice.

I had a 6.4l for about 2 years I got rid of it and I now use my 98 7.3l F350 for the towing but when I had the 6.4l I used DP tuners tune the MPGs picked right up I blew barely any smoke and the truck just seemed so right after the tune I threw in a 5 inch down pipe all the way out back straight no muffler. sounded pretty nice too I don't race diesels nor did I have the intentions of doing that with my old 6.4l but the thing was pretty quick un loaded and loaded for a heavy truck but the transmission is pretty good with its big first gear. DP tunes seem to be the best with all ford tuners next I would agree with H&S don't bother with edge they are garbage and are known to tear up transmissions and cause EGR issues with fords oop's I meant international engines, with just a the economy tune you're fine no worries just don't beat on it.

hotrodjcc

Established Member
I've been daily driving it on the 210hp Spartan tune and it i getting around 20mpg highway. That powerstroke help guy seems to say that the lack of bronze valve guides can be an issue in the higher mileage trucks and the longevity should be increased by removing the EGR system and DPF

Users who are viewing this thread