Alternative tires to mpss

jay38372

Established Member
I live in a very small town and have to drive at least an hour to get to a decent tire shop. I bought a set of Shelby Alcoa wheels fronts 20x9's and rears 20x10's from a fellow board member. I also bought a tpms kit from Tousley Ford. Anyone have any suggestions as to which other manufacturers I can go with that's an alternative to the Michelin's that's a all season tire. The tire shops I've called keep telling oh we can't find a 265 or 275/40/20 tire for the front. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them. Thanks Jay

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Check tirerack.com for recommended installers first, confirm your shop has a touch less mounting system, then make a drive that is 100% worth it. Tires are the most important upgrade you can do. I personally hate the idea of A/S rubber on this car but I understand if it's what you have to do. Michelin pilot a/s 3s best recommendation I could give.
-J

jason6488

Established Member
you can also go with continental dws. god I feel like a freaking salesman I hawk these tires so much. I have 275 r19s and r20s on mine. they work great. I haven't tried the mpss so I can't compare to those but they work better than the goodyears in colder weather and everyday driving. I drive my car everyday.

JeremyR

Established Member
Just order them online from tire rack or something and take them to the tire shop yourself. For all seasons id say as3's the guys on the ford Gt500 forum all rave about those tires as much as people here say the same about the super sports. From all the threads and reading ive done on tires Michelin's seem to be by far the majority favorites. Never heard anyone say a bad thing about em. Thats my two cents.

Ky GT500

Established Member
I'd order also. Have them shipped to you, then take them to your shop, end of story. I'm ordering my MPSS next month. Actually taking mine off and take them to the shop, going to remove the stick on weights myself and clean the old adhesive off, paint the hubs, give them a good cleaning, change center caps and put the black lug nuts on for the summer.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
+1 for ordering what you want online and making the trip to the closest shop that has the right equipment to mount them properly.

When it comes to all-season tired, I don't think you can go wrong with either A/S 3 or DWS. I've heard and read very positive reviews from numerous owners about both.

Last edited:

jay38372

Established Member
Thank you for all your input, and ordering from tire rack and having them shipped to me is what I'm going to do and have a shop mount them for me, once again thanks guys.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No problem, good luck. I think you'll be fine with the top of the line Michelins A/S3 or Conti DWS.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread