Anything else I'm missing to get for build?

08 Shelby ND

Established Member
Hey guys have an 08 Shelby, that I'm currently in the process of doing a winter build. My car right now sits stock with a K&N FIPK intake, SCT X3, SLP axle back, and tune. I've purchased a '13 TVS blower, with '13 56LB injectors, KB Dual BAP, 2.4 pulley, L&M twin 66mm TB, JLT Oil separator, and NGK TR6 plugs.
-----Will be a 91 tune.
Will my K&N intake work with a bigger air filter? The car is a daily driver in the summer months. I also have a stock TVS pulley that I was thinking of putting on to minimize the boost, since it is stock exhaust minus SLP axle back.

builttodrive

Established Member
I would recommend the stock pulley for 91. A 2.4 will be pretty hot for just 91. Also you may get by with the K&N intake with the stock pulley but you will max out the MAF if you were to run the 2.4. I think air movement has more to do with the tube size and increasing the size of the filter won't get you there.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Going to say return the pulley and the booster if you have bought them already. Other option is buy a different intake because of a maxed maf with the 2.4. Either way you probably won't get the gains you want with a 2.4 on 91 due to heat and reduced timing.

08 Shelby ND

Established Member
I do already have the 2.4 pulley, will change it for the stock pulley. Also will be in the market for new intake. Thanks for the responses!

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I use the 90mm with stock pulley tvs. I don't think it's really needed because of slip but more because of belt length. It allows you to retain your factory belt. Most of the vendors that sell the kits have either an idler or a new belt so I'm going to assume one of the two is needed. If you have a smaller belt and an idler you could probably return one of them if using the stock pulley.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread