Been a lot of relationship advice lately. Now I need some

Ironhand

Banned
I would still put it all outside before she got there.

Less chance for conversation, argument, or pain of the experience.

Plus you get to leave on the "high ground".

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Dude youre WAY too young to be locked down to 1 chick for 5 whole years. That the best years of your life . I would live it up and have fun. You cant force anything. Some day you will look back and think what a fool you have been. Notch up the ole bed post and live your life!

I stopped reading after this post.

Good advice.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Hey dude are u sure this girls name isn't aimy...because i swear you are describing word for word my ex girlfriend... (as of 2 weeks) We were together for 3 years... she waited for me while i was in afghanistan, i get home and suddenly its "you've changed"

Advice from one man to another

If you guys get back together I PROMISE

I SWEAR TO GOD

IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

shes young, she wants to go out, let her go...

TRUST ME

I was always told the same thing and i ignored everyone and thought OH IT WILL WORK

i waisted 3 years of my life head over heels for one chick, as of 2 weeks ive been single... i feel liberated... this girl your describing is just like my ex... DO YOURSELF A FAVOR

Go out and start talking to new girls, surround yourself with friends, first couple days will be tuff.... I aint going to lie i cried for first couple of days like a little bitch...but you know what eventually i stood the **** up, dusted myself off and these words that were said gave me a whole new outlook

"The sun will still rise every morning"

And thats all you have to appreciate

I hope you take the advice here... or i promise you, you will be in for the long term problem... Sure it may be good for a few months, but it will always resort back to this day... and then its back to the sad sam...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akBzAlKrEdY&feature=related"]Joe Rogan - Relationships & Break Ups - YouTube[/nomedia]
WATCH THIS JOE ROGAN DESCRIBES IT THE BEST

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
So I went to the bar with my friend Sam (girl) for her darts game. She asked me to come, she's like a sis. Got to talking to this girl Nicole, she said you gonna take my number or what, I gave her my phone and got it. Tried to give her a ride home but she said no and that she is staying by her friends. I offer to stay by me and she says she doesn't do that the first night but to text or call her. Good looking girl 5'2-3 maybe 100 lbs. I actually miss being single now lol. Thanks for the help you guys, really put me in a better mood. Past few days I go from a oh I miss her mood, to F her, to an eh oh well mood. This really helps.

Sadly that's the mood you have to take, or you get the brunt of the "fallout" after the relationship goes nuclear.
Good to hear you've got good hunting where your at, hell I'm envious. It really sucks here, we may be the worst in the nation again as far as dating cities. Google "worst dating cities" and see how many times you see Wichita, KS lol.
Now as for you have fun with your new friend, and enjoy the hunt and chase.

bright blue

Established Member
Set the box out on the porch at 10:50, change the locks, don't let that bitch in the house.... Plain and simple.

LOL @ Keep my stuff, then "don't touch my stuff!"

I'd write a note that said, "Thanks for everything, I never knew how great life could be without you. You were holding me back and I now see that, have a good life." LOL

Be glad this happened now and not after you footed the bill to put her through school.

MAXSE2kMT

HAIL THE AMBER LAMPS!
Established Member
Obligatory TL;DR, didn't read any of the other posts in this thread, You're a ****** and she's cheating on you, relationship threads are ****ing gay, put it in liz's butt and all of her other friends.

From my own personal expierence on both sides of the ball, it's always easier to walk away when there is someone else. With that in mind, there isn't always someone else, but I have a strong suspicion that now there is doubt in your mind which will fester and spur uncertainty and a lack of trust. It's a slippery slope from this point on and I never stick around once I don't trust the bitch. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Lawyer up
Hit the gym
Delete number/facebook
Problem?

Edit: I caved in and read the other posts. Glad you're moving on and keeping a positive attitude. Don't waste another second of your mid 20s. Disregard relationships, acquire the power![nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAwLYJYsa0A"]Penis Power - Alexyss K. Tylor - YouTube[/nomedia].

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
OP...you are living with a woman that you are just dating. There is no commitment in your relationship and when you have that kind of a foundation well you are going to be caught up in these kind of situations. Unfortunately, a lot of guys today kid themselves believing that because a girl lives with you that it equates to her making a commitment. You need to value yourself a little more too. If a woman continues to treat you the way she has been treating you, then you need to realize that love doesn't behave that way and its time to move on. It is not normal to constantly have disagreements and hostilities in a relationship. And guys that think it is are in a dysfunctional relationship and it will never last. There are so many good women out there that it baffles me why you would want to put yourself in a stressful situation like this. People lose their health all the time because of stress like this and this is no way to live.

Wow, well said... for once.

rockthemullet

Established Member
Set the box out on the porch at 10:50, change the locks, don't let that bitch in the house.... Plain and simple.

I'd write a note that said, "Thanks for everything, I never knew how great life could be without you. You were holding me back and I now see that, have a good life." LOL

Be glad this happened now and not after you footed the bill to put her through school.

This... except for the note. Box it up, she's not the boss anymore, she can't tell you not to. Change the locks regardless of whether or not she's giving the key back, copies could've been made and you need to assert your control of the situation. I wouldn't throw the note out there, it suggests bitterness (emotion) and that's what she's expecting.

FWIW, I got footed the school bill. It sucks hardcore, but I've learned not to put my neck out so far and take care of myself first. Expensive lesson but nothing I can do about it now.

Imatk

Established Member
So I went to the bar with my friend Sam (girl) for her darts game. She asked me to come, she's like a sis. Got to talking to this girl Nicole, she said you gonna take my number or what, I gave her my phone and got it. Tried to give her a ride home but she said no and that she is staying by her friends. I offer to stay by me and she says she doesn't do that the first night but to text or call her. Good looking girl 5'2-3 maybe 100 lbs. I actually miss being single now lol. Thanks for the help you guys, really put me in a better mood. Past few days I go from a oh I miss her mood, to F her, to an eh oh well mood. This really helps. BTW she (Liz) text me tonight and here was our convo:

Her: Just a heads up I'm calling Com Ed tomorrow to have the electric taken out of my name
Me: You can pick up your stuff tomorrow. I'll have it bagged up
Her: Keep it
Me: Ok well it's going in the dumpster tomorrow then
Me: I want the key too. You can just slide it under the door if you'd like
Her: I told you I don't want you touching my stuff. I'll come get it when you aren't there
Me: You just said keep it?
Me: I'd prefer someone be there when you get it. I don't trust you
Her: OK I'll bring Tanya
Me: Ok
Me: Get it tomorrow or it'll be outside
Her: Ok
Her: It'll be around 11

NICE MAN!

It's amazing once you realize there are other girls out there... having feelings for someone can give you tunnel vision where you think they are the last and only girl out there. But one night out and you've broken that :)

As for putting her stuff on the porch or whatever... I don't know, let her come with the Tanya chick and get her shit and be done with it.

It sounds like she just wants an excuse to fight with you or come back (the whole "keep it" "don't touch it" crap). Just let her get her crap and be done with her.

chrisheltra

Established Member
She wants to come get her stuff so she can argue with you about what belongs to who. She wants to take as much stuff as possible even if it may not be hers. Id box up ALL of her stuff including gifts you have given her and leave it at the front door. Dont wait for her to give you the key back, change the locks ASAP.

bright blue

Established Member
This... except for the note. Box it up, she's not the boss anymore, she can't tell you not to. Change the locks regardless of whether or not she's giving the key back, copies could've been made and you need to assert your control of the situation. I wouldn't throw the note out there, it suggests bitterness (emotion) and that's what she's expecting.

FWIW, I got footed the school bill. It sucks hardcore, but I've learned not to put my neck out so far and take care of myself first. Expensive lesson but nothing I can do about it now.

True, the note does show bitterness and gives her back some leverage. Leave it out, cut ties, don't call, don't text, block her number, once she gets her stuff, you have her out of your life. Don't let her back in or the next time some dude grabs her ass at the bar, she'll be gone again.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

I agree completely. Who cares what she says? She decided to leave you and leave her stuff in YOUR house. Give back everything she bought or you gave her and leave it on the porch. Seems like she turned into a really bitter bitch for no reason, so its time to treat her like one.

She'll probably flip her lid when she finds the locks are changed, so maybe park your car on a different street haha. But be home so you know she doesn't damage anything just in case.

Oh, and what is it with you saying 'by' instead of 'with'. "Stay by my dad" instead of "stay with my dad"?? Weird.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
So basically what I got from reading your message is, you only want to talk or work on things when YOU"RE ready to? So when you get in an argument you don't talk to her and wait for her to call you? And when she doesn't then you get bothered by it? Sorry but it sounds like your relationship hasn't been much of one if this is how you guys work on your issues. Sounds like you both got some stuff to work on, so splitting up is probably the best thing.

Too young to be caged up any ways, too many feelings and curiosities are still alive at that age and it's hard for girls to not want to go out and experience what they can't get at home from their boring boyfriends.

1993MustangGT

Established Member
No real connections other than a dog.

To be honest going from working taking care of old people to a bar is a huge change of scenery.

The extra attention gets to their head and blows it WAY up. Especially if they arent getting it at home.

I tend to side in the direction that she is seeing someone else so you are better suited crying it out and heading in the opposite direction.

Never going to be the same, which has been said already.

Good luck and try to learn from this experience.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Didn't read everybodies post, but I agree with the consensus to move on. I had the same thing happen, except I had said the "I do", and had the ring on the finger. After awhile she started to go out with her female friends, which being the trusting person I was, saw no problem in it. Next thing I know I get the "I don't know what I want" speech, and asked to leave. As I later found out, she did know what she wanted. There was already another guy in the picture. Just be glad you did not put that ring on her finger and marry her, and this happened now. Trust me marriage is a hell of a lot easier to get into, then it is to get out of. Move on. I did, and I am even happier with the girl I have now. Good luck

And let me add stop talking to anybody that knows her, and still speaks to her. Do not let her know what is going on in your life. Someday you will look back on this, as I have, and say what the hell was I thinking.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Pics of gf?

She sounds like my kind of girl. Has daddy issues, just got out of a long term relationship and ready to experience the world and alot of guys in it. AKA, EASY. :lol1:

01svtL

Established Member
Went through something similar. Glad to see you moving on so quickly.

NOW, the best advice in this thread is F what she wants or says, box the shit up and put it outside. Let her show up and throw a tantrum like the 16 yr old inside of her (MOST women act like they're 16 until they turn 25-26), take her shit, and leave. Then you'll be done. It no longer matters what she says or wants. Why give in now? Take control of this situation, and get everything out before she gets there.

Users who are viewing this thread