Boss 1/4 mile runners please chime in...

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Hey hey hey there long time no talk.....I took mine out a month or so ago just down from the house where everyone around here street races...(we live in the country and it a straight flat road about a mile and a half long) went out there with my brother in law and his whipple supercharged 07...1st run into started in 2nd and rev'd up to about 2500..he hit the jump and I stayed on his bumper the whole way...2nd race I started in 1st and rev'd up to 4500 and I smoked him....I'm also running the cobra jet intake, mono blade tb, and frpp cai, and the blowfish racing trans bracket (love this thing) and bmr lca...shifting at 8k...we got down to the turn around and he says damn that things fast....haha....hope this helps any....hit me up I'll be around

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Very cool and you're on 93 octane too right not e85?

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes sir running 93.....considering running e85....Shaun with aed told me that they have a flex fuel tune now so there is no need to drain the fuel lines before switching fuels.....but for now here and there I'll run a can of Race Gas octane riser to raise the level of octane....one full tank of 93 plus one can of additive puts it somewhere between 98 and 100 octane....I kno higher octane itself doesn't make power it just allows me to get the MOST of my tune

P.s. glad to see you weathered all those storms!

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Yes sir running 93.....considering running e85....Shaun with aed told me that they have a flex fuel tune now so there is no need to drain the fuel lines before switching fuels.....but for now here and there I'll run a can of Race Gas octane riser to raise the level of octane....one full tank of 93 plus one can of additive puts it somewhere between 98 and 100 octane....I kno higher octane itself doesn't make power it just allows me to get the MOST of my tune

P.s. glad to see you weathered all those storms!

Awesome man...Yea we made it through just fine thankfully! Now I just gotta get my Boss on your level! haha

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I tell ...come over to the dark side with a cobra jet setup...I had my boss for a month and with the stock manifold it's fun to drive no doubt but with the cobra jet setup it's an entirely different beast.....normal up to about 4500....after that it's straight to ludicrous speed...if you have any questions or concerns about the setup hit me up I'll be around...fixing to get lined up for full exhaust next

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I tell ...come over to the dark side with a cobra jet setup...I had my boss for a month and with the stock manifold it's fun to drive no doubt but with the cobra jet setup it's an entirely different beast.....normal up to about 4500....after that it's straight to ludicrous speed...if you have any questions or concerns about the setup hit me up I'll be around...fixing to get lined up for full exhaust next

Awesome man...I'll definitely hit you up when I go that route. Thanks

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
No problem....I'll be around!

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Not sure if he's on here but I met a guy from Jacksonville FL at SGMP who has been 10.80's on a stock un-ported Boss intake. I think Tony Gonyon tunes his and it might be on E85. His name is Dave, car is a red/white 12'.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Not sure if he's on here but I met a guy from Jacksonville FL at SGMP who has been 10.80's on a stock un-ported Boss intake. I think Tony Gonyon tunes his and it might be on E85. His name is Dave, car is a red/white 12'.

Wow I believe it...on e85 with the right tune I know these make some power even on stock Boss intake manifold. Mine's making some power even just on 93. He's gotta be on bigs/littles too....Funny I'm also Dave with a black/red '12.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Please be sure to report back....I'm interested in seeing what your thoughts are with the 305's....I'm still gonna take the plunge cause I like the way it looks on yours just interested in a little feed back please sir

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Please be sure to report back....I'm interested in seeing what your thoughts are with the 305's....I'm still gonna take the plunge cause I like the way it looks on yours just interested in a little feed back please sir

Will do! Might even bring out my gopro and stick it on the car for the runs.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Good deal....let's see that beast in action!!!

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Full on cobra jet setup aed tuned....he raised limiter to 8200....it's a screaming banshee!!!

Does your high rev limiter work? My CJ setup and AED tune, rev limiter gone, she'll spin until you lift off the throttle... Seen it at 8300 and still pulling while the rev limiter is set at 7500... I thought 7500<8300...
I guess not.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine will still spin but you can hear it working in the exhaust ..the couple of times I've accidentally over rev'd it ..it let me kno

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member

I might get out there this weekend...If so I'll definitely be giving a full report.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
That'll work....be safe and have a blast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I got out to the 1/4mile dragstrip in Bradenton on Sunday and it was a crazy nice day and WAYYY too many people out there running. I waited an hour and a half and got a single damn run in and then waited another hour and no runs and got pissed and left because I had things to get done couldn't spend my whole day at the strip like some people I guess are able to do. Anyways I ran 12.7 @ 115mph...Some things to note from the single run I got...
1. I suck at driving, launching, shifting and everything else involved in getting a good time
2. It was very easy to run that time while being a horrible driver (had no idea I was that bad)
3. I ran that time with a launch off idle bogging and shifting well below 7500rpm's
4. The car pulls damn hard for having 305' and heavy 285 street tires up front
5. With more practice and possibly some light wheels/narrow tires up front and really good 7500+ rpm shifting this thing is going to run some crazy times and mph...It ran 115mph way too easy lol

I expected to be able to do a lazy first run and have several more runs to improve but that didn't happen so I'll have to maybe try the strip during week nights to see if maybe it's less busy.....Overall I'm very happy with my first and only run EVER in this car. 60ft was 2.1...With a launch off anything over idle and real good high rpm shifting this thing has some crazy NA street tire runs in it I'm sure with much lower ET and higher MPH...

Users who are viewing this thread