Boss 1/4 mile runners please chime in...

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Before my single run lol...
IMG_4892.JPG

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Dave glad you were able to get at least one run in...glad to hear that the 305's did good....now I gotta spend some money....just glad I got a tire rack warehouse here in town. Don't worry about your first time out....it'll come to you..remember...slow is smooth smooth is fast!! And as usual car looks killer!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Hey Dave glad you were able to get at least one run in...glad to hear that the 305's did good....now I gotta spend some money....just glad I got a tire rack warehouse here in town. Don't worry about your first time out....it'll come to you..remember...slow is smooth smooth is fast!! And as usual car looks killer!!

Thanks man...and yes you should get yourself some of these tires in 305...I was very impressed. I felt like they could've handled a lot more rpm off the launch but I never got to test that. I might get out to the 1/8 mile track which is a lot closer to my house to test them out some more and work on my launching/shifting skills.

FKing1

Established Member
On stock Pirelli's & MGW can only get 13.0 @ 113.
Of course biggest prob is hooking up, wheel spin even in 3rd.
No more lock out at rev limit with Spec Clutch & MGW.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
On stock Pirelli's & MGW can only get 13.0 @ 113.
Of course biggest prob is hooking up, wheel spin even in 3rd.
No more lock out at rev limit with Spec Clutch & MGW.

It's a tough car to launch...Fight for traction plus a high rpm / low torque at low rpm engine makes it very tricky to get just right. I think it needs about a 3-4k rpm launch with just the right amount of quick clutch release and throttle squeeze. It'll take several more runs for me...

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man...and yes you should get yourself some of these tires in 305...I was very impressed. I felt like they could've handled a lot more rpm off the launch but I never got to test that. I might get out to the 1/8 mile track which is a lot closer to my house to test them out some more and work on my launching/shifting skills.
Im definitely looking forward to getting some 305's. Especially now that I've dove head first into 47# injectors for e85 and kooks long tubes....gonna need that extra pinch of rubber back there for traction

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
bosscj I think we are in the same area in LA, I am in Shreveport. I have been wanting to hit the strip, I just do not want to mess up my paint:(. That and I would rather have decent tires to go on other than my stock wheels/tires.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep that's on stock tires...I'm talking on a much better tire it needs about 3-4k rpm to be a real good 60ft...
On the wore out stock tires I'm on with my cobra jet setup 4000 to 4500 is a good launch for me as well

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Well you guys gotta get out there and post up results here...I'm curious to hear results on similar cars to mine on similar tires....

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
bosscj I think we are in the same area in LA, I am in Shreveport. I have been wanting to hit the strip, I just do not want to mess up my paint:(. That and I would rather have decent tires to go on other than my stock wheels/tires.
Hey hey.....I'm just out in minden I'll pm you my info maybe we can meet up at the track and I'll bring some other people......Gilliam is close but we also like going out to Monroe to the strip out there ...it's pretty nice

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Well you guys gotta get out there and post up results here...I'm curious to hear results on similar cars to mine on similar tires....
Will do.....I've been getting the itch to get out to the track....I'll report back with results...I won't leave you hangin

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Hey hey.....I'm just out in minden I'll pm you my info maybe we can meet up at the track and I'll bring some other people......Gilliam is close but we also like going out to Monroe to the strip out there ...it's pretty nice

Sounds good to me, I work weekends a good bit of the time unfortunately. I will be down to go when I can. I did not know Monroe had a track though, a good many around here are not Gilliam fans. Apparently the prep is not as good. I hope by the end of the year to maybe pick up some rear tires and wheels to hit the track with.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I went and put on some new 245/40/19 tires up front in an effort to go a little faster...I felt the 285's up front were holding me back and she drives a LOT nicer with these much narrower/lighter tires up front. Loving them so far...Firestone Indy 500's really cool treads and ride great...Great price too...

IMG_4924.JPG

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Good looking tire Dave...glad to hear they're working good....I bet they make the steering a lot lighter....especially if you set the steering to sport

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Good looking tire Dave...glad to hear they're working good....I bet they make the steering a lot lighter....especially if you set the steering to sport

Yea steering effort is greatly reduced and overall drives nicer. The 285's wandered too much and could easily feel the weight and increased width of the tires in the steering wheel which was bothering me. Glad I went narrower up front...With the 305's out back. Just have to be careful in turns because the 305's try to over power the narrow fronts.:beer:

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
That's good to kno....I was fixing to pull the trigger on the 285's for the front...thank you for being the guinea pig haha...still going to put them steam rollers in the back though. Hope you're doing good

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Happy Halloween...The Boss and I should be making it out to the 1/4 mile again Thurs night after work...Possibly going dressed like this haha...

IMG_4926.JPG

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Happy Halloween.....that's a great costume!!!!! Have fun and be safe......record a video if you can please sir...boss looks SUPER great!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread