C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

musclefan21

Established Member
it doesnt matter you let out at 120. He caught up to you very quickly and blew by you. That is enough to show you who is the boss.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Traction being equal the GT500 would have taken it very easy. However I really like the new Corevette, Chevy has really made the C7 Corvette so much better than the previous generation.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
it doesnt matter you let out at 120. He caught up to you very quickly and blew by you. That is enough to show you who is the boss.

Since it looked to take about ~12.5 seconds to run down the vette, determining who is the 'boss' isn't so clear cut. IMO, that's pretty poor for a car with 200 more hp.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Since it looked to take about ~12.5 seconds to run down the vette, determining who is the 'boss' isn't so clear cut. IMO, that's pretty poor for a car with 200 more hp.

Um considering whoever was driving the GT500 couldn't launch worth a shit I'm pretty sure it would take less time than that.

Edit: And you obviously didn't see that the C7 is an auto.

Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member

The 13-14 GT500 is faster in a straight line stock for stock than a C7. PERIOD. Let not start a pissing match over something we all know is true.

musclefan21

Established Member

Holy shit the guy simply had traction problems and still took down a car that had a few cars head start on him with ease. If that doesn't prove who has the bigger balls, then I don't know what else.

Plus this is one race with one driver. This in noway a consistent result between the two.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Holy shit the guy simply had traction problems and still took down a car that had a few cars head start on him with ease. If that doesn't prove who has the bigger balls, then I don't know what else.

Plus this is one race with one driver. This in noway a consistent result between the two.

this.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

If you build a car with so much power, it can't lay it down effectively without VHT, who's fault is that?

C7 stock 1/4 times are already within ~.2 sec of the the GT500. Given the massive power advantage, that's pretty pathetic. I know this will piss everyone off, but it's true.

Blown02

Established Member
just goes back to picking your battles.. if your high hp and are confident in getting off the line w/ your sticky tires and launch, thats one thing.. but if you have street tires your high hp car is going to be faster from a roll..its common sense.. in all fairness the auto c7 should have given the gt500 a roll race from 40 as well.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

I agree.

Automatic vs. 6spd.

I've seen 6spd Vipers turn mid 11s @ 130mph+

automatic fbodys, mid 11s @ 115mph'

Race on the street? ha, it would have looked just like this race. Automatic FTW.

musclefan21

Established Member
If you build a car with so much power, it can't lay it down effectively without VHT, who's fault is that?

C7 stock 1/4 times are already within ~.2 sec of the the GT500. Given the massive power advantage, that's pretty pathetic. I know this will piss everyone off, but it's true.

no need for vht. Simple drag radials is good enough.

Your post proves you have no idea about racing. A car that pulled up to another car that quick and passed it that quick isn't .2 seconds quicker. Why don't you tell me what these two cars run best on a 1/4 mile?

R1Lello

Established Member
........and the base vette too.......the 'soon to come' more performance versions are going to be hurting some serious butt :)

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

+1

C7's are cutting 1.7 60ft times on stock tires while gt500's cut 2.3 60ft times, that's not the vettes fault.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
no need for vht. Simple drag radials is good enough.

Your post proves you have no idea about racing. A car that pulled up to another car that quick and passed it that quick isn't .2 seconds quicker. Why don't you tell me what these two cars run best on a 1/4 mile?

DR will definitely help, but then you are no longer stock, and kill the other performance areas of the car in return.

As I stated, the best 1/4 time stock for both cars are within ~.2 seconds. Traps are obviously significantly different, but that means zip at the 1/4. That should tell you which one makes the most use of what it has.

Users who are viewing this thread