C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

96lazervert

Established Member
From GM: "Reduced curb weight: The naturally aspirated Z/28 weighs 300 pounds less than the supercharged Camaro ZL1"

Sounds like the Z28 will be ~ 3,800 lbs. Better pull off the road for a Starbucks if you see the big snake.... :lol1:

Nah just lead it to a road course ;-)

flS/R

Established Member
even though the mustang chased down the corvette so quickly, I still wouldn't mind owning one of the new corvettes

racebronco2

Established Member
Your probably right, then again depending on traction which is always the Shelby's downfall because of the torque it makes. The Shelby's the best bang for the buck new for new for the power it makes. Just need to get the SRA out and come up with a badass IRS. That would transform the car IMO.

Transform the car into what? A Camaro? You add an IRS and you are going to add more weight and the handling will be no better. The problem is all the weight in the front and the roll center with a 90lb blower so far off the ground. Why do you think the vettes engines are so low in the chassis? It would help the ride of the car over irregular surfaces.

96lazervert

Established Member
Transform the car into what? A Camaro? You add an IRS and you are going to add more weight and the handling will be no better. The problem is all the weight in the front and the roll center with a 90lb blower so far off the ground. Why do you think the vettes engines are so low in the chassis? It would help the ride of the car over irregular surfaces.

I simply meant a properly setup terminator will hook better than a SRA shelby will. I've seen it time and time again. That's all.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I love both. I think it's ridiculous when people are brand loyal. No reason for it.

THIS ALL DAY LONG!!! I highly doubt Ford or GM could give a shit about any of their customers. Buy whatever you like and is best for you and the money you want to spend, brand be damned!!!

kaz109

Established Member
I was unaware a solid axle car with 265/285 tires that's capable of almost a full G on the skid pad was considered one dimensional?

Interesting

So you were not aware most GT500 owner are one dimensional and that they bought the car to be used one the hwy or spotlight to stoplight?

Interesting

Yellow03snake

Established Member
So you were not aware most GT500 owner are one dimensional and that they bought the car to be used one the hwy or spotlight to stoplight?

Interesting

Last time I checked 99.99999999% of car owners buy cars for this exact same reason.

GM marketing made all these road race qualities a selling point, and the fanboys are eating it up, yet 99.999999999% of them will never set foot on a course, most will never even drive past one.

Fascinating

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Last time I checked 99.99999999% of car owners buy cars for this exact same reason.

GM marketing made all these road race qualities a selling point, and the fanboys are eating it up, yet 99.999999999% of them will never set foot on a course, most will never even drive past one.

Fascinating

99% huh, small bubble of car owners you know then I guess :shrug:.... i know plenty of ppl who buy cars for the track and canyon drives. I guess I just happen to know that 1% :shrug:

TTNotch

Established Member

Interesting

Based on your logic, Then it would seem that any AMG,Ferrari or Lamborghini owner is less than dimensional in any aspect since the majority who buy those cars don't ever track or race their cars from a spotlight for fear of scratching their paint.

99% huh, small bubble of car owners you know then I guess :shrug:.... i know plenty of ppl who buy cars for the track and canyon drives. I guess I just happen to know that 1% :shrug:

I guess that whole population must live in your area.

kaz109

Established Member
Based on your logic, Then it would seem that any AMG,Ferrari or Lamborghini owner is less than dimensional in any aspect since the majority who buy those cars don't ever track or race their cars from a spotlight for fear of scratching their paint.

I guess that whole population must live in your area.

Fear of scratching their paint huh, yep that its you nailed it ........:rollseyes

TTNotch

Established Member
Fear of scratching their paint huh, yep that its you nailed it ........:rollseyes

The other reason was lack of balls which would be the more appropriate characteristics of most types that buy these cars since most of them don't see the track or a stoplight pull. Funny you say that GT500 owners are one dimensional but the fact is, it is still being used in the aspect that is was built for. I couldn't say the same for the mall carrier AMG's or garage queen Ferrari and Lambos that all share the same fate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread