Cobra Jet Intake manifold CAI Set up interest??

Mr.Solis

Established Member
Any updates on the intake tube availability?

Are there any other options available besides the ford racing version?

Deranged2013

Established Member
Any updates on the intake tube availability?

Are there any other options available besides the ford racing version?

Seen a Revolution Automotive thread a while back. Adam had his GT over 500Hp with the CJ manifold and had said something about a CAI for the CJ manifold was in the works. I plan to do this or a ported Boss manifold, TB, and CAI. Still undecided.

86Fbody

Established Member
Seen a Revolution Automotive thread a while back. Adam had his GT over 500Hp with the CJ manifold and had said something about a CAI for the CJ manifold was in the works. I plan to do this or a ported Boss manifold, TB, and CAI. Still undecided.

Can you port the Boss mani since its plastic?

darreng505

Established Member
The trouble I'm having with the CJ intake setup power option is that it's looking like a 30/30 gain at best. And for parts, labor, tune you're looking at around $2000-3000 if you get the parts from Ford wholesalers (saves about $500).
:??:

For twice that, you can get a TVS that brings 200/200 :coolman:

......hmmmm

Shaun@AED

photo_zps7a54a8b7.jpg

Shaun@AED

Did you tune that one?

Yessir

That's a members car (took the pic from his build thread in the 2011 GT section).

I've done 2 of these setups now. The above GT and another Members 2012 Boss. GT is coming in on Friday for custom TiVCT changes on the Dyno.

The JLT unit is for a 2010 GT and has a 110MM Maf housing. A little big IMO, but it works out OK.

NOGI88

Established Member
Yessir

That's a members car (took the pic from his build thread in the 2011 GT section).

I've done 2 of these setups now. The above GT and another Members 2012 Boss. GT is coming in on Friday for custom TiVCT changes on the Dyno.

The JLT unit is for a 2010 GT and has a 110MM Maf housing. A little big IMO, but it works out OK.

Would you recommend it over the boss manifold? What kind of gains did you pick up?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
From the Boss article I saw in 5.0 Mustang, not only is it 30/30 peak gain. From 3100 rpm+ there is a 12/10 gain through the entire curve. That's huge! for guys who are considering a throttle body as it is... your looking at 850 for the intake.

That's more sustained & peak HP/TQ than longtubes give you and guys have no problem spending the same money if not more.:shrug:

Shaun@AED

Would you recommend it over the boss manifold? What kind of gains did you pick up?

My buddy Adam @ Revolution posted results a while back, but it was with a different Custom CAI. His results were 20HP over the Boss I believe.
I want to say it was 7HP with the stock GT500 TB, so most of the gains seem to be with the TB.

The amazing part was that it out powered the Boss IM thruought the RPM band.

Shaun@AED

Do you just put on a breather for the drivers side PCV?

If you run a PCV tune to the intake you MUST run the driver side line to the CAI post Maf. Failure to do so (running a breather on only the drivers side VC) will result in a vacuum leak (unmetered air entering the intake manifold). If you run a breather setup it would be 2 breathers, one on each valve cover.

darreng505

Established Member
Well isn't that some good news.

My manufacture of silicone doen't currently produce the 5-4.5 reducer, so were pricing tooling and parts now.

Thanks
Jay

Well, ultimately you don't want a reduction. From the picture it looks like the reduction is towards the intake tube meaning that you get less MAF than if the tube was of equal diameter to the TB. So if you are going to manufacture something, do the tube! :banana:

ford20

Established Member
If you run a PCV tune to the intake you MUST run the driver side line to the CAI post Maf. Failure to do so (running a breather on only the drivers side VC) will result in a vacuum leak (unmetered air entering the intake manifold). If you run a breather setup it would be 2 breathers, one on each valve cover.

Ah ha, thank you for the clarification sir. So on a setup like this you would build a tune without the PCV system and take off the passenger side as well or are you somehow going to continue to use the drivers side PCV? I know it sounds like a pretty stupid question but that is what comes from a pretty stupid person lol. I am not to bright when it comes to how the PCV system works so I will have to educate myself more on this subject.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread