Cobra Mustang IRS Delrin/UHMW/Alum bushing kit w/adj. sway bar links & bumpsteer kit

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. It definately took me quite a bit of work just to get the parts to fit together in the first place. I'm getting some noise that I need to investigate before I know what all I need to replace. The upper control arm bushings were to small for the bores right off the bat, so I know those need replacing. The lower control arms I'm not sure about. Will you sell just the upper bushings, and if so what is the price, or are the upper and lower bushings a package?

01laser fyi after I replaced my bushings and springs it was like I was in a different car and that was with the crap that didn't even fit right. Its a lot of work, but definately worth it.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
magstang1 said:
Thanks for the reply. It definately took me quite a bit of work just to get the parts to fit together in the first place. I'm getting some noise that I need to investigate before I know what all I need to replace. The upper control arm bushings were to small for the bores right off the bat, so I know those need replacing. The lower control arms I'm not sure about. Will you sell just the upper bushings, and if so what is the price, or are the upper and lower bushings a package?

01laser fyi after I replaced my bushings and springs it was like I was in a different car and that was with the crap that didn't even fit right. Its a lot of work, but definately worth it.

Nick's bushings had more problems than I care to get into in a public forum. :rollseyes

Typically I have kept the control arm bushings a set. But if you seriously only want upper control arm bushings I can figure a price out for you on that. I have no problem selling a set of uppers only. Just shoot me a PM and I'll get on it!

Just like you, I was astounded in how different my car handled with all of the rubber gone in the IRS. :eek:

- Aj -

Established Member
Just to chime in here, I took a ride in a fully IRS equipped ac427cobra delrin packaged car yesterday, and I am fully convinced it works. No wheelhop at all, only some tires spin. No suspension noise was heard either. I have been converted! We will be in touch in the future. :thumbsup:

Aj

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
- Aj - said:
Just to chime in here, I took a ride in a fully IRS equipped ac427cobra delrin packaged car yesterday, and I am fully convinced it works. No wheelhop at all, only some tires spin. No suspension noise was heard either. I have been converted! We will be in touch in the future. :thumbsup:

Aj

Always glad to hear about happy customers!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
thinking about getting the diff bushings

how hard is it to install the diff bushings
do i need any special tools or anything to align the diff to minimize driveline vibes

thanks
Justin

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Fast99Snake said:
thinking about getting the diff bushings

how hard is it to install the diff bushings
do i need any special tools or anything to align the diff to minimize driveline vibes

thanks
Justin

I'm not going to kid anyone here, this is an ambitious undertaking. If you have experience working on cars, this will not be too difficult. Time consuming yes, difficult no. If you live in an apartment and you can carry your tool box with one arm, you are going to be in pretty deep! ;-)

You will need to set the differential pinion angle and it needs to match the angle that the driveshaft comes out of the transmission. An angle finder will be the tool for that job.

If the deepest you've gotten into your car was an oil change, you may want to hire somebody to do this?

The kit comes with installation instructions and I hear the MM web site also has excellent instructions? A lot of installation questions have been answered in the LOOOOONG thread in the "R" section and I'm here to answer questions you might not have.

Hope that helps?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Bruce,

Been in touch with you before and somehow missed this thread.

Couple of questions:

1) What are you charging for the complete UHMW IRS support setup (the weld in stuff)? Also post some more pics of it too if you can, the one you emailed me didn't show a whole lot.

2) Do you have a delrin set for the KB control arms? (I know we aren't the only 2 here with KB arms ;-) )

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
50 BMG said:
Bruce,

Been in touch with you before and somehow missed this thread.

Couple of questions:

1) What are you charging for the complete UHMW IRS support setup (the weld in stuff)? Also post some more pics of it too if you can, the one you emailed me didn't show a whole lot.

2) Do you have a delrin set for the KB control arms? (I know we aren't the only 2 here with KB arms ;-) )

James:

Page one of this thread has a photo. Individual prices are also listed. Shipping is included in the listed prices.

The UHMW bushings for the cradle, subframe, IRS support (whatever you want to call it!) are $100.00.

I will have the complete Delrin package for the KB IRS but it won't be until next Winter. :( I've already got three sets sold and I don't even make them yet! :-D I've just got too much shit to do! Gotta make sure my car can keep pace with the new Z06! :pepper: And THAT'S a tall order!! :rockon:

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I will have the complete Delrin package for the KB IRS but it won't be until next Winter. :( I've already got three sets sold and I don't even make them yet!

Aw hell. Guess the urethane will have to do till then.

What differences would there be in the KB set vs. the set pictured on the first page?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
50 BMG said:
Aw hell. Guess the urethane will have to do till then.

What differences would there be in the KB set vs. the set pictured on the first page?

The control arms on the Ford parts are different from the KB parts so the parts will be similar, just different sizes.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Bruce - thanks for your prior replies to my questions via PM. I have decided to take the leap and get rid of all the "Brand N" components rather than try and mix parts. Driving to Columbus and back today convinced me that this turd cannot be polished.

Any comments on just replacing the front cradle bushings and leaving the rears? I have read (from Mathis) that this can reduce additional NVH a bit. Just wondered if you've had any feedback or if anyone has tried this combo.

Can you give me a price for a complete kit LESS the diff mounts (sorry - for a DD these are just too harsh - I'd rather swap sets of urethane every 6 months!) but please add the 14mm front bolts.

I'm gonna use PayPal, but will include 3.1% for the fees.

Thanks again -
Don

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
johnny-longtors said:
Bruce - thanks for your prior replies to my questions via PM. I have decided to take the leap and get rid of all the "Brand N" components rather than try and mix parts. Driving to Columbus and back today convinced me that this turd cannot be polished.

Any comments on just replacing the front cradle bushings and leaving the rears? I have read (from Mathis) that this can reduce additional NVH a bit. Just wondered if you've had any feedback or if anyone has tried this combo.

Can you give me a price for a complete kit LESS the diff mounts (sorry - for a DD these are just too harsh - I'd rather swap sets of urethane every 6 months!) but please add the 14mm front bolts.

I'm gonna use PayPal, but will include 3.1% for the fees.

Thanks again -
Don

Don:

I don't like the idea of only doing the front cradle mount bushings. Just my opinion. NVH levels are going to elevate but you seriously need the cradle held as firmly as possible for wheel hop reduction?

pipeliner

Established Member
Next person to pull the bushings out of a 03/04 or 200r please pm me. If it is in one piece still. I need the bushings for measurement ppurposes. I will pay to have them shipped to me.

Dan

neckdemon

Established Member
hey man what's up? it's been a few weeks sinc ei last talke dto you about purchasing one of your bushing sets. i ran into some personal crap i had to deal with (which cost me a little money). anyway, i will have the money for a set by this weekend and ws just wondering if you still have sets available. if so then plan on me buying one this weekend. thnx.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm down to the last two sets of cradle bushings. We will be running some more.

Drop me a PM with a commitment and I will hold a complete set for five days for you!

DukeNukem1

Established Member
Full set

Do you think you will have sets still available in late June or early July 2006, i am gonna run at Putnam in June so I don't want to do any more work on car right now. :poke:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
neckdemon said:
pm sent. let me know, i def. want these bushings.
Got it and holding for you! :thumbsup:

DukeNukem1 said:
Do you think you will have sets still available in late June or early July 2006, i am gonna run at Putnam in June so I don't want to do any more work on car right now. :poke:

Yes, should be no problem? I'm down to the last cradle set right now and we are running more. I should have them by then no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread