Cobra Mustang IRS Delrin/UHMW/Alum bushing kit w/adj. sway bar links & bumpsteer kit

DukeNukem1

Established Member
cool, i can't wait, would love to do it now but I have alot to do with twins graduating in late May and one leaving for college first week of July(Kettering University-Flint) other in late September (OSU), that money and time are issues right now,not to mention my job(Delphi?????). :bs: :xpl:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Any left? If not, when will they be available again? Also, is there a removal tool included with this, like the MM tool, or would I have to buy that separate?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
PistolWhip said:
Any left? If not, when will they be available again? Also, is there a removal tool included with this, like the MM tool, or would I have to buy that separate?

Right now there is ONE complete set left. The UHMW is being run right now and we should see just a short temporary interruption in supply.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Ok, I am waiting for my Paypal account to transfer my money to my checking account, then I'll be ordering up.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
PistolWhip said:
Ok, I am waiting for my Paypal account to transfer my money to my checking account, then I'll be ordering up.

On April 21st I put up this post regarding Pay-Pal payments:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3544752#post3544752 (see post # 394)

This is regarding all future Pay-Pal payments. I'm asking for an additional 3% for the Pay-Pal fees because they are adding up on me! :(

We are making very little on these components and are basically doing it as a service to get good parts out to everyone at a reasonable cost! It might not sound like a lot but it adds up, trust me!

Sorry for the increase!

Last edited:

BLUBYU2

Established Member
Any full kits still available.........also the directions with the kit, does it explain how to adjust for pinion angle?

Thanks

Mike

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BLUBYU2 said:
Any full kits still available.........also the directions with the kit, does it explain how to adjust for pinion angle?

Thanks

Mike

Mike:

I am down to the last complete set right now.

There are lots of Control Arm sets along with front and rear diff supports. The UHMW cradle supports are on order and expect them soon.

Directions are included and have the instructions how to set the pinion angle.

I am leaving on a business trip Sunday returning on the 13th and won't be able to ship next week. I can ship today but funds must be Pay-Pal'd pronto.

Bruce

Last edited:

neckdemon

Established Member
hey bruce. just wanted to thank you. the set looks very nice. i will get them in soon, hopefully, and let you know how they work out for me. thanks again.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
:p
ac427cobra said:
Mike:

I am down to the last complete set right now.

There are lots of Control Arm sets along with front and rear diff supports. The UHMW cradle supports are on order and expect them soon.

Directions are included and have the instructions how to set the pinion angle.

I am leaving on a business trip Sunday returning on the 13th and won't be able to ship next week. I can ship today but funds must be Pay-Pal'd pronto.

Bruce

I am looking to get a set from you....how do I order from you? I am looking for a complete set, will have funds fri hopefully....are full sets still available???

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
FSTMRFR said:
:p

I am looking to get a set from you....how do I order from you? I am looking for a complete set, will have funds fri hopefully....are full sets still available???

Well, I was holding the last complete set for Blubyu2 but never received anything from him? :shrug:

So, I'm down to the last complete set right now and I was going to take it to the SVTOA Auto-Bahn event this coming weekend? But, if you want it, by all means you can certainly have it?!

You can PM me for an addy to send a check. Or I can accept Pay-Pal with an additional 3% tacked on for their fees. Pm for that addy also.

We are running more UHMW pieces for the cradle mounts as we speak.

You can check my Trader Rating for feedback or check the thread in the "R" section for reviews on the components. They are nothing like the Brand "N" stuff and I will actually answer your questions after the sale instead of ignoring you like the other guy would! :fart:

Let me know!!

Last edited:

BLUBYU2

Established Member
Sorry for not getting back to you.....my company is making cuts and I need to find out if I am on the chopping block or not........Will you have more complete sets in the months to follow? Once I find out what is going on with work I will be in a better position to get them from you. I do look forward to purchasing them from you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Mike

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BLUBYU2 said:
Sorry for not getting back to you.....my company is making cuts and I need to find out if I am on the chopping block or not........Will you have more complete sets in the months to follow? Once I find out what is going on with work I will be in a better position to get them from you. I do look forward to purchasing them from you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Mike

Mike:

No problem at all. More parts are in production and I don't expect much of an interruption in parts whatsoever!

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Don:

I don't like the idea of only doing the front cradle mount bushings. Just my opinion. NVH levels are going to elevate but you seriously need the cradle held as firmly as possible for wheel hop reduction?

Complete Control arm set is $350.00 and the UHMW Cradle set is $94.00. 14mm bolts with nuts are $20.00 pair. These prices include freight.

In my mind, from a mechanical standpoint, I'm not even sure why they would want the cradle to be able to move at ALL. I'm sure the only reason they did it was to keep the NVH to a minimum. What are your thoughts on solid bushings (read: aluminum) for the cradle?

To add to your answer, I have also read that it's a bad idea to use different durometer bushings on the front and rear of the cradle. So from my standpoint, it would be a mistake to only replace two of them. I have also read that most of increased NVH is attributed to the differential mounts.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
JPIStang said:
In my mind, from a mechanical standpoint, I'm not even sure why they would want the cradle to be able to move at ALL. I'm sure the only reason they did it was to keep the NVH to a minimum. What are your thoughts on solid bushings (read: aluminum) for the cradle?

To add to your answer, I have also read that it's a bad idea to use different durometer bushings on the front and rear of the cradle. So from my standpoint, it would be a mistake to only replace two of them. I have also read that most of increased NVH is attributed to the differential mounts.

I don't like the aluminum for a couple reasons.

#1 the short piece of tube that this bushing goes into, is out of round. I can't remember exactly how much, but I think it's about .016" or .020"? That's because the tube is welded only on one side to attach it to the cradle tubing. Precisely why I didn't choose Delrin for that location.

#2 the UHMW is a better choice for that location because it is a more compliant material. :idea: I didn't want to use aluminum because I know how noisy the aluminum front diff mounts are! :( There is no other material for that location that I felt comfortable with, that's why I was kind of stuck with aluminum. I'm not saying aluminum is bad for the cradle/subframe mount. It's just not my first choice. The UHMW does not move, I can assure you.

fordgasm67

Established Member
Do you have any kits still avalable? I would be interested in everything execpt the lower control bushings.

Thanks,

Bryan

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
fordgasm67 said:
Do you have any kits still avalable? I would be interested in everything execpt the lower control bushings.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan:

Yes I have kits available usually all the time. I have a set available for immediate shipment if you'd like.

I can deduct the lower control arm bushings from the kit price and PM you the total.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Hey Bruce. I am interested in the full cradle set with the 14mm bolts. Do you have the UHMASMDASKJDASLJDASd whatever they are? lol

I know I have some work cut out for me on the brand "N" uppers and lowers and the aluminum diff set up, but I am getting them at such a good price that it should be worth the extra effort. (I have a new 01 IRS out so I can get it all done and not fight it too much. Also, I have read the thread on Modularfords.com, great info.)

So yeah, I have my bank's bill pay ready to go to ya. PM me?

Thanks man!

mrbill00

Established Member
ac427cobra and/or anyone in Atlanta. I'm looking for a shop/dealership that can install the IRS cradle bushings (ac427cobra set). Must be a shop that has done these bushing before as i don't want them learning on mine. any help appreciated, thxs, mrb

Users who are viewing this thread