Considering Running Nitrous... Which kit??? Wet or Dry???

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I'm considering spraying my ported blower/dragon tb/pl. My current mods are GT pumps, 60's, MAFia, 4lb lower, 2.76 upper, JLT Rai.

I wanted to ask those that have run Nitrous successfully which kit would you/did/do you run? Is there anything else that I would need to do to my car (ie: headers) to run funny juice well? How would you recommend I run it, pre MAF, POST Maf??? I'm almost sure those don't apply to a wet kit, being that wet is run into the fuel rails.

I searched, searched and searched... nothing answered my question, so I'm going to ask for my situation.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...2720/zex-efi-wet-nitrous-kit-blackout-p-30591

This is the kit I'm eyeing...

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
I have a dry kit ordered for my car with an similar setup of mods. I plan to put it pre and see how well it maintains the a/f ratio on a 50-75 shot.

SVT03CobraVert

Established Member
I have wet

I got lucky and bought mine from a local seller for $100 of course it was used but def a hell of a price.

Last edited:

St_Evo

Established Member
Good thread. I always recommend contacting your tuner to see what kit he would refer you to. My tuner recommended the NX wet kit.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
awesome! Now does anyone have any info on how to run it? Or what else I need to run it... Do you all have headers?

I guess the kit I choose will determine how its run:shrug:

I'm almost certain that I'm going to run wet... Is there only one way to run wet?

SVT03CobraVert...

are your #'s on the bottle?

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Searching can help you immensely. There are literally HUNDREDS of threads on nitrous setups and opinions of.

:beer:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Wet is what I ran for years with my KB.... the added fuel with the kit was a lot easier than adding with the tune. Make sure you put it in the plenum of the TB... or get the plate that goes behind the TB, or even put it in between the SC/PL but then the throttle cable and Cruise will have to be adjusted.

NX has been he kit for years. TNT was the kit to have before that... NX uses the same high flow solenoids, and lines. You can go bigger with wet as well.... I was up to 200 with my KB...

Make sure you know what you are doing or the consequences are going to be diar...

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Searching can help you immensely. There are literally HUNDREDS of threads on nitrous setups and opinions of.

did that... I would be more than happy to read any thread that would answer my questions...

by all means, post them here.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Wet is what I ran for years with my KB.... the added fuel with the kit was a lot easier than adding with the tune. Make sure you put it in the plenum of the TB... or get the plate that goes behind the TB, or even put it in between the SC/PL but then the throttle cable and Cruise will have to be adjusted.

NX has been he kit for years. TNT was the kit to have before that... NX uses the same high flow solenoids, and lines. You can go bigger with wet as well.... I was up to 200 with my KB...

Make sure you know what you are doing or the consequences are going to be diar...

Thank you for your reply...

Ok, I did see a lot about NX kits, so I'm sold on that. NX it is... Is this the best (MOST COMPLETE KIT) they make?
Zex EFI WET Nitrous Kit (Blackout) [82023B] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs
Will I -or- Is it recommended that I need to buy ANYTHING ELSE to run this safely?

Now when you say, "put it in the plenum" what do you mean? Drill a hole in the plenum and insert some nozzle and spray it in there? I thought it was suppose to be fed into the fuel line? I know nothing about this, hence why I started a thread. I would rather ask what would seem to be "dumb" questions to those that know about it than to break something in my car.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
with those mods youll prob be fine up to a 100-125 shot...150 might be pushing the GT pumps?

any "kit" will work, you just have to decide if its going to be wet or dry. if you go over a 50 shot either one youll have to have a seperate tune anyways as you really should drop the timing on the shot.

Im sure you know the basics

wet kit...shoots nitrous AND fuel into the intake track. you have to run a line for each noid.

dry kit...sprays nitrous only.

imo...you have the pump and injector there...go dry with a tune specifically for it. the 60s will apply all the fuel you need up to a 100-125 shot. less line to run / things to wire, and you wont just "turn it on". youll need to set it up before hand.

a heater is a good accessory to have if you plan to run it in the cool or cold weather to keep the pressure up. and a window switch

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
i am picking me up that zex kit 82023, tomorrow. Guy locally has it brand new am im getting it for 380!! Im spraying mine into my Kenne Bell, but i just am going as far as possible fuel wise, already got the dual gts, wiring in the dual fpdms with BAP ive already got, aeromotive rails, -8an line from pumps-rails....

Users who are viewing this thread