Drag strip results SCJ vs GT350 Manifold:

Shaun@AED

SCJ FTW!
Track gains back up the dyno gains.
Yes, the DA was better today with the SCJ, but even corrected the SCJ performed better than the GT350 (as expected).

IMAG0139_zpssryluvgz.jpg

11.03 @124 SCJ > 11.22 @122 GT350 (All else aside from weather the same!)

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Impressive results Shaun! .2 and 2 mph are great gains even if you were in better DA. Are you going back to try for a 10 sec slip before modding more? I dont want to derail your thread but whats next? Cant wait to read about another update on the car. Thanks again for posting up results, threads like these make me want to throw some money at the car and get it moving!!

Shaun@AED

Impressive results Shaun! .2 and 2 mph are great gains even if you were in better DA. Are you going back to try for a 10 sec slip before modding more? I dont want to derail your thread but whats next? Cant wait to read about another update on the car. Thanks again for posting up results, threads like these make me want to throw some money at the car and get it moving!!

I am undecided on changing gears to maximize NA performance or going boosted as has been my eventual plan, which is why I picked up the A6 vs the MT82.

This car is an R&D test bed, so although ET/MPH is nice to see, it's not why I go to all this trouble buying parts and testing them. This is all for customers so I can properly support their tuning needs and advise them correctly on which parts perform best.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
How are you 60' that thing? I have a A6 in mine with 3.55's and the best 60' I've got is a 1.8. I've tried bringing it up on the converter and leaving off idle and there isn't much difference in time.

Shaun@AED

How are you 60' that thing? I have a A6 in mine with 3.55's and the best 60' I've got is a 1.8. I've tried bringing it up on the converter and leaving off idle and there isn't much difference in time.

Circle D 6C on the foot brake.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hey shaun great runs, my car mods are similar to yours not to mention the same color. i have a 5c, what rpms are you leaving at, i have yet to get to the track!

Shaun@AED

Hey shaun great runs, my car mods are similar to yours not to mention the same color. i have a 5c, what rpms are you leaving at, i have yet to get to the track!

I found the best 60 fts from standing on the brake while reving the motor to ~2000ish, then stamping on the gas just before letting off the brake, resulting in a launch RPM of 4700.

Flashing from 1500 while having a light foot on the brake resulted in a higher stall speed (5000RPM), but slower 60fts as the car moved out nearly a car length before hitting the tires hard.

These are not easy transmissions to launch with.

Fast Orange

Established Member
SCJ FTW!
Track gains back up the dyno gains.
Yes, the DA was better today with the SCJ, but even corrected the SCJ performed better than the GT350 (as expected).

IMAG0139_zpssryluvgz.jpg

11.03 @124 SCJ > 11.22 @122 GT350 (All else aside from weather the same!)
130 mph N/A? hat else is done to the car besides the intake and a convertor?

Shaun@AED

What wheels and size are being used on that car? I like that setup.
Thanks Mike
Weld Racing RTS's Bead locked 17x10.5 with MT ET Street Radials in the rear and Weld Racing Alumastar 2.0's in the front with MT Radial skinnies.

what hood are ya'll using to get the clearance for the SCJ ?
Stock or Aftermarket the SCJ will not clear any hood. It hits all hoods in the rear cowl area near the firewall where the under hood bracing is. You can either cut the bracing or lower the engine 3/4" with aftermarket mounts. I've seen it done both ways and opted to lower the engine rather than cut my Trufiber Hood.

Users who are viewing this thread