• Welcome to SVT Performance, your home for all things SVT

Dual Bosch 044's vs Triple Walbro GSS342

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by alpha06, Feb 18, 2011.

1. alpha06

alpha06 SKY 600 Established Member

I need some good advice on which fuel pump set up to go with my 3.4 Whipple E85 setup. I tried to search but came up empty on this topic.

Anyway, i know that both of these set ups will do the job, but i would like opinions on maintenance, durability ease of installation and cost. This set up will be return style with 80lb. injectors etc.

Which set up flow the most? I expect to make 750-790rwhp. I'll be ordering this set up next week and need some concrete expertise.

Thanks

2. MVD

MVD Active Member Established Member

Which setup will flow the most is impossible to answer with the info you have given. What base fuel pressure do you plan to run because that greatly effects the output of the fuel pump.

The "easiest" route is to run the triple Walbro's since they are internal and you can just buy the Fore hat with the wiring all already there. The Bosch pumps are external so you would have to figure out how you want to mount them and wire them.

Maintenance and durability are a wash, both will be trouble free, cost you can obviously figure out for yourself.

3. Digital

Digital New Member Established Member

I would use one single large external 1k hp pump vs the bosch units personally or the 3x wals.

4. racerat

racerat 200+mph Boss-O-Matic! Premium Member

I ran a single Fuelab pump and had failure on my first 200 mile road trip.

I've been running bosch 044's for about a year now and no issues whatsoever.

Just upgraded to 105lb injectors and did the E85 switch last month. I'm changing tanks (have sumped, going sleeper) and we're adding a 3rd bosch pump for giggles, but the two are providing plenty of fuel for 700+ rwhp on a Mustang Dyno.