dynoed my terminator

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So I have owned my cobra for 4 months now, and I'm about ready to do a blower swap but I wanted to make sure everything is good to go before I installed it. All my mods are in my signature. Pretty basic setup. My tuner made a few adjustments but nothing crazy, the end result was 523whp and 518wtq. Now to deiced between the 2.3 TVS or the 2.9 whipple.

SS EATR

Established Member
Nice numbers, I'll be adding the 4lb lower to my setup soon and will hopefully put down something similar to yours, but I'm auto so probably not quite as high.

SS EATR

Established Member
Nice numbers, I'll be adding the 4lb lower to my setup soon and will hopefully put down something similar to yours, but I'm auto so probably not quite as high.

SS EATR

Established Member

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
my God SS Eatr we get it. :D
LMMFAO

Car is putting it down. Very nice.
I couldn't believe that you had that car for 4 months now. Man, time flies by.
Good luck with the blower swap. Keep us posted!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nice!

Always weird to see how long it takes those pulls with an eaton setup....wait until you get the twin screw and have it pullied for 20+...it will RIP thru a 4th gear pull in contrast

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice!

I just converted mine to a TVS this year (631rwhp).
Just switched it up to E85 last week.
Got to get it on the dyno but it feels faster!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice numbers start a build thread when you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Right on, The 4LB lower makes a big difference
my God SS Eatr we get it. :D

Good power man!
lol thanks buddy
2.9 Crusher and get that 4lb lower off of the car. You can sell it to SS EATR.
I want to do the 2.9 whipple, just not a crusher.
Run the TVS 3.2 upper with that 4lb lower
that's not a bad setup either, I'm seriously torn between which blower i want to go with
LMMFAO

Car is putting it down. Very nice.
I couldn't believe that you had that car for 4 months now. Man, time flies by.
Good luck with the blower swap. Keep us posted!
defiantly
Nice!

Always weird to see how long it takes those pulls with an eaton setup....wait until you get the twin screw and have it pullied for 20+...it will RIP thru a 4th gear pull in contrast
I was kinda thinking the same thing lol
Nice!

I just converted mine to a TVS this year (631rwhp).
Just switched it up to E85 last week.
Got to get it on the dyno but it feels faster!
what fuel system are you running?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Very nice! I had a TVS on my last cobra. I'm doing the 2.9 for my current one.

After looking at the 2.9 in person, it LOOKS much more impressive, only time will tell if it actually is. LOL
15233702_10101651182574172_1110883500_o.jpg

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Might be dumb question here but.. isn't it proven that a 2.9 will make more power when you turn it up? Seems like I've been reading a lot on these two blowers being compared latley. Unless you don't want to max it out? But wouldn't you want something with room to grow?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
That was my thought.

My goal now is 700.. But who knows what I'll want to do next year. I figure with the 2.9, if I really want to spin it there is much to gain.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Might be dumb question here but.. isn't it proven that a 2.9 will make more power when you turn it up? Seems like I've been reading a lot on these two blowers being compared latley. Unless you don't want to max it out? But wouldn't you want something with room to grow?

It really depends. I personally went with the tvs for the removable plenum (which I've had to remove once already) and the hard hitting torque down low that it provides. I'm sure I'm in the 675-700 range which honestly is a handful on the street. If I truly wanted more power than what I have I would consider a custom turbo setup.

Edit: I also believe that some initially go with a bigger blower and don't spin it hard enough and not running the right fuel. This makes the car feel lazy. I see no sense in slapping a 2.9 on the motor and only running 16 psi. A 2.3 will generally hit harder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread