E85 on TVS 09

kput

Established Member
I've done quite a bit of searching and am still coming up a tad empty handed, so I figured I would make my own thread and hope I don't get yelled at.

I am wanting to switch to e85 from my current pump gas setup.
I am running a 2.3 Trinity, 2.4 Pulley, 57lbs Injectors, and DW300 duel fuel pumps in stock hat.
And yes, I know I should just go full-return style... but I just dropped 2500 bucks on a new transmission so a full fuel system isn't in the budget this winter.

I know I will have to upgrade injectors, ideally to 1300 but I've read I can probably get away with 1000's.

I know I will have to upgrade my lines / filters, and am planning on doing -8, however I know nothing about fuel lines and what will be required, so if someone can point me to the write products / links that would be cool.

I am worried about the pumps. I have read my DW340lph pumps will handle enough e85 to support 800rwhp without a BAP. I would like to know if anyone else is doing this, and if I should just upgrade pumps.

So that leads to the question, what pumps can I upgrade to that I can fit into the stock hat?

Also if I stick with the DW300's, should I modify the wiring / tubes in the hat? I've seen a writeup before but I seem to have lost it on modifying the T to a y style?

Thanks for the help!

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I use (3) 340's in a return setup with E85 on a TVS full bolt on car. (850 rwhp). I have -10 supply and -8 return. Might be a little overkill, but there's room to grow.

kput

Established Member
Are DW300's and upgraded lines going to be sufficient around 700whp though?

Also if I decided to go return, could I take advantage of my stock hat and 2 pumps?

Last edited:

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
(2) DW's should be ok for 700, but I would not want to go past 740-750 rwhp
I'm don't think the stock hat can be modded for return.

builttodrive

Established Member
Not sure this helps you but I may be running what you are looking for. With my setup and at my power level I am getting by with about 90% duty cycle. I needed the DW300m pumps and the VMP dual baps to get there. Stock pumps were maxed out. Other mods in sig.

kput

Established Member
I picked up the Lethal Budget return system today, as well as a set of Walbro 465's. This setup should do 800 on stock rails with e85 from what I've heard.

gearhead08

Established Member
I have DW300M Pumps, Dual VMP Boosta Pump, ID1000s, My car fuel system has supported Me at 697rwhp and 727rwtq that was me spinning on a Mustang Dyno. That being said. Now for some reason my pumps are intermittent. Below 3/4 a tank they run lean for some stupid ass reason. I am going to have to pop them open to see if anything is wrong. My setup also has a BA5000 because I was told I cannot use the stock MAF in this setup because it maxes the counts out. Then VMP tells me that it shouldnt be maxing out. So something crazy is going on with my car in the tune. I might not be the best to talk to, just this is my experience so far. I also have completely stock fuel lines and upgraded fuel rails only because my other fuel rails failed.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Kput,
Can you post a pic of your new fuel pump hat. Or can you tell me if there is an OEM style connector at the top of the hat?

kput

Established Member
Thanks for the info Gearhead, I knew the setup should be good for that power level but VMP didn't really want to tune it returnless.

SCJ, I don't have it in my possession yet, but it's supposedly plug and play with their harness. Here's a photo from their website.
rtjmvq.png

Acunamatata

Established Member
I have dual DW 340 pumps 80lb injectors and BAP thats my set up, I'll be running the ported blower for now on E85. 10.5:1 CR motor. then ill switch to a better blower. I hope it should be good for 700

Users who are viewing this thread