easiest way to raise/lower a bit?

99gtstinger

Established Member
Bought the car recently with bilstein shocks/struts, not sure what springs (red springs--maybe eibach?). The car sits pretty level, and currently has 255/45/17 tires all the way around. The front has a slightly larger gap and this week im changing wheels/tires to 275/35/18 OR 275/40/18 in the front with 305/35/18 in the rear. The 275/40 will help eat up the extra gap in the front, but is like .2" larger. I'm thinking it might be easier to just lower the front a bit or raise the back a bit--but not sure how. It looks like both iso's are in the fronts and rears. Is there anyway to raise the rears maybe .25 - .5"? Maybe thicker isos or something? not looking to do anything drastic, but wondering what my options are....

Snagmaster

Established Member
The Prothane iso's I picked up for my car were about normal factory thickness, but the new Steeda X2 Balljoints came with an aluminum spacer that would negate the Balljoints 1/2 lowering amount that's built into them when used with the iso's up front.

It may be that they can be used with the rear iso's to raise the rear by 1/2 inch with no other work done, you may be able to get a pair from Steeda or if you paid for postage I can send you my unused ones, they would be inserted between the top of the spring and the ISO itself, I'll get to the shop tonight and see if they are the same size as the rear springs, I have all the factory parts put away so I can check really quick.

I lowered my vert 2' in the front but only 1-1/4 in the rear to get a better stance and still have some suspension travel left in case I road trip with luggage, it doesn't look funny the way I did the car but it's right on the edge of not being enough.

I'll get back to this in an hour or so after I check the spacers against the rear springs.

Mark

Snagmaster

Established Member
Ok I checked them, they are 1/4 inch thick, 4-11/16 wide and have a center diameter of 3-7/16 inch, they fit inside the front upper iso's which will fit over the top of the rear spring as they seem to be the same diameter, and yes I checked so they will work.

If you want them and pay for postage I'll send them out to you, these will raise the rear of your car at least 1/4 inch but the Steeda literature states 1/2 inch when used.

You could just buy a new or used set of springs but this is way cheaper and you can install them a lot easier than springs, jack up the car and support the rear frame just in front of the rear suspension with the wheels off the ground,place a jack under the diff, disconnect the lower shock mounts, lower the diff and you should be able to remove the upper iso's with a little effort and install the plates, jack up the diff, attach the shock mounts and you're done.

Let me know and I do have paypal

Snagmaster

Established Member
Oh well, due to the lack of an answer and the fact that it took me 10 minutes to get to this post due to the constant hijacking here to "über eats" (8 times) I won't be back anytime soon.

They fixed the search function but if you can't keep the site from being hijacked then it becomes unuseful, I realize you can't fix everything at once but this is the only website I've ever found with a hijacking issue in 16 years on the net, too bad, it's a great site otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread