Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 - 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ Video! (Pulley Swap)

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Lazerred98cobra said:
2-slow stop making excuses for evolution. Let them do it themselves.
Oh I agree that was a shitty thing to not mention mods. I am just talking in general to all the others. They will always find something to use against it. Not sticking up for thim. I was impressed at first but we'll see what they have to say.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Nice, but I have to agree with the uncertainty as to what has been done to the car in the dyno above. The port I'm sure added power. I would like to see stock, pulley/catback/tuned only mods as I think that's what almost everyone will do to this car. Then show the change with the port added to that, and et change before and after a gear swap. I'm sure we will see it very soon.

Fourcam330

Established Member
pianoprodigy said:

Do the math. With the power posted it's entirely possible assuming slicks and a decent suspension--which I believe they'll have next time out.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Do the math. With the power posted it's entirely possible assuming slicks and a decent suspension--which I believe they'll have next time out.

What do you think it will trap?

I'll guess @ 125

Formula51

Established Member
Snorman said:
And BTW...I'm not stirring up crap, but I'd like to have a full list of what's done to this car, as it appears some mods aren't being listed.
:shrug:
S.

I agree. Your credibility just took a big turn in the wrong direction. It would be very helpful if you gave us a full run-down of every nut and bolt that has been changed on the car.

Also somone else asked earlier, have you noticed any belt slip with the 2.6" pulley and is it at all a concern?

Fourcam: I know this car does not have longtubes and many other tricks will be discovered over the next several months, but there is still a ways to go to get to that 625rwhp range you were predicting on the stock blower.;-)

Fourcam330

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Fourcam: I know this car does not have longtubes and many other tricks will be discovered over the next several months, but there is still a ways to go to get to that 625rwhp range you were predicting on the stock blower.;-)

I posted a while back that 624rw was done on 104 octane race gas with the stock blower; I also remember speaking with Jeff/HISSMAN about it. I'm still willing to bet that at some point (maybe not the first modded example) we'll see close to if not 600rw with stock longblock/blower.

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
What do you think it will trap?

I'll guess @ 125

Depending on suspension/tire/gearing and exact weight, 125-127mph sounds about right.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Everytime I see someone post a dyno chart I always think the following. Regardless of the fact that they "forgot" to mention mods lets forget about this for a minute. They posted ONE graph. That is a sample size of ONE from a statistical sense, which means according to the Basien (SP) estimator theory this means you are about 33 % confidence in your improvement. Now take say 3 samples or 3 dyno pulls or 3 quarter mile times you have about 66 % confidence in your improvement. If you want to be 95 % confident in your improvement you need to take 11 samples. My point is too many times people post up their single highest dyno chart or track time and everone goes ooo ahhh look. The reality is people want to know realistic numbers are. I'm not saying these are not realistic numbers, nor am I saying lets all become statisticians. All I'm saying is vendors, tuners, people lets be a little more accurate and take the average of 3 when testing for improvements. Evolution please feel free to post your 3 best quarter mile times from you track trip this weekend. I would be interested to see the results.

dynobobstieg

2-slow said:
I agree, 2hp whoa look out! Oh well all the disbeleivers and haters will find anything they can to tear the car down. Nothing you can do.

I believe the problem most of us are having is the conflicting results from Fred not the car.

Our goal was to get Honest and Accurate results from porting the GT500. Fred did not even mention the blower was ported in his posts until someone called him out about the Stiegemeier logo on the blower during the dyno run.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:

I believe the problem most of us are having is the conflicting results from Fred not the car.

Our goal was to get Honest and Accurate results from porting the GT500. Fred did not even mention the blower was ported in his posts until someone called him out about the Stiegemeier logo on the blower during the dyno run.
Hey man I have seen your work several times I am not doubting you, I said "2hp whoa look out" as to maybe why they didn't mention it because it only gained 2hp. Then again it could be the majority of the gain instead of the pulley. As you said there are some numbers not adding up somewhere. Don't take that as a stab at you.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
cobraCMDR said:
Everytime I see someone post a dyno chart I always think the following. Regardless of the fact that they "forgot" to mention mods lets forget about this for a minute. They posted ONE graph. That is a sample size of ONE from a statistical sense, which means according to the Basien (SP) estimator theory this means you are about 33 % confidence in your improvement. Now take say 3 samples or 3 dyno pulls or 3 quarter mile times you have about 66 % confidence in your improvement. If you want to be 95 % confident in your improvement you need to take 11 samples. My point is too many times people post up their single highest dyno chart or track time and everone goes ooo ahhh look. The reality is people want to know realistic numbers are. I'm not saying these are not realistic numbers, nor am I saying lets all become statisticians. All I'm saying is vendors, tuners, people lets be a little more accurate and take the average of 3 when testing for improvements. Evolution please feel free to post your 3 best quarter mile times from you track trip this weekend. I would be interested to see the results.

You point is taken to a certian degree. I have been on the same dyno, numerous times with my "R" and it will give you a headache trying to figure out why you dynoed xxx this time when last time it was 13 hp more? (or even less for that matter) Relatively same weather, no changes to the car etc.

This is only ONE car (the first I might add) of MANY we will be seeing! These guys are blazing an untraveled path here. Give them some time! Patience! It's a virture!

:coolman:

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:

Stiegemeier I agree they should have done at least 3 pulls after the port to make sure they did not have a problem with their recording device etc. Everyone is so quick to be a hero and say bah well I got only 2 hp so the port job did nothing. I say Bullshit. They did not perform the test using basic test validation techiniques. A sample of one is worthless. See above post. :burn:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
This is only ONE car (the first I might add) of MANY we will be seeing! These guys are blazing an untraveled path here. Give them some time! Patience! It's a virture!

:coolman:
I'm glad that they're blazing the path, but I think they goofed big time by not presenting all of the information honestly. And now everyone is scratching their heads and doubting the results. Hopefully they will be able to clear up the confusion. :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bad360rt said:
I'm glad that they're blazing the path, but I think they goofed big time by not presenting all of the information honestly. And now everyone is scratching their heads and doubting the results. Hopefully they will be able to clear up the confusion. :-D

I've asked Fred to come in here and answer a few questions. :)

dynobobstieg

2-slow said:
Hey man I have seen your work several times I am not doubting you, I said "2hp whoa look out" as to maybe why they didn't mention it because it only gained 2hp. Then again it could be the majority of the gain instead of the pulley. As you said there are some numbers not adding up somewhere. Don't take that as a stab at you.

No offense taken. I guess I should clear up the fact that Fred gave me, on the phone different information than he posted here I was told the car with the 3.0 pulley made 8-9 lbs boost also that our port gave him 10 HP. If you read Evolutions posts you can see where I am confused. He now has 14 lbs of boost and 63 more HP and 60+TQ -ONLY adding the 2.6 pulley?

Fourcam330

Established Member
At the very least we should wait to unload our criticism in full until Evolution responds. There are sometimes extenuating circumstances in which some things need to be kept on the "DL" at present or on the 'net--testing for rags, prototype parts, etc.
Not making excuses for anyone, so take it fwiw.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
At the very least we should wait to unload our criticism in full until Evolution responds. There are sometimes extenuating circumstances in which some things need to be kept on the "DL" at present or on the 'net--testing for rags, prototype parts, etc.
Not making excuses for anyone, so take it fwiw.
+1
I just want to know the full list of mods.
S.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
No offense taken. I guess I should clear up the fact that Fred gave me, on the phone different information than he posted here I was told the car with the 3.0 pulley made 8-9 lbs boost also that our port gave him 10 HP. If you read Evolutions posts you can see where I am confused. He now has 14 lbs of boost and 63 more HP and 60+TQ -ONLY adding the 2.6 pulley?

Again, they should have done multiple dyno pulls after the port to show the improvement for both your benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but the GT500 has a Eaton M112H. I believe the only difference is the guts (Screw Design) from a terminator? I would think the Stiegemeier port would have similar if not better results with the improved screw design of the hybrid blower over the terminator M112, port for port that is. Right now I'm taking sides with Stiegemeier as they have a proven record of power gains.

WDW MKR

Established Member
cobraCMDR said:
Again, they should have done multiple dyno pulls after the port to show the improvement for both your benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but the GT500 has a Eaton M112H. I believe the only difference is the guts (Screw Design) from a terminator? I would think the Stiegemeier port would have similar if not better results with the improved screw design of the hybrid blower over the terminator M112, port for port that is. Right now I'm taking sides with Stiegemeier as they have a proven record of power gains.

It is still a roots blower. Albeit an improved "hybrid" design, but still not a twin screw.

adamb258

Established Member
Stiegemeier said:

Fred did not even mention the blower was ported in his posts until someone called him out about the Stiegemeier logo on the blower during the dyno run.

oops! look what i started :D

Users who are viewing this thread