Ford Racing GT500 spec TVS Swap into 04 Cobra

StockAF

Established Member
Hey guys,

I recently removed and sold my 2.2KB off my 2004 Torch red coupe. I was running 17psi and making around 590rwhp with full bolt ons and stock exhaust manifolds. I loved the 2.2kb, sounded great and pulled well but I needed more power. I don't drive the car a ton do I figured I could do a build that took a month or so. My goal setting out is to make a solid 650-670rwhp on 93 octane pump gas and keep good drivability. I looked at many different blower options; I looked into bigger Kenne Bells, crusher and non crusher whipple and a TVS kit. All looked very tempting! When searching through the Buy/sell Terminator Forum, I stumbled across 2 used blower setups that I wanted. First was a 3.4 non crusher, and the other was a Ford Racing GT500 spec 2.3 TVS with a big VMP elbow and VMP throttlebody along with JLT Big Air Carbon Fiber Intake (blower meant for 07-14 gt500) also came with cobra engineering adapter plate and some other goodies. After researching how big of a b*tch the 3.4 is to install and the modification you have to do to make it fit I decided to go with the more unusual blower set up. The guy I bought the TVS off of is the best seller I have ever dealt with and a great guy! He has helped me with any questions I've had and sent me even more items than I have payed for just because "he doesn't have use for them" He has sent hundreds of dollars worth of stuff that I am going to use for free. Not to mention that he has a badass Screaming yellow coupe.

IMG_2734_zpsp5bwet0p.jpg

My build as it sat before the blower swap:

2.2KB w/3in upper (17psi)
High boost intake
Ba2600
80lbs injectors
KB boost-a-pump
Bigger Intercooler Resviour
Fluidyne HE
Magnum T56 w/26 spline
McLeod RXT
MGW short throw
Off-road Xpipe
Magnaflow catback
Tubular K member
Lowering springs

IMG_2622_zpsldldugdk.jpg

IMG_2625_zps8j25xikn.jpg

Now onto the new set up,

--GT500 Specs TVS Set Up and Additions--
Ford Racing 2.3 TVS w/ 2.76 billitflow upper
VMP Plenum w/VMP Throttle Body
JLT carbon fiber Big Air Intake
Gt500 slotted MAF sensor
Diablo Mafia
Battery relocation
NGK TR6 spark plugs gapped at .030
Modified FPDM
Twin Walbro 465's
2# Lower Pulley (maybe)
Reichard Racing Tensioner

IMG_3024_zpss9xbc8pc.png

IMG_2969_zpshkphwtty.jpg

IMG_2906_zps3nvryeaf.png

IMG_2987_zpsiwmtbj6k.jpg

IMG_3009_zpsjwpeua6v.jpg

IMG_3022_zpsosgyscmd.png

IMG_3025_zps4bn00ctl.png

I'm not really sure what to expect hp/tq wise or what boost I'll be at. If I had to quess, I'd say I'll make 650rwhp @19psi. My tune date is October 18th and I'm excited to see what happens! If you guys have any wild guesses throw them out there!

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Car looks good. You're taking it to Lee I assume? I don't think your going to get 650 on 93 on his dyno, but you will definitely top 600. I'll make my official guess 620rwhp. Good luck with it.

StockAF

Established Member
Thanks for the input R.P.D! I will be getting a second tune on Torco also which will help. I'll hit 650 easy with a 2# lower but might be tough with a stock lower. Where you from? Would love to see your car in person if you close enough!

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Very nice looking car and that is a solid setup. If you went the e-85 route you could see the 650+ that you are looking for.

StockAF

Established Member
If E85 was more readily available around me I would be all over it lol but we have one gas station with E85 within a 50 mile radious.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Thanks for the input R.P.D! I will be getting a second tune on Torco also which will help. I'll hit 650 easy with a 2# lower but might be tough with a stock lower. Where you from? Would love to see your car in person if you close enough!

I'm in New Albany. There's a few decent cruise-ins around the area, maybe next spring we can meet at one. As far as e85, what about Scottsburg? I have to think one of the stations there has it. Of course you would need to do a few more things to your fuel system first.

StockAF

Established Member
No e85 in scottsburg but 1 gas station in Austin has it. Let me know when there are some good cruise ins or other fun "night activities" and I'll come down. I'm down I'm Clarksville often

StockAF

Established Member
Update!!!! Car is off for Fuel upgrades and tune at Blankenship performance. Also it will be tuned on 93 and 110 octane! Decided to not use the 2# lower as of now! I'll keep up on the end numbers when it dyno'd next Tuesday!

IMG_3079_zpsigahuayz.jpg

StockAF

Established Member
Another update!!
465 Fuel pumps are too big to fit stock fuel hat(even though on the previous car the pumps were on it fit the stock hat) Lee thinks the stock pumps will hold up fine.... we will see.....

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Dyno session is tomorrow morning! Got the 5 gallons of 110 race gas ready to go! Wish me luck

Good luck man. Tomorrow is supposed to be latest (in the year) 90 degree day in the history of the Louisville area, so that's a little bad luck. Hopefully he gets it on there and gets it's done in the morning. I'm going to say 615rwhp on pump and 640rwhp on the 110.

StockAF

Established Member
Thanks R.D.P.! Those guesses look pretty close to what I'm thinking, hope to get over 650 on 110.... with this set up I'm not sure what to expect... I'll keep this updated as it's getting dyno'd tomorrow!

StockAF

Established Member
Couple pulls in, was spinning on the dyno. After getting that sorted out it is tuned up to 6k rpm but started running out of fuel. Lee is doing a wire upgrade to the boost a pump(which is easy with the battery being in back) then we are gunna hit it again. Made 595 @6000rpm at 15* of timing. Has a lot left if the pumps hold. Race gas tune coming right after

StockAF

Established Member
Made just over 600 on 19psi on pump gas @15 degrees of timing at 6200rpm... ran out of fuel pump. Lee thinks this set up has super potential and is the first Shelby style blower set up on a terminator he has worked with. No race gas tune, time for fuel pumps, longtubes and a retune

Last edited:

oxfordcobra3

Established Member
Made just over 600 on 19psi on pump gas @15 degrees of timing at 6200rpm... ran out of fuel pump. Lee thinks this set up has super potential and is the first Shelby style blower set up on a terminator he has worked with. No race gas tune, time for fuel pumps, longtubes and a retune
Curious to see how this works out. I myself just purchased a tvs from a 2014 gt500 to go on my terminator. How was the install?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Made just over 600 on 19psi on pump gas @15 degrees of timing at 6200rpm... ran out of fuel pump. Lee thinks this set up has super potential and is the first Shelby style blower set up on a terminator he has worked with. No race gas tune, time for fuel pumps, longtubes and a retune ����

Sorry to hear you didn't get it dialed, but really this is good news because if your hitting over 600 already you are probably looking at 625 on pump when done. He'll probably want to keep the timing down since your pushing 19lbs on 93, but on the 110 tune he will crank it up, probably 23 degrees or so, which should be over 650 I would guess, maybe more.

StockAF

Established Member
Oxfordcobra3, it was a super easy install with the cobra engineering adapter plate. Lee has never had a stock motor TVS 03/04 make over 690.... so that's the goal now. Will be throwing in Ford GT pumps, longtubes and a smaller pulley. See if I can reach close to 700 on higher octane fuel Thanks guys!!

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Go back in after pumps and see what you made?
I just did the same swap on my built block Mach 1 with a ported m122. Have to wait till spring to get it tuned finally.

hotford

Established Member
car should easily make 625 rwhp on pump with manifolds...as long as your fuel system keeps up.........feed it some E 85 and that Bitch will make 700!

Users who are viewing this thread