Fore Hat and Walbro 465's

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Here is some hope for the twin pump guys with the original fore hat.

Found these on the net.
photo%204.jpg
fore hat 465pumps.jpg

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
Just a heads up I put everything in the tank today and the pump socks are hitting the bottom of the tank. I am going to mill off some material and post my result. I know other have done this without having to modify anything, but he had the old old triple pump housing with no return line in the hat.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
How bad where the pumps hitting the bottom of the tank? Trying to get an idea of how much you are going to have to clearance.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
I test fitted everything last night and it works. Also .375 is pretty much the most you can take out because, If you take out anymore the fuel pump nipples will hit the nipple in the top of the fuel hat.

Nick

badblacklx

Established Member
I test fitted everything last night and it works. Also .375 is pretty much the most you can take out because, If you take out anymore the fuel pump nipples will hit the nipple in the top of the fuel hat.

Nick

I used an old style dual hat. I pulled two o rings out to make pumps not as tight in housing. Them I milled 1/4 out pug the pump holder and cut the nipples and they fit.

nonliberal

Established Member
So it's been a few months, how's it working out? I'm about to pull my tank and maybe try this out. I think one of my GSS342's died.

Another way to do this is to drop the tank and empty it. pull the basket out and put about a 2' piece of 4x4 in the hole that you can use to push down on the bottom of the tank. Now use a heat gun to heat the bottom of the tank where the 4x4 is pushing down. Move the heat around slowly so you don't melt anything. (a friend makes it easier, but i used a 5 gallon bucket with weight in it to push on the 4x4). The tank is composite and after it is heated it will make a nice little sump area just below the pumps. When you have it where you want it use a rag with cold water to quickly cool it. This is how I made the twin 465s work with my older basket.

SVT Zorro

Established Member
Just a heads up I put everything in the tank today and the pump socks are hitting the bottom of the tank. I am going to mill off some material and post my result. I know other have done this without having to modify anything, but he had the old old triple pump housing with no return line in the hat.

I just installed a twin 465 Walbros and had to trim some of the outlets of the 465 pumps because filters were hitting bottom of tank, I have fore twin fuel pumps, other reason is because running E85 and 465 are E85 compatible. I think the old 255 started to fail due to expose to E85 usage for long period of time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread