Forged Rods and pistons

stang910

Established Member
I did the boss rods and pistons. It's a nice setup cause they come assembled and even the rings come on the piston ready to drop in. If you get the crank there's no need to get the assembly balanced. This is a great budget build, the parts are cheap compared to aftermarket and no machine work is nessacery.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
!

I did the boss rods and pistons. It's a nice setup cause they come assembled and even the rings come on the piston ready to drop in. If you get the crank there's no need to get the assembly balanced. This is a great budget build, the parts are cheap compared to aftermarket and no machine work is nessacery.

That is a very valid point, you would absolutely not want to toss a set of random pistons and rods in that weren't balanced to the crank. The Boss parts are the only ones that let you do that. My Manley rods and pistons had something like 20,000 pounds of imbalance force at 7000 rpm before the machinist did his magic!

So did you run a ball hone through the cylinders or just wipe them down and drop the pistons and rods in?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Forged Manley's are by far the best on the market, we offer a great piston and rod combo rated up to 1000 rwhp for only $1149, we have brand new shortblocks with the same internals for just $4199, these are also good up to 1000HP and have a 1 year warranty. For the High HP application (1500+) the Manley Billets are suggested, this is also the rod we use on our new 1800+HP coyote race engine.

Another option for those looking is our forged rebuild special, this is $1999 and you send in your block and crank and get back a MMR 1000, fully machined, balanced and blueprinted with a 1 year warranty. This includes all machine work to your block, Digital balancing, Manley Forged H beam Rods with ARP hardware and Manley Forged Pistons. Finally they are assembled with Total Seal Rings and Clevite Bearings. We can send our freight company to pick up your engine also so that you dont have to mess with the shipping companies.

Let us know how we can help!

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

stang910

Established Member
That is a very valid point, you would absolutely not want to toss a set of random pistons and rods in that weren't balanced to the crank. The Boss parts are the only ones that let you do that. My Manley rods and pistons had something like 20,000 pounds of imbalance force at 7000 rpm before the machinist did his magic!

So did you run a ball hone through the cylinders or just wipe them down and drop the pistons and rods in?

I got a new block so I didn't have to worry about cleaning up the old one.

wnt2gofst

Banned
The Forged Manley's are by far the best on the market, we offer a great piston and rod combo rated up to 1000 rwhp for only $1149, we have brand new shortblocks with the same internals for just $4199, these are also good up to 1000HP and have a 1 year warranty. For the High HP application (1500+) the Manley Billets are suggested, this is also the rod we use on our new 1800+HP coyote race engine.

Another option for those looking is our forged rebuild special, this is $1999 and you send in your block and crank and get back a MMR 1000, fully machined, balanced and blueprinted with a 1 year warranty. This includes all machine work to your block, Digital balancing, Manley Forged H beam Rods with ARP hardware and Manley Forged Pistons. Finally they are assembled with Total Seal Rings and Clevite Bearings. We can send our freight company to pick up your engine also so that you dont have to mess with the shipping companies.

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

Some sound options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Bad Intention

Established Member
Not balling enough to drop motors in and get a blower and what not? Just tryna upgrade the rods and pistons and get my blower. Not going crazy high with the numbers. Probably will stay in the 600-650 range. It's my daily driver

Im not a baller either i had my stock motor sold before it came out of my car and that payed for 2/3 of my new engine.

My car was lil above 650 for over a yr with at least 30 1/4 mile passes and who know how many street races. If i wouldnt wanted any more than that i would have just kept running as it was.

wnt2gofst

Banned

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

Any track times with the 1800hp 5.0?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

PM sent.

D.T.R

Established Member
Bump.
I'm in the market for a simple rod & piston combo (of course, with the addition of bearings, upgraded wrist pin, and ARP2000 rod bolts. Also oil pump gears)

The car will always be a street car... and it will never go over 1000whp... it'll be in the 700whp+ range but never go over 1000whp. Would I get away with eagle or manley H bean rods? if so, which one is better? As for the pistons, would Diamond or Manley be fine for that power? thanks.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are happy to help, the Manley H Beams and the Manley forged pistons will be well suited for what you are trying to do. We use the Manley product in our coyote engine which produces over 2000HP. The MMR billet gears are also a must for your application as you have mentioned. Give us a call and we can go over some options and give you a great deal!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

Watch the MMR coyote in action:

Worlds Fastest Modular Mustang 5.0 Coyote TiVCT 2011 2012 2013 DOHC Turbo by MMR - YouTube

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
We are happy to help, the Manley H Beams and the Manley forged pistons will be well suited for what you are trying to do. We use the Manley product in our coyote engine which produces over 2000HP. The MMR billet gears are also a must for your application as you have mentioned. Give us a call and we can go over some options and give you a great deal!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

Watch the MMR coyote in action:

Worlds Fastest Modular Mustang 5.0 Coyote TiVCT 2011 2012 2013 DOHC Turbo by MMR - YouTube

Are the Manley H beam rods chinese, or are they 100% made/crafted in the USA?

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Manley Pistons and Billet Rods are 100% USA Made/Machined, the H beams are 100% US quality controlled and machined (but forged in china to US 4340 spec) We have been selling them for 10+ years, never a single failure. The Manley Billet rods are what we use in our 2000+ HP coyote, the H beams are good on everything else up to 1000RWHP.

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I run the manley rods in my car and all the builds we do unless you want big power then we use the Oliver Billet Rods.

For what your doing, a manley rod and piston is more then enough.

Users who are viewing this thread