Found an abandoned missile silo..

MAXX RS4

Established Member
XCELR8 said:
I was looking at those pictures a little closer and I noticed the barbed wire in the one picture. That barbed wire looks pretty new and that radioactive sign looks in good condition too. Was the place secured with closed gates and all or was it wide open. The radioactive warning would have worried me.

The gates were chained up and had steel rods welded across. :lol1:
Look at it this way - if I keep going, I'll keep getting cool pics of the place and then in the future I'll come back with cool pics of all my tumors and superpowers.

I want to get my car inside there somehow. It would be a perfect place for a backdrop. In the center of all those rocket shelters, there's a huge paved area with grass coming through the cracks. It's got a hardcore nastalgic look to it and has a bunch of nice colors from the rust and machinery.. Would look similar to MinGrey's backdrops that he has - only cooler I think.. I'll also bring my cam equipment. (I didn't take the pictures that I posted.. My friend did for me and he didnt know how to use the cam either..) I know how to take some decent shots..

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
MAXX RS4 said:
The gates were chained up and had steel rods welded across. :lol1:
Look at it this way - if I keep going, I'll keep getting cool pics of the place and then in the future I'll come back with cool pics of all my tumors and superpowers.

I want to get my car inside there somehow. It would be a perfect place for a backdrop. In the center of all those rocket shelters, there's a huge paved area with grass coming through the cracks. It's got a hardcore nastalgic look to it and has a bunch of nice colors from the rust and machinery.. Would look similar to MinGrey's backdrops that he has - only cooler I think.. I'll also bring my cam equipment. (I didn't take the pictures that I posted.. My friend did for me and he didnt know how to use the cam either..) I know how to take some decent shots..

Well it's definitely badass! One of the coolest threads on SVTP in a while, that's for sure, but just be careful. I'd go to Radio Shack and get you a Gieger counter and just see what's going on with rads in the area. Also, remember, if it's fenced up and secured, it's trespassing on an Air Force (most likely) installation and the penalties can be steap, however, if there are no resources within the installation, I can tell you that it's probably out of sight, out of mind for the Air Force and you woundn't have to worry about getting caught. The only reason it's secured is for A) a possible radioactive threat or B) it's a liability if anything happens on their property, hence the security. I don't want to scare you away from there, 'cause I'd love to see more pics, but I figured I'd give you a fair warning. :beer:

mjg11

MJG 11
Established Member
MAXX RS4 I live in Jackson where did you find that site at .

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
SteveChris said:
i know that site, they built it but then abondoned it after realizing that there's no good reason to defend jersey :shrug:

Now that's funny... :lol:

Asd60303

Lead. Never Follow
Established Member
that is pretty cool. That would be neat to walk around in one of them silo's. You need more pics for sure.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
mjg11 said:
MAXX RS4 I live in Jackson where did you find that site at .
Where are you in jackson?

If you're going from the casville tavern towards new egypt, make a left onto hawkins road and take it to the end.. Then figure out which paths to take to get to it.. I honestly don't know which way we went from there, we just got lucky and took all the right steps.. It's far back, too..

BrokeUoff

Banned
SteveChris said:
i know that site, they built it but then abondoned it after realizing that there's no good reason to defend jersey :shrug:

lol

Yeah believe it or not, you can actually buy old missle silo's out in the midwest from the gvm't.....some people convert them into bomb-proof houses lol.

RareYellowAsp

Established Member
Yeah,..I'd be a little leery of at place too. I'm sure it's cool to go rummaging aroung there, but like someone said, those "RADIATION" signs look too new, so I'd watch myself. Don't want to wake up in the morning and find your hair still laying on the pillow. LOL

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I have stumbled upon some nike sites in alaska, before..I mean heard of them haha

Blackhalo

Established Member
RareYellowAsp said:
Yeah,..I'd be a little leery of at place too. I'm sure it's cool to go rummaging aroung there, but like someone said, those "RADIATION" signs look too new, so I'd watch myself. Don't want to wake up in the morning and find your hair still laying on the pillow. LOL

I would guess they are there more to keep people away... just my guess.. but be careful either way.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Blackhalo said:
I would guess they are there more to keep people away... just my guess.. but be careful either way.

+1

if there was actual radioactive materials there, they'd definately be guarded closer, or completely buried and absolutely inaccessible. come on people, this is not the '70's--i guarantee if there was anything remotely dangerous/top secret about that site, you wouldn't be able to get anywhere near it.

and don't quote me on this, but i don't think you could get in a whole bunch of trouble for just checking the area out--probably just a tresspassing citation, maybe a bit more, but you're not going to go to prison, or anything like that. you didn't infiltrate the department of defense or anything, you just hopped a fence, and went nosing around. none the less, be careful

Users who are viewing this thread