Front license plate mount

Carl

Established Member
Any suggestions for a no drill mount for the 2013?

Last edited:

vanhagar

Established Member
Not sure how much I will get hassled in Ontario for no front plate....depends on the cop I guess.
Was thinking I can stick it to the passenger sun-visor (like in the Nurburgring video) until the mounts start coming out. If I get stopped, I'll flip it down and say "Problem Officer??"

blair223

Established Member
I went 7 years without it in NY. Never got hasseled about it. Got ticket for it once in lieu of speeding ticket which I was fine with.

Will NOT be putting one on my GT500

xenodragon

Established Member
I went 7 years without it in NY. Never got hasseled about it. Got ticket for it once in lieu of speeding ticket which I was fine with.

Will NOT be putting one on my GT500

Like Blair said, unless you live in a Nazi state not running the front plate usually doesnt cause a problem. I never ran my in NJ and now live in MN and dont run it here, I pass cops all the time and never have they turned around to get me because of a lack of a front plate.

I think the front plate law is the most useless law ever. How many states dont require it, and the ones that do, I cannot figure out why.

Carl

Established Member
Maine is one of those Nazi states. I have a no drill mount on the '08 but without a grill on the '13 I'm just not sure what will work. I guess when I get it I'll understand better. Maybe I'll make one.

speednutz

Established Member
Any suggestions for a no drill mount for the 2013?

I'm gonna use a couple " L " brackets.
I like to drink and drive so I don't need a reason to be pulled over.

Ya I have the most fun when I'm about .20 to .25 after that driving gets difficult.

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
I sent a message to Craig a few weeks ago, he needs a 2013 to do a little R&D and develop a bracket. Till then, I will have to figure something out, I might just get pulled over and pay the ticket, sigh! For now, I am thinking of buying a motorized sho-n-go to try it, we shall see.

Penemyone

Established Member
I'm in a 2 tag state, but I window mount the front. :rollseyes

10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)
99 Stang GT 35th Anniv. Pack (Millennium Falcon)

RRDave

Established Member
I've been stopped several times for not displaying a front plate. One ticket (dismissed), 2 warnings. I don't like the look, nor do I like having holes drilled in my front bumper. I've gone with non-drilled removeable brackets on 2 cars and like that approach.
It looks like Craig's Custom mounts are clamped on. Do these loosen up from vibration enough to eventually fall off if they aren't periodically retightened?

TORQJNKY

I'll be making one for the 2013 GT500 in the very near future. I guess my local dealerships were at the bottom of the barrrel for getting their first car. I'll post up a new for sale thread and offer SVTP discounts on these as soon as they are done. Thanks for the interest guys.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Velcro was the best option that we came up with.

Ya, I think I gave that one to you?

As for me, I've never run a front plate never will. If I get a ticket for it I just pay it and move on. Its only happened once though.

Last edited:

Florian

Established Member
I'll be making one for the 2013 GT500 in the very near future. I guess my local dealerships were at the bottom of the barrrel for getting their first car. I'll post up a new for sale thread and offer SVTP discounts on these as soon as they are done. Thanks for the interest guys.

Put me on the list, Craig. :dancenana:

F

TORQJNKY

Looks like our local dealership is only getting 3 of these in the near future and all are already sold. So...not sure what if any opportunity I will have to work with one will be.

If anyone wants to help out with measurements, pictures and a little R&D, that would be helpful to get the ball rolling. If I can get something that works off your help, you get the first bracket for FREE.

Let me know at [email protected] if you can help.

CMIYC

Established Member
Last edited:

Carl

Established Member
My solution. Bolts up using existing bolts under the splitter. This weekend I'll see what I need to do to get it to work when I attach the rest of the splitter.

IMG-20120617-00342.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread