FS - 2003 Silver Cobra - Original Owner - 199,685 Miles

vipergts281

Established Member
Pictures got messed up here, and I keep getting an error when trying to fix it. Visit my website for plenty of pics of the car.

http://2003mustangcobra.com/

Asking $12,000.

2003 Cobra
455 rwhp - 470 rwtq
Silver (YN paint code)
200,060 miles as of 4/16/17
Original owner - bought it brand new 8/28/03
Car is located in West Chester, PA. About 35 minutes west of Philadelphia.

If you're looking for a perfect Cobra, this is not it...the mileage should have been the giveaway. This has been my daily driver up until a couple of months ago. Now it sits in my garage most of the time. I won't be driving it much anymore, so the mileage won't go up too much.

MODS
2.8 pulley
Custom tune
Magnaflow catback
Steed CAI
Steed Tri Ax shifter
Saleen replica chrome rims 18x9
Black bumper inserts
Sequential turn signals

NOTES

Interior- Obviously at this mileage there is some normal wear. The driver side floor mat is worn where my feet rest. The driver seat shows wear, but nothing too crazy...especially with this mileage. No holes/tears or anything. The steering wheel is well worn. Besides that, the rest of the interior is in pretty good shape. I've always kept the interior clean.

Engine - Besides spark plugs blowing, no problems. 3 of the plugs on the passenger side have Time-Serts so the issue should be resolved. NEVER had any spark plug issues on the driver side or the one on the passenger side. All new spark plugs and COPs were installed at 194,793 miles, so they are pretty new.

Transmission - Working fine, no problems.

Clutch - Centerforce dual friction is installed. Much lighter/better feel than stock. This clutch was installed about 6 years ago, forget the mileage at the time...but I want to say around 130,000.

Alternator - New one was installed at 193,004 so it only has about 6,700 miles on it.

Brakes - I'll be installing new pads and rotors all around very soon. Already have the parts, just need to get around to installing them.

Rims - Saleen replicas, chrome, 18x9 all around. All 4 are fairly new so they are in great shape.

3 Pillar Gauges - Boost, fuel pressure, water temp. Only the boost is hooked up. The wires for the other 2 are curled up below the dash. They light up when my lights are on, but they aren't hooked up so the gauge works.

Gears - Brand new Ford Racing gears (3.55) installed on 12/13/16. Also installed at the same time were Maximum Motorsports Rear IRS Urethane Differential Mounts.

Alignment - 4 wheel alignment completed on 12/13/16.

Starter - New starter installed on 12/13/16.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Paint - There is rust coming through on the driver side rear wheel well. It was coming through a little bit about a year ago and I had it repainted but it came back and it's worse now.

Front Bumper - A new one was installed last April after some knucklehead hit my front bumper. Nothing major (I was doing about 20 mph and he turned into me from a stop), but I needed a new front bumper.

Hood - In pretty good shape. There are a few little knicks, but nothing that bad...was repsprayed when the new bumper was put on.

ABS Light - I think it's a loose sensor because sometimes the light is on and sometimes it isn't.

AC - The AC doesn't blow ice cold air. It's cool air, but again, not ice cold. I assume it just needs some refrigerant.

Intercooler Leak - There is a leak in the intercooler system. I tested it using air, had a very slow leak. I may fix this problem before the sale; see next item...

Heat Exchanger - When I had the new bumper put on, the body shop bent my heat exchanger. I have another one, I just need to install it. It will be installed before the sale. This may have a crack in it from being bent and thus the cause of the leak in the intercooler cooling system. But I can't say for sure yet if this is the cause of the intercooler leak or not.

MISC. NOTES

• Car has LED headlights. I also have a spare (brand new) set of headlights the buyer can have if they want...smoked clear corners off ebay.
  • Also has tinted tail lights. Buyer can have the stock ones as well if they'd like.
  • Tiny chip in windshield, passenger side. It's been there for years, has never grown in size. Doubt you'd notice it unless I pointed it out to you.
  • Buyer can also have the Predator handheld tuner I have.

Not interested in any trades, at all. So please don't ask.

========================================
If You're Interested

Please PM me. I will get back to you.

Please keep in mind I am not on here all day everyday. But I will do my best to check this site when I can, especially during this time/sale. However, the earliest I will be on here during the week is 7 pm (EST). So if you do not hear from me right away, this is why. I promise I'll get back to you though.

If you prefer, you can email me. I check my email 2-3 times a day. Please put "2003 Cobra" in subject line.

vipergts281 [at] yahoo [dot] com

I don't need to sell this car right away. Though I would love to have it gone, I'm not desperate. I own another car and I don't need the money. So please, no low ball offers thinking I'll just go for it to get rid of it. If I need to wait until Spring for better weather, so be it.

Thank you for your time.

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4970.jpg

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

Cobra-Front.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4988.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

Last edited:

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
The Cobra looks really clean! It doesn't look much like it has 200k miles. Its a very fair price, all considered, IMHO.

vipergts281

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread