Giving away my msrp alocation

liter of cola

Established Member
Anyone want my msrp allocation??

I have an alocation for a magnetic 2017 with blue stripes, electronics pack (recaro seats) and the car cover.

The price is msrp $60,345 + $199 administrative fee. This price will be honored for anyone who would like to take my place. This was through nick from chuck anderson ford, great guy he's giving me a chance to get my deposit back.

PM me for the quickest response.

IMG_2476.PNG

IMG_2435.JPG

Last edited:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Wow so you going with a GS instead now? I love the Shelby name to ever make the switch to a vette or hell kitty...you may regret my friend :nonono:

krt22

Established Member
You might want to clarify if it is the electronics pack (recaros) or convenience pack (sofas)

liter of cola

Established Member
Wow so you going with a GS instead now? I love the Shelby name to ever make the switch to a vette or hell kitty...you may regret my friend :nonono:

Have you ever checked out a c7 z06 or grand sport? If you dont wanna own one, dont get near one. Unless you cant fit in one i dont see how anyone can not like a c7 with that z06 widebody (grand sport has the same widebody)

Thing is a ****ing batmobile!!

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Have you ever checked out a c7 z06 or grand sport? If you dont wanna own one, dont get near one. Unless you cant fit in one i dont see how anyone can not like a c7 with that z06 widebody (grand sport has the same widebody)

Thing is a ****ing batmobile!!

I want one real bad. Maybe in a couple years I'll come around and pull the trigger on a nice used Z06. I just love the look, but I wonder if I would still feel that way if/when the next gen of the vehicle is revealed. Wish I could push myself to live in the now

liter of cola

Established Member

I want one real bad. Maybe in a couple years I'll come around and pull the trigger on a nice used Z06. I just love the look, but I wonder if I would still feel that way if/when the next gen of the vehicle is revealed. Wish I could push myself to live in the now

Buy a grand sport and build the motor! The z06 was rushed they dont handle as good as the grand sport. The motor trend reviews say that the z06 is snappy in the corners and it doesnt have to do with the extra power. Every time they had a z06 on they mention its handling charecteristic as "trying to kill you". In there head to head video of the grand sport vs the 911 carrera s they say that the grand sport handles way better than the z06.

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Buy a grand sport and build the motor! The z06 was rushed they dont handle as good as the grand sport. The motor trend reviews say that the z06 is snappy in the corners and it doesnt have to do with the extra power. Every time they had a z06 on they mention its handling charecteristic as "trying to kill you". In there head to head video of the grand sport vs the 911 carrera s they say that the grand sport handles way better than the z06.
I haven't read anywhere where they've said the Grand Sport physically handled better than the Z06. I've driven both (the Z06 on a track, GS on a spirited test drive). The GS felt the same pretty much, just less crazy. The Z06 is just a beast to handle with all that power on a track.

Most reviews that I have read have mentioned how better balanced the GS felt vs the craziness of 650hp/tq. Not sure if that equates to it actually handling better.

liter of cola

Established Member
I was thinking the same, that it was just the power that made the z06 "hard to handle". but in that motor trend episode, dude said that even off throttle the z06 was snappy. idk if they just talkin shit, but the way randy and literally all of them reacted every time they drove the z makes me feel like there's something more to it than just a lot of horsepower.

they weren't the only people to respond to the z that way. and now everyone is raving about the gs, jalopnic even made an article saying you shouldn't buy any other c7.

I could of bought the z as some new ones are still around for as little as 70k, 3k more than my gs. But I didnt want to own a car that tries to kill you. i can still build my lt1 up to smoke z's all motor :)

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I was thinking the same, that it was just the power that made the z06 "hard to handle". but in that motor trend episode, dude said that even off throttle the z06 was snappy. idk if they just talkin shit, but the way randy and literally all of them reacted every time they drove the z makes me feel like there's something more to it than just a lot of horsepower.

they weren't the only people to respond to the z that way. and now everyone is raving about the gs, jalopnic even made an article saying you shouldn't buy any other c7.

I could of bought the z as some new ones are still around for as little as 70k, 3k more than my gs. But I didnt want to own a car that tries to kill you. i can still build my lt1 up to smoke z's all motor :)
It's a super awesome car no doubt. I wish I could push myself to pull the trigger. I was preferring the GS myself over the Z06 due to better insurance, mpg, and just plain not needing the excess power of the Z06. The car really is rediculous. I just wish the GS's had been released years earlier so that I could pick a used one up.

liter of cola

Established Member
It's a super awesome car no doubt. I wish I could push myself to pull the trigger. I was preferring the GS myself over the Z06 due to better insurance, mpg, and just plain not needing the excess power of the Z06. The car really is rediculous. I just wish the GS's had been released years earlier so that I could pick a used one up.

i just prefer the experience of getting a car new. im gonna motoman this baby :rockon:

nothing beats leaving no time for someone to molestify your new ride.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
The vette would actually be much more appealing if it had a hgih revving DOHC V8

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
+1

I'm not a fan at all of how a cammed LT1 or LSX sounds. A Voodoo or similar type engine would have won me over for sure.
You gotta pick one. : D

I wouldn't, motor sits low and towards the firewall. Overhead cams would mean they'd have to rethink the whole design.

They should have just done an LT7! A redone 427 would have been perfect.

As far as the 5.2l's motor charactistics, I prefer them as well, but that's a subjective statement. Having owned an lsx car in the past, the 5.2l is way more satisfying in terms of sound, refinement, the speed of revs and the power curve that never seems to peak even after reaching the limiter.

It's a unique experience.

But in all fairness, the lt and ls engines are not broken. Huge power potential on pump gas, more torque, (which our porkly mustangs could use more of) it's light, cheap to repair, cheap to mod and more efficient. It would be very illogical and unnecessary for GM to try and develop a DOHC for the current Corvette.

Ford picked their route in 1996 and GM committed to theirs in 1997 with the ls1. It took Ford until 2011 to finally start doing something right with the Coyote.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

liter of cola

Established Member
Well im prolly gonna take my GS in to katech for the stage 2 treatment when i save up the money. they claim 600 crank hp all motor for $8,650, price includes parts labor and dyno tune. Long tubes are needed for that but not included in the price. Im definatley doing that unless i find a better shop/setup for the price.

http://katechengines.com/performance/vehicles/c7-corvette/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread