GT500 Exhaust Sound Board

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Which ones have the least drone at highway speeds? I think I like the SVT1. Not to loud but louder than stock.

I had full Bassani on my Terminator and it sounded wicked but if you were to drive it anywhere for more than 45 minutes, I wanted to pull my hair out .

SVT-1 might as well be REALLY close to stock until you get on it. Actually...I'd say they're quieter than stock when just driving around. You really have to get in it hard before they start making any noise. Sound great outside, but deathly quiet inside just driving around. Virtually no noise at all until you start lugging it down in 6th gear under 1800RPM.

I'd also consider the Corsa if I were you, but I can't stand the way they sound outside.

I'm running a Magnaflow Catted X w/Bassani on my 04 (w/ baffles out of tips) and love it overall. It's "borderline" too loud, but not to the point I can't take a 4hr trip in it. Really doesn't drone at all with the X on it (compared to the bassani X it's quieter).

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
As soon as I get it uploaded I've got a nice clip of the OEM Bullitt mufflers.

Basically stock inside with only *slightly* more burble (very slightl) with a good notch more volume outside. Basically I think the car should have come with these. Also gets you the prettier double walled resonator tip.

Still pretty quiet outside, just a nice mellow note that says "I'm here", but nothing more.

Tried the SGT's as well on my Pop's car; nice and deep, but they do drone pretty solidly right at 2k. Not horrible, but not good either. Sound is ok, probably one of the deeper catbacks out there. No clips for now, already took them off...

Haha...I'm done playing through, BoomTubes are going on later.

Sky_Pilot

Established Member
Bullitt and GTAs

I like it that someone is trying the Bullitt (GTB) mufflers. I have a friend that is a Ford engineer and he said they used them on their mule and he really liked them. Can you please do a video clip that is in the same format as the others so it works better for a comparison. (Close up and from the rear at idle and winding it up a bit?) Also do the Bullitts have a drone inside the car?

Also is there any GTA muffler footage installed on a GT500 around? Thanks

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'm about to have a pair of GTA's to try.

The Bullitts/GTB's should have been stock.

Bullitts have ZERO drone in car. Literally sounds stock inside, just a *touch* more burble in a couple of places, but thats it. Outside, they keep climbing in volume instead of going quiet like the stockers.

Sorry, no more clips for now as I've taken them back off.

Will have clips of GTA's in the next couple of weeks though.

Sky: Shot you a PM on the other site as well.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I think I might have a startup clip of the GTB's but I need to edit the clip. I'll try and get it posted.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Is there a video that compares the GT500 Stock, GT500 w/ KR Axle Backs, GT500 w/ KR Axle Backs & H-Pipe, and GT500 KR Stock?

Wishfull thinking I'm sure, but it would be great to hear the last two to compare at least...

Moreboost88

Established Member
Anyone know the difference in sound from Corsa-Extreme vs Ultimate touring?? I wonder how the Extreme sounds:shrug:

The Extreme is gonna be alot louder than the Ultimate touring, also the Ultimate touring has zero drone, while the Extreme has some drone. If you have headers on you car go with the Ultimate touring, its loud but not too loud. I have Kooks headers, and Ultimate touring on my car and I love it. I had the Extreme before with the Kooks headers and that was wayyy to loud. A local tuner convinced me to try the Corsas, and I like them alot. I have had Borlas, and Magnaflows, on my Gt 500, but I have to admit I like Corsas the best

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Is there a video that compares the GT500 Stock, GT500 w/ KR Axle Backs, GT500 w/ KR Axle Backs & H-Pipe, and GT500 KR Stock?

Wishfull thinking I'm sure, but it would be great to hear the last two to compare at least...

H-Pipe with KR mufflers sound clip & install - Stang Mafia - BVM Performance - Ford Mustang Enthusiast Forums here is something to get you started

Moreboost88 Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Troublemaker
Anyone know the difference in sound from Corsa-Extreme vs Ultimate touring?? I wonder how the Extreme sounds

The Extreme is gonna be alot louder than the Ultimate touring, also the Ultimate touring has zero drone, while the Extreme has some drone. If you have headers on you car go with the Ultimate touring, its loud but not too loud. I have Kooks headers, and Ultimate touring on my car and I love it. I had the Extreme before with the Kooks headers and that was wayyy to loud. A local tuner convinced me to try the Corsas, and I like them alot. I have had Borlas, and Magnaflows, on my Gt 500, but I have to admit I like Corsas the best

Yes, headers need to go with Ult Tour. The Extremes are designed to be louder/deeper while farting around town. The Sports are a touch quieter then Ext's, however, both Sport/Ext sound the same under WOT

DisturbedGT500

Established Member

Agreed:beer:

smrtasp

Established Member
My apologies if this has been asked before but searching came up with nothing. I currently have the 3" JBA catback and can’t deal with the drone anymore. Sounds great outside but the drone inside is too much now. I'd like to just drop in new mufflers without buying a whole kit but I don’t see a lot of options in the 3" size. Magnaflows are even louder than my current setup so those are out and I haven’t heard a lot about the bassani's. Corsa would the most ideal right now but with only a 2.5" axle back option, I'd have to have the 3" stuff ripped out and replaced with 2.5" to mate the axle backs to and I’m trying to avoid that much work. So my question is what other 3" options are there out there that I am missing?

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Full JBA Long Tubes / 3" cattless

Here is my contribution....Hisss with a full cattless JBA set up, LT headers are ceramic coated.

Drive by
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_i2CJcjSRE"]YouTube- Shelby GT 500 with JBA full exhaust 1st gear drive by[/ame]

Drive by
YouTube - fsnco556's Channel

Rear exhaust note
YouTube - fsnco556's Channel

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Corsa Ultimate sounded good:thumbsup:

Got a set of Ultimate Tourings sitting in a box in my room. Sellin em brand NEW
Edit: also sellin the IDMAX10 subs in the back, lol
IMG_0312-1.jpg

Last edited:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
a personal favorite

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_uJCNvF7s"]YouTube- Bassani Catback Sound Clip Shelby Cobra GT500[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread