GT500 Exhaust Sound Board

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Didnt read any of this thread but being on my third set of mufflers I like to think I have a bit of knowledge on this subject !

First set was the 49 state legal FRPP GT mufflers for the Mustang. Very loud and sounded really good until on the interstate. Too loud for hwy driving and the drone was terrible.

2nd set was the Shelby specfic mufflers ... basically a toned down version of the above ... less drone but still a drone and not nearly as loud.

....... and they say the third time is a charm ... got the KR mufflers and absolutly love them. Great sound at start up ... going through the gears ... no drone and very nice at interstate speed.

Also bought the H pipe but havent put it on yet

1fast10shelby

Established Member
I am going to either try the Borla Stingers or the Basani race Catback with my Lethal X-pipe, hope to get a little more rumble, stock catback sounds good with the X-pipe just a little high pitched for my taste, alot like a pissed off hornets nest.

Hey bullitt - I'm going to go with the X-pipe and was wondering if you needed/used a custom tune. Is there any extra drone with the X-pipe and stock muffs?

Rob

Six_Offender

Established Member
Those sound clips are a complete Bassani sy stem:

Recently helped install a 3" Bassani system on a car with the stock manifolds. It sounded really good. He used p/n 5407R3M which mates to the stock manifolds and p/n 5407R5 cat back (same as above).

Any soundclips from the above mentioned setup? Start up, drive by, wide open? Thanks

XtremeS10

Established Member
Stock manifolds, Lethal o/r x Bassani 2.5" axle backs
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC18s5YaZ2k"]YouTube- GT500 with offroad X pipe and bassani axle backs[/ame]

crazy4life

Established Member
Here are some vids with ARH longtubes, catted xpipe and the roush extreme cat back exhaust.
[ame=http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k473/420fitter/Exhaust/?action=view&current=2ndgearburnout.flv]Exhaust :: 2ndgearburnout.flv video by 420fitter - Photobucket[/ame]

SWAnthony

Established Member
Here is a couple of our system - enjoy :banana:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF_AbI9980w"]YouTube- Mustang GT500 Stainless Works Headers and Exhaust[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naCvMJ8iEls"]YouTube- Mustang GT500 w Stainless Works Headers and Exhaust Round 2[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS-sDYT51jQ"]YouTube- Ford Mustang GT500 on Dyno w Stainless Works Headers and Exhaust[/ame]

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I got a set of Bassani race axleback...so, if they sound like those earlier vids that wold be awesome...I'll be stock with the rest for awhile. I hope the race ones give me a little rumble...as stock sucks! I'll do x pipe and headers in time...due to cost!

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Starting a new mod Saturday. Making a off road H and installing 3.73 gears as well as a few other things.

Right now it has a cat back Magnaflow system. will do a before and after.

I have to say the magnaflow is quiet now. I cant wait to hear it when the cats come off.

Arky51

Established Member
I am going to either try the Borla Stingers or the Basani race Catback with my Lethal X-pipe, hope to get a little more rumble, stock catback sounds good with the X-pipe just a little high pitched for my taste, alot like a pissed off hornets nest.
Please post up sound clips of whatever you end up with. I'm running the lethal offroad x and stock cat backs and am looking for something with a much deeper sound. My 5Gt's with the offroad were way too loud.

jtn83

Established Member
Starting a new mod Saturday. Making a off road H and installing 3.73 gears as well as a few other things.

Right now it has a cat back Magnaflow system. will do a before and after.

I have to say the magnaflow is quiet now. I cant wait to hear it when the cats come off.

How are you making the O/R H? Having a muffler shop do it? I've been wanting to buy an O/R H for some time now. The O/R would offset the minor losses from switching from an X, but it would have that classic H rumble.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I am not going to post to many details right now But it is a modified off the shelf system.

I dont have sound clips up yet but it sounds awsome. Car feels like long tubes.

Nice and deep and not to loud untill you stomp it then it lets you know its there.

Back in the shop sunday to button stuff up from other mods but I will get some drive by clips and standing still stuff done and posted by Monday.

Last edited:

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Just a sneek peak of the H-pipe.
0 003.jpg

0 002.jpg

0 001.jpg

Cars still on the lift so no sound clip yet but I hope to have it by the weekend. It does have the classic H sound and it woke the Magnaflows up alot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread