GT500 oil pan

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
DSC_0965.jpg

JK guys :banana:

I had a question for you guys regarding the oil pan on the GT500. Is there any reason Ford didn't go with a dry sump system? Besides the fact that it would possibly require a 10+ qt oil change, how many of you would actually prefer a dry sump system?

I've noticed Ford pretty much hit the nail on the head with everything on the car and was just wondering why they decided to go with a wet sump.

Your input would be much appreciated because I want to see if anyone else was wondering the same thing :beer:

03reptile

Established Member
I'm sure the main reason is: It's not necessary. And certainly it would add to the expense of the car, as well. The wet sump system they have now should be more than adequate. 10 quarts? Sounds like a Mercedes. I've got a 13 on order. Thank God it comes with free oil changes for the life of the car at my dealership. Nice perk for me!

BossAnaki

Established Member
Cost and packaging. Also, because the car at best only pulls about a 1.0g in cornering there really is no need.

Florian

Established Member
Thank God it comes with free oil changes for the life of the car at my dealership. Nice perk for me!

I wont ever go back to a dealership for an oil change, or any other service that can be done at home. Just too many stories of problems and issues. Why let some wrench who doesnt care about your ride work on it? :??:

F

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
I would imagine it isn't exactly necessary either but considering Ford (correct me if im wrong on this) added extra cooling equipment and suspension options on the track/performance pack wouldn't it make sense to go dry sump for the hardcore track guys?

i suppose it would be overkill, but i figure if something's worth doing it's worth overdoing :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread