Guy stops burglar with a shotgun.

coposrv

Established Member
Good post OP. The home owner keeping a level head and taking control of the situation does far more to support the pro gun argument than if the home owner shot him. If the burglar were posing a threat by all means fire away. But in this case the correct decision was made.

gamebred26

Established Member
+1

The only thing worth killing somebody for is a direct threat to your life or someone else's. Blowing somebody away for stealing a T.V. shows a total disregard for human life. I applaud the guy in the O.P. for what he did, he exercised total control of the situation without using unnecessary violence.

exactly you cant kill a guy once he is outside leaving with a tv in his hands like that. now if he dropped the tv and went for a weapon sure. or you were home and he was breaking in the house etc.

but if he is walking out like that you cant just blow him away..lol. that's murder!! Even if he breaks in and hears you and you leave after him and kill him in your yard you're ****ed.

the guy did the right thing.

Granelli31

Established Member
Could someone who knows the law clear this up. What happens if the guy is even stupider (Thief) and walks towards the man with the gun unarmed, and gets shot? Isn't it the fault of the homeowner because he had other options? Like he could have stayed armed inside his house?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Could someone who knows the law clear this up. What happens if the guy is even stupider (Thief) and walks towards the man with the gun unarmed, and gets shot? Isn't it the fault of the homeowner because he had other options? Like he could have stayed armed inside his house?

In Texas, and only in Texas, you can shoot someone to protect yours or someone else's property. Technically that man with the shotgun could blow that criminal away to halt the theft.

Everyone remember Joe Horn? He didn't break any laws. The complete Joe Horn 9-11 call - YouTube

Personally I agree with the law. If someone was breaking into my car or a neighbors house I'd prefer to have the option to do something about it rather than sit in my house and watch.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I disagree, the safest thing to do would be let the guy go with the TV. This could of emasculated into something bad since he went after him.

Now if he was inside the home....game on.

hmmm, dude with the TV has both hands full.. even if he were to drop the TV and go for a gun, a single squeeze of the trigger on the shotgun would end his life rather quickly, so in that sense I guess you right, it would emasculate into the death of the burglar.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

sounds like we have a liberal here.. no, it's NOT the responsibility of the militia to let the police handle everything (yes that man is a member of the United States Militia)

Users who are viewing this thread