Hellcat Priced at $59k

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I think this price is missing gas guzzler and destination but it is included in the GT500 price it appears? So tack on another 3-4k for a true base price car. That is my assumption.

jbs$

Established Member
Todd03, why do you think there will be a gas guzzler tax? These folks will do exactly the same thing that Ford did with the GT500, make the top gears overdrive gears and solve the issue. Expect 80MPH @ 1400 RPMs on the express way.

xenodragon

Established Member
Todd03, why do you think there will be a gas guzzler tax? These folks will do exactly the same thing that Ford did with the GT500, make the top gears overdrive gears and solve the issue. Expect 80MPH @ 1400 RPMs on the express way.

Ya I agree, I doubt there will be a GG tax

Todd03Blown

Established Member

Yep, good point. Didn't think my post out fully :)

MTBSully

Established Member
I could make 700hp in my coyote for way less than that.

lol.
TrollDadBlackSS.png

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Saw on another site that gas guzzler was in fact present. That was mixed in with a lot of other things that so far have been true.

Have to wait and see though.

On a side note, I know it's an SVT site...but is this really any more shocking than 662 hp for 55k?

I don't see much difference in 707 for 60 and 662 for 55....both are ridiculous...

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Next gen SRT challenger comparing itself to the outgoing model of old trinity based modulars. Makes a lot of sense. The camaro I can see, but its a moot point to say "Our 2015 is faster then the 2014 gt500". Wait till the 2015 mustang billy badass versions come out. Then talk shit.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Next gen SRT challenger comparing itself to the outgoing model of old trinity based modulars. Makes a lot of sense. The camaro I can see, but its a moot point to say "Our 2015 is faster then the 2014 gt500". Wait till the 2015 mustang billy badass versions come out. Then talk shit.

Unless every OEM agrees to bring their new models to market at the same time, this will always happen.

Shhhh

Established Member
That's a great price! I hope this auto isn't much more. I still cant believe people are upset about this car. I wouldn't call it a game changer but I guess I'll have to wait to bump into one on the street before I make that decision.

Either way its a badass car :beer:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
What power level do you think the bottom end is good for then? ~800whp?

Only Dodge can answer that one. What would you consider reliable? Racing the car all the time vs. street cruising with the occasional romp over the course of 200K miles? Depending on who you ask, you'll probably get vastly different answers. I would suspect an OEM would give you a much lower number than a 3rd party tuner.

Based on the bore/stroke dimension differences between the two engines alone, piston speeds at max RPM are >25% less for the Hellcat (~4900 vs. ~3600), which is obviously easier on engine components. Rod side loading will be less on the Hellcat also. Assuming all else is equal (can't possibly know at this point), the Hellcat engine could be more stout than Trinity.

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Saw on another site that gas guzzler was in fact present. That was mixed in with a lot of other things that so far have been true.

Have to wait and see though.

On a side note, I know it's an SVT site...but is this really any more shocking than 662 hp for 55k?

I don't see much difference in 707 for 60 and 662 for 55....both are ridiculous...
I like the car but it's $5k more than the base model 14 GT500. It's nice to see Dodge give us something for that extra money, unlike GM's 2014 ZL1 starting at like $55k. Why is it again I should be butt hurt by this car? It's a more expensive car with more horsepower. I'll go take one for a drive to check out the interior and ride quality but I guarantee I won't be trading in my Shelby...I kinda like mustangs.

Rick88LX

Established Member
"Today Dodge announced that the Hellcat will have a starting MSRP of $59,995. Not pennies, to be sure, but that’s a heck of a lot of 10.80 ETs on slicks for the money. The list price includes the gas guzzler tax ($2,100 gas-guzzler tax; $1,700 if you get the eight-speed automatic), but doesn’t include destination fees, or what we expect will be a hefty dealer mark-up."

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/dodge-annou...ot-what-you-guessed-128243.html#ixzz37ehdHY10
Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I like the car but it's $5k more than the base model 14 GT500. It's nice to see Dodge give us something for that extra money, unlike GM's 2014 ZL1 starting at like $55k. Why is it again I should be butt hurt by this car? It's a more expensive car with more horsepower. I'll go take one for a drive to check out the interior and ride quality but I guarantee I won't be trading in my Shelby...I kinda like mustangs.

You think they'll be giving out test drives? I remember looking at a new Boss and they wouldn't let that thing of the floor lol.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Assuming these are produced in large enough numbers to actually be available for that price, this is going to be a problem for Ford and GM. x2 if they put the engine in a Charger.

That's already a done deal. There will be a Charger Hellcat.

Game changer for sure. The haters are running out things to hate about this car.

If they don't like it, they don't like it. It's not about what you like about the car, it's whether or not they find it desirable.

Going to be a lot of butthurt GM/Ford owners at that price.

Because?

I think this price is missing gas guzzler and destination but it is included in the GT500 price it appears? So tack on another 3-4k for a true base price car. That is my assumption.

The GT500 hasn't been hit with a GG tax since the '11 model year.

You think they'll be giving out test drives? I remember looking at a new Boss and they wouldn't let that thing of the floor lol.

It was the same with the GT500. Unless you were specifically intending on buying it, they wouldn't even unlock the doors. One dealership even had velvet ropes around it! LOL No way in heck anybody's getting test drives in these cars. The keys to these cars are going to be guarded harder than Vipers.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. DBK (who is 99% on the mark with Ford leaks) has basically said Ford isn't going to be announcing anything soon that will out power the Hellcat.

Users who are viewing this thread