Hellcat Priced at $59k

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
What I think is crazy is that we all know that the dealers will be adding on 5 to 15 thousand on these cars and there are Chevy dealers out there now that will sell you a 2015 Zo6 at sticker and guarantee you a car with a $2000 deposit.

A member on this forum said he found a dealer that's going to sell Him a hellcat with no markup.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
You think they'll be giving out test drives? I remember looking at a new Boss and they wouldn't let that thing of the floor lol.
You're probably right. I had a stupid day dream I could drive up in my car, say some stupid shit like "I gotta have the highest hp American car!!" and they might consider letting me. Problem is I don't sport a wardrobe that makes me look like I have a lot of money. Truth is, I'm only weeks away from having my car the way I want it..not including what I may or may not do to the engine. No way I give up my car. They better unlock the doors and let me check out the interior though.

paluka21

Established Member
I still don't see any reason for butthurt, a base 13-14 Shelby was what $54k.. and ran alittle slower. Yes I know NHRA's "official time" is 11.8 for the shelby, but owners have hit mid 11s on street tires, and low 11s on drag radials. The difference between the two isn't as big as so many make it sound. 6 speed vs 6 speed will be a driver's race more than likely. The auto will be the one to watch for.

I think the only guys who are butthurt are the ones who want a new Hellcat or Shelby, but don't have the financial means to do so. Otherwise why would they claim that Shelby owners are bothered by the supposed success of the Hellcat, when most GT500 owners also state the Hellcat is a cool car. Not only that, but most 13/14 Shelbys would hold a high value on trade in if the owner decides they would rather have a Hellat. My suspicion is that most Shelby owners including myself are content with what they have, despite our cars being a little slower stock vs stock. Who cares, the Shelby IMO still looks better, and there's always going to be someone faster.

R1Lello

Established Member
What I think is crazy is that we all know that the dealers will be adding on 5 to 15 thousand on these cars and there are Chevy dealers out there now that will sell you a 2015 Zo6 at sticker and guarantee you a car with a $2000 deposit.

Haha, good luck getting that Z06 at sticker or getting a 2015 at all........biggest bs I heard in a long time:pop:

MYGT500

Established Member
Buy a GT500 they said...

Nothing better for the price they said...

Much envy. Much winning.

More excuses. More crying.

I own a GT500 and a SRT8...09...also had a 08 str8 challenger..Although the GT500 was always faster, more so with the kenne-bell..the challenger is a more pleasing car to drive..I plan to trade 09 SRT-8 in on a hellcat,then I will have two 10 sec cars!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Just checking back in again. I want to make sure all the GT500 owners are still doing ok? I'ma check back in a little bit again just to keep an eye on you.

1547898_o_medium_zps3860d5ea.gif

R1Lello

Established Member
I think the only guys who are butthurt are the ones who want a new Hellcat or Shelby, but don't have the financial means to do so. Otherwise why would they claim that Shelby owners are bothered by the supposed success of the Hellcat, when most GT500 owners also state the Hellcat is a cool car. Not only that, but most 13/14 Shelbys would hold a high value on trade in if the owner decides they would rather have a Hellat. My suspicion is that most Shelby owners including myself are content with what they have, despite our cars being a little slower stock vs stock. Who cares, the Shelby IMO still looks better, and there's always going to be someone faster.

based on what?? it's a mass produced car and won't hold crap

paluka21

Established Member
based on what?? it's a mass produced car and won't hold crap

I don't need corrected, what I stated is a fact. Yes value is subjective, but the 13-14 cars are not losing much value in the market, yet. Use google or any car selling site, and you'll clearly see these cars are holding their values well. How about those dime-a-dozen mass produced vettes you see at every street corner holding value? pfftt..
Next!

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

I thought I was the only one noticing that! All this "GT500 owners are butthurt" has me stumped, too. I haven't seen any butthurt posts from GT500 owners. Most of the negative comments are coming from people who don't even own a GT500. I'm pretty sure most of us GT500 owners on this forum are already well beyond 700 crank HP, and it's SO EASY to add more on the relatively cheap. All the people around here crying "butthurt" are just trying to stir up shit. And like you said, a good many of us think the Hellcat is cool while others are like "meh, whatever." I guess if we post anything that's not gushing praise on the Hellcat, that translates to being butthurt. If I'm not mistaken, I was one of, if not the first to post up sound clips of the thing!

Maybe it could just be other car owners are trying to get us to feel intimidated by the Hellcat? :shrug: I think I speak for quite a lot of us when I say the intimidation factor is non-existent.

jbs$

Established Member
I saw on one of the promo sites that the Hellcat's hood is aluminum. I wonder what else has been done to bring the weight down?

Users who are viewing this thread