Hellion releases Twin Turbo System for the 5.0L Coyote

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Hellion has officially released their twin turbo kit for the 5.0L 4V 2011-2012 Ford Mustang GT and BOSS 302

It's readily available with kits starting at $6999.

Available at BLOW BY RACING

nmraday2003.gif

The top mount kit is adjustable from 5 psi to over 25 psi. A 5 psi setting will make
over 600 rwhp on a bone stock car. The kit has the ability to make 1200rwhp if a
built engine is chosen along with an upgraded fuel system.

System Highlights:

• Twin Precision billet 62mm turbos. (V-band inlet for easy installation)
• Twin Turbosmart 40 mm wastegates (V-band inlet for easy installation)
• Twin Turbosmart VEE port bypass valves
• Stainless 4 into 1 tubular headers, all American made stainless piping
• Large vertical flow dual inlet intercooler
• Dual 3" downpipes (can connect to factory exhaust if desired)

Initial system dyno results:

This system is so efficient that it makes....
- 618 RWHP on only 5.8 psi! -

Dyno Numbers (I'll try and get SAE numbers from Urist this week)

2012_dyno_5psi.jpg

Last edited:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
The kit looks damn good!

Couple questions if you could answer then please:

Does this kit come with a tune for that price?

How many Psi will this be running out of the box?

What is the expected Horsepower with this kit installed and tuned per out of box psi?

And what type of 1/4 times did that thing run at the track?

I ask these because i want to see if it is comparable to the bolt on supercharger kits or even better if just keeping them in the out of box conditions..

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
The kit looks damn good!

Couple questions if you could answer then please:

Does this kit come with a tune for that price?

How many Psi will this be running out of the box?

What is the expected Horsepower with this kit installed and tuned per out of box psi?

And what type of 1/4 times did that thing run at the track?

I ask these because i want to see if it is comparable to the bolt on supercharger kits or even better if just keeping them in the out of box conditions..

That will include a base tune file. However, dyno tuning is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.

Out of the box will be around 5-6 PSI. As you can see, it makes incredible numbers even below it's efficency level.

John was racing his SSO car this weekend, so the TT Coyote was on display only. John said that track times will be done soon.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Saw it sitting and not running I bet.

Will this kit actually work? Not like the single turbo system, right?

Car drove just fine. Has an awesome idle and great drivability. John Urist was just busy racing his SSO car. ([which he did win this past weekend] he's working on his 8th SSO championship this season.)

Also, I'd like to add, the single kit works just fine. I've had one on my car for 6 months now. Chris has had one on his car since KOTS...and we've installed these systems on numerous customers cars will ZERO issues.

Last edited:

2011redcandy

Established Member
Any more pics of the intercooler, underside of the car, etc? Is the I/C exposed to open air coming in from the front air dam?

Any back pressure readings?

It looks like the ECM was relocated, what else must be relocated?

Will this one actually make a 1/4 mile pass unlike the single kit?

Why does the TQ start dropping off so much at the top end, shouldnt the TQ curve look more flat?

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Well, it looks cool as hell. I will give you that. I bet it sounds pretty sweet as well.

What are the projected times? High 10's or mid 10's on 5-6 psi?

Mike

2FST-4U

Established Member
i would not buy it.. until either bbr or hellion prove the kit really works. we all want track times,drivability,etc.. people work hard for their money and there are too many other blowers that work. i would wait until ken's twin turbo becomes available i have seen it at the track this weekend and all i can say is wow the car drove like stock but hauled the mail going down the track. just shop wisely...

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I agree Hellion needs to regain the trust of the 11+ crowd. Most of their kits are great but no one other than vendors and Hellion have much good to say about their single kit.

98ss88mm

Established Member
Well since no one else has done it.... I shall. It looks A LOT like the other TT kit being designed and tested.. sooo what gives??

** awkward moment when dad hits mom at the dinner table ****

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Hellion has officially released their twin turbo kit for the 5.0L 4V 2011-2012 Ford Mustang GT and BOSS 302

It's readily available with kits starting at $6999.

Available at BLOW BY RACING

nmraday2003.gif

The top mount kit is adjustable from 5 psi to over 25 psi. A 5 psi setting will make
over 600 rwhp on a bone stock car. The kit has the ability to make 1200rwhp if a
built engine is chosen along with an upgraded fuel system.

System Highlights:

• Twin Precision billet 62mm turbos. (V-band inlet for easy installation)
• Twin Turbosmart 40 mm wastegates (V-band inlet for easy installation)
• Twin Turbosmart VEE port bypass valves
• Stainless 4 into 1 tubular headers, all American made stainless piping
• Large vertical flow dual inlet intercooler
• Dual 3" downpipes (can connect to factory exhaust if desired)

Initial system dyno results:

This system is so efficient that it makes....
- 618 RWHP on only 5.8 psi! -

Dyno Numbers (I'll try and get SAE numbers from Urist this week)

2012_dyno_5psi.jpg

LOL, I see that you like the pic that I took. Clean car/install.

acrbill

Established Member
Looks great. I know a few people posted that they had some fitment issues with the single kit but it seemed to make big power. I am going to assume that this kit will not hang any pipes under the K-member so hopefully there are not other fitment issues. I am interested in seeing the vertical intercooler.

As far as it resembling another kit. There are only so many places you can stick a pair of turbos on these cars.

gtmiller1001

Established Member
Car drove just fine. Has an awesome idle and great drivability. John Urist was just busy racing his SSO car. ([which he did win this past weekend] he's working on his 8th SSO championship this season.)

Also, I'd like to add, the single kit works just fine. I've had one on my car for 6 months now. Chris has had one on his car since KOTS...and we've installed these systems on numerous customers cars will ZERO issues.

From my experience the single does not work anything close to fine, I think I've done my due dilligence proving that.

There is not a Hellion kit on Chris' car. It has a 8x mm mid frame turbo, procharger intercooler, different WG and BOV and the coldside piping has been redone to accommodate the PC intercooler.

So, the only thing on that car from Hellion is the sticker and the hotside piping (maybe). But that hotside piping is made by Bassani, so techincallly it's a Bassani turbo kit.

And before anyone thinks this needs to be edited or that I'm taking pot shots at a vendor, I surely am not. I like John. These are simply FACTS.

EDIT: to add relevance, I had the single on my car

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread