Help ID'ing Cobra real or fake

Parick Harris

Hi I found a cobra that I wan't not sure what is is or what I should be to offer.
VIN is 1FALP42T0SF202575
Car has cobra's on sides by door
Attached are pics of some stickers from the door post.
Has 5.8 engine with cold air 5.0 induction , steel headers.
Does not have fuel cell, rally bar.
Has an auto, air, large alternator, electric fan, huge distributor up front, full interior, correct 5 spoke wheels.
View attachment 78327
View attachment 78326

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Based on the VIN, what you're looking at is a 95 GT.

1FA - Ford, USA Passenger Car
L - Active safety belts all positions, first generation air bags
P42 - Two-door coupe, GT
T - 5.0L, H.O, eight cylinder
0 - Check digit
S - 1995
F - Built in Dearborn, Michigan (USA)
202575 - Production Sequence Number

Parick Harris

Thank you - I got that far, but I'm inclined to think that T coves a lot more tan he 5.0 engine. and that in cases the 5.0 cobra they used the 't' vin as well. My next thought is to go he ford site and see if I can get a copy of the window sticker based on the VIN.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
GT Mustang.

Mustang_zps01q2k5bt.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
huh... that's odd. The guys at my part dept. gave me a different answer. Oh well... your the boss on that one.

It's a P42, making it a GT. P46, P47 and P48 were reserved for Cobras.

Not to mention if you look at the OASIS I attached, his car is an automatic.

EDIT: lowflyn beat me.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I must be getting dumber by the second. I bought a brand new 1995 SVT Cobra and I could have sworn it had a 5.0L Windsor 4v with a T-5 trans.

Edit: Actually, I remember being very excited because the sales guy said it was the same 302 that was in the MK1 GT40. that won Le Mans.

My memory sucks. Sorry.

Last edited:

BJCobra99

Established Member
94-95 cobras used the old Overhead Valve pushrod v8. 96-98 cobras used the new DOHC 4.6 and the gt's received the SOHC 4.6. Hope this helps.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
94-95 cobras used the old Overhead Valve pushrod v8. 96-98 cobras used the new DOHC 4.6 and the gt's received the SOHC 4.6. Hope this helps.

Yea... my parts guy is mistaken, telling me it was the 4 valve. The Windsor was a push rod motor. I'll give him grief about it later.

EDIT: LOL I remember buying a high performance cam for that car and it was only $55. Man, times have changed in the modding world.

Parick Harris

I called ford, the sent me to www.martiauto.com to get the factory history on the car. I sent them the pics I posted. They are working on finding out how it came to be. Perhaps it went to a place like salen for the 351 install. With luck I'm taking delivery tonight and can post some pics in the AM. Does any one have an open account with Autocheck that can run the Owner / VIN history.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
6 owners and a right rear impact back in 1996.

Parick Harris

It's a Frankin- Stang. I'm working with the seller to get the VIN of the donor Cobra. ,, need to ensure the donor was not hot and get a couple of parts that were 'forgotten'.

I'm now looking for a board / thread for putting a 351W into a 95 GT. any one know a good one?

Parick Harris

I'll post some pics in the next day or so. Definitely Looks like a Cobra R firewall forward. It missing at high RPM I purchased a 95 Cobra R coil. Perfect Fit.

Parick Harris

Pics under the hood of Frankin-Cobra-GT

Any body know what this is? Cobra - R stuffed into GT, Std 351 in a GT, with Cobra manifold from 5.0

001.jpg
005.jpg

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread