• 5001 - 6000

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Over 6000

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
Ok, there are strong opinions and tentative guesses all over. Lets track 'em and see who's right. A thread today says orders have quit being taken while others are still adamant Ford will build as many as they can sell, plus 1. Regardless of the reasons why, how many do you say will be built just as a number only as far as the poll goes.

That said, I'd also be curious as to why you think the number you do. Is it because the price determined the market? Will production be limited due to limited availability of components or constraints in the manufacturing process itself? Is there a "magic number" Ford is going to limit it to? Or is there another reason you think production will end up being what you guessed?

I'll go out on the first limb and go with the information farmboy90 posted and say it ends up less than 4000. It just seems to me Ford could be making more faster. The demand seems very high still and people have had orders in for months with still no production date. These cars come down the regular production line so there has to be some reason they are not sliding in more than they are. I would think there are few dealers in the country that wouldn't love to have one right now if they could get one, but for whatever reason they can't get them. I think Ford truly is going to limit the production. Could be wrong, it's happened more than once. :D

Last edited:

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I think it will be less than 4000. I don't understand why they are not making more if this was not planned. Maybe this is Fords way of greasing the dealers hands.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I've checked with 5 dealers this week and they all are talking $10,000 ADM. Supply and demand is driving the price. So it seems the count will remain low

farmboy90

Established Member
I already posted this before. Ford has projections right now in the system for about 3,725 of them. This will be an easy poll to win. Less than 4,000 FTW!!!

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
Since its a 13' model I believe it's actually going to be a longer production run similar to when the 03' came out. They started building those in 02' and continued through 03'. They'll build as many as they have orders for as long as there is time to build them all.

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
Since its a 13' model I believe it's actually going to be a longer production run similar to when the 03' came out. They started building those in 02' and continued through 03'. They'll build as many as they have orders for as long as there is time to build them all.

So how many will that be?

farmboy90

Established Member
It is actually a shorter model year. They stop taking orders at the end of November.

They have built about 1,600 right now. The goal is about 3,725 of them.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Here's what we know.

Less than 2000 have been built to date- in about 100 days of production.

100 days from now- will be late October

Here's my speculation:
Word in my circles is build will stop around christmas

That being said- at the current pace 4000-5000 cars.

Remember- Ford will build as many as dealer's order.

Problem is alot of dealer's that still have allocation are asking ADM's- even for an order- and people just aren't paying it. It looks like the dealers may be slowing down the builds.

Many early orders were ADM-less- but now, not so much. Which means less people willing to pay $75k for a Mustang.

Last edited:

Stinger99

Established Member
Farmboy seems pretty sure on his statement.

Going by farmboys numbers, and the numbers of blowers that were contracted, it only makes sense that the number would be below 4,000....

I think that the 6,000 blowers that are being made for ford right now, 4,000 are spoken for, 500 for warranty issues and 1,500 for next years batch.

Next year will be the 7-8000 shelby's produced....

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
Here's what we know.

Less than 2000 have been built to date- in about 100 days of production.

100 days from now- will be late October

Here's my speculation:
Word in my circles is build will stop around christmas

That being said- at the current pace 4000-5000 cars.

Problem is alot of dealer's that still have allocation are asking ADM's- even for an order- and people just aren't paying it. It looks like the dealers may be slowing down the builds.

Many early orders were ADM-less- but now, not so much. Which means less people willing to pay $75k for a Mustang.

I'm just not convinced Ford will build as many as dealers order. People every day are told by dealers that they don't have any and can't get any. I was told that several times myself before I finally found one. If a dealer has to have "allocations" remaining, that isn't building as many as dealers would order.

I know a lot of dealers are adding ADMs but a lot of dealers would be thrilled to sell a $65k car for MSRP and just can't get any from Ford to sell. It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

farmboy90

Established Member
I'll try to post an update on the numbers for everyone around Thurs/Fri of next week. The 3,725 won't change, but I can give an up to the date number that have been produced thus far. On 7/17 we were up to 1,431. So I am guessing around 1,600 by end of next week.

Snoopy49

Established Member

In the end, Ford can only make a finite amount of these cars in their limited production window.

Example:
If the dealers placed 10,000 orders and Ford is only capable of producing 5,000, the fact is Ford can still only make 5,000 cars.

Unless Ford is willing to commit the resources and manpower to increase the supply to meet the demand, your statement is more wish than fact.

I hope your right, I really want one of these cars and I hope that everyone who wants one will be able to get one. I also hope to win the lottery someday.
Here's too hope. :beer:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Farmboy90,
To bad you can't get your hands on the total number of orders that have been placed for these cars. If your 3,725 total number holds true and as of 7/17 1,431 have already been built, that would leave 2294 cars remaining to be built. If there are already 2294 unfilled orders in the pipe line, then it stands to reason that Ford would either not accept further orders or delay taken any further orders in order to reevaluate their capacity to fill more orders.

Just because the order banks are scheduled to close in late November doesn't mean orders will be taken up to the deadline for a specific car if Ford knows there is no chance to fulfill the orders for that car.

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
So how many will that be?

I voted 6,000. So what you guys are saying is production on a 13' model year shelby will cease in November 2012? Remember it's a 13' model year so I find it hard to believe they will not start production on them after the new year. If you guys are believing the dealer bs about limited run crap you are nuts. This is the same crap they pulled in 2007. They have produced a ton of Shelby's up until now and the latest iteration will be no different. It's a business guys and Ford is making so much money off of Shelby's. I believe they profit more per Shelby than any other vehicle they make.

farmboy90

Established Member
Farmboy90,
To bad you can't get your hands on the total number of orders that have been placed for these cars.

Yeah, I'll try and ask if they can tell. The only number I saw on 7/17 was that there were 2,294 that were "unscheduled". But all this number really means is 3,725 minus the 1,431 that were already built or in-production. So it doesn't say how many of the 2,294 were orders in the system (but still unscheduled). I'll see if I can get that breakdown. On 7/17, here were the numbers:

Unscheduled - 2,294
In the Plant - 454
Memo Count - 1 (no idea what this means)
In Transit - 109
Demo Count - 2 (not sure what exactly this means either)
Stock count - 185 (not sure on this either, but maybe that is how many are on dealer lots??)
Unit 12 Sales - 680 (no idea on this either. Maybe I'll ask what this means).

If your 3,725 total number holds true and as of 7/17 1,431 have already been built, that would leave 2294 cars remaining to be built. If there are already 2294 unfilled orders in the pipe line, then it stands to reason that Ford would either not accept further orders or delay taken any further orders in order to reevaluate their capacity to fill more orders.

Just because the order banks are scheduled to close in late November doesn't mean orders will be taken up to the deadline for a specific car if Ford knows there is no chance to fulfill the orders for that car.

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
I voted 6,000. So what you guys are saying is production on a 13' model year shelby will cease in November 2012? Remember it's a 13' model year so I find it hard to believe they will not start production on them after the new year. If you guys are believing the dealer bs about limited run crap you are nuts. This is the same crap they pulled in 2007. They have produced a ton of Shelby's up until now and the latest iteration will be no different. It's a business guys and Ford is making so much money off of Shelby's. I believe they profit more per Shelby than any other vehicle they make.

No, I mean the order banks CLOSE at end of November. They will still be building cars after that. But you won't be able to order any more.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Farmboy seems pretty sure on his statement.

Going by farmboys numbers, and the numbers of blowers that were contracted, it only makes sense that the number would be below 4,000....

I think that the 6,000 blowers that are being made for ford right now, 4,000 are spoken for, 500 for warranty issues and 1,500 for next years batch.

Next year will be the 7-8000 Shelby's produced....

Assuming farmboy90's figures are accurate, you fail to take into account Ford Racing and over the counter sales for some if not all of the additional blowers.

As far as next years total Shelby sales, that will depend upon the release date of the 2015. Ford will not produce a 2014 GT500 at the same time they are producing 2015 Mustangs especially ones that are suppose to be built on an entirely new platform. So if they release the 2015 early, that will limit the number of 2014 GT500 built.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you guys are believing the dealer bs about limited run crap you are nuts. This is the same crap they pulled in 2007. They have produced a ton of Shelby's up until now and the latest iteration will be no different. It's a business guys and Ford is making so much money off of Shelby's. I believe they profit more per Shelby than any other vehicle they make.

Dom,
Using your logic, every dealer that wanted to order a GT500 should be able to do so, but that is not the case.
If the GT500 was the highest profit vehicle that Ford produced, don't you think that they would devote more time and money to the project? I think the GT500 is more about advertising Fords engineering and production abilities than it is about profit.

I think the F-150 is the bread winner for Ford and has been for a very long time.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
the lower the number, the better it is for those guys who consider these collectors, or garage queens to sell later on. Since I could give a crap about any of that, im just going to drive my car and enjoy it! whatever the number is matters nothing to me, ill get my build number at the end of the run!

Users who are viewing this thread