I absolutely despise UPS...

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
oh i didnt mention that my ps3 came back from being repaired with the box smashed on top and the top of the ps3 smashed and cracked. it was even tripple wrapped in bubble wrap. they told me i couldnt prove they broke it....i said look at the box. they replied, the guy shipped it in a smashed box.

LOL.

1996SVT

Established Member
Muahaha, thanks for the good laugh.

They did a test in a Popular Mechanics magazine not long ago on the 3 major parcel carriers, USPS, FedEx and UPS. They put sensors in their 3 packages and believe it or not USPS rated the best for being "gentlest" with your package. But they also found out that Express mail flies via Fed/EX. They could also read temps and acceleration spikes. And that things marked "Fragile" or "this side up" tended to be flipped and tossed around more.

Oh, I believe it! They're the laziest branch and in no hurry to get anything done. So I can see how they would be the gentlest.

ls1and4.6fan

Established Member
Oh, I believe it! They're the laziest branch and in no hurry to get anything done. So I can see how they would be the gentlest.

Yeah that's a good point. I go into the post office every once in a while and those people work in a stress free environment to say the least.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I've never had anything but good experiences with FedEx. I even had a dispatcher make the driver swing by my house after he'd already tried a delivery, because the driver was still in the general area.
I was a driver for fedex and there were many times I called the customer to get directions to their house ( my route was rural so a lot if houses didn't even have an address on them). I know other guys at my station that wouldn't waste their time on that. All shipping companies have good drivers and bad but it doesn't mean thats representative of the company itself. I've heard people bitch about all 3 of the major shipping companies equally. Btw fedex is also closed Saturdays and requires an extra charge for Saturday delivery... Just like ups.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
oh the now now now! instant satisfaction generation

my god how did we live through the 4-6 weeks era? lol

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
UPS is Union i believe. My roomate just got a job there a few days ago. He was telling my how crazy it was with pkgs being thrown. He said people would toss laptops from the conveyer belt with a total disregard for the product contents. Eh theyre prob all likethat esp considering its the holidays.

I have 3 buddies, 2 of which still work there, that tell me NEVER to ship anything UPS. But hey I've never had a single bad incident with UPS so I said meh. But yes I have heard stories of how they treat the packages there, haha.

Stanger00

Established Member
I used to be a loader at UPS and when I got overwhelmed I would just start scanning and tossing boxes into the feeder trucks...Who knows how many boxes I miss pitched and pissed off customers. This was UPS labor and ops managers fault for not providing enough bodies to load a truck that required 2-3 people. I worked a section alone that loaded 1500-2200 packages in one shift! <---That is crazy and mistakes WILL happen.

I still dont mind UPS and use their services. I only worked for the company for 3 weeks and walked out.

Last edited:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
Never had a problem with ups or fedex. usps is the only one that i've ever had a lost package from. it was insured so i didnt mind but still a pain in the ass to go through the paperwork.

also USPS's tracking is just about useless takes forever for them to update it. i've had packages delivered and an hour or so later it still says tracking info recieved from shipper or whatever. ups and fedex tracking seems pretty accurate.

a few times i've had ups re-schedule a delivery or push back the date a couple of days.

just sent my d60 to nikon for service and insured it...and was kinda hoping they'd lose it so i could get a new slr body. but it made it there.

I used to be a loader at UPS and when I got overwhelmed I would just start scanning and tossing boxes into the feeder trucks...Who knows how many boxes I miss pitched and pissed off customers. This was UPS labor and ops managers fault for not providing enough bodies to load a truck that required 2-3 people. I worked a section alone that loaded 1500-2200 packages in one shift! <---That is crazy and mistakes WILL happen.

I still dont mind UPS and use their services. I only worked for the company for 3 weeks and walked out.

yea i understand that completely. management wants 1 person to do 3 peoples work and wants 10 hours of work done in in 8 hours

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
I wont use anything but UPS.

FedEx is better than USPS though. USPS? LOL @ that.

Then again I always use the account of whatever company im employed at, so it pulls more weight than a regular person when theres a company account number in the mix.

:bored:

I used USPS for 4 years while I was stationed overseas...Some packages would only take 4 days and some others would take 10-12 days depending on the size. I was pretty lucky and never had a lost package and I bought new clothes and shoes online every month. I've ordered tires that were shipped from Ohio parcel post and those only took 5 days. I have full faith behind the Post Office...I love their flat rate boxes. I just sold a phone and I was quoted 18 at UPS, 21 at Fedex and 11.95 at USPS and another 1.99 for signature service :rockon:

:bored:

I used USPS for 4 years while I was stationed overseas...Some packages would only take 4 days and some others would take 10-12 days depending on the size. I was pretty lucky and never had a lost package and I bought new clothes and shoes online every month. I've ordered tires that were shipped from Ohio parcel post and those only took 5 days. I have full faith behind the Post Office...I love their flat rate boxes. I just sold a phone and I was quoted 18 at UPS, 21 at Fedex and 11.95 at USPS and another 1.99 for signature service :rockon:

I think a lot of folks who bad mouth USPS are just full of crap. Never in my life have I had them lose anything I mailed through them.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
oh the now now now! instant satisfaction generation

my god how did we live through the 4-6 weeks era? lol

This isn't about "now now now";' it's about "do what you got paid to do, in the time that you said you would do it, and dont lose or damage it in the process."

THE_STIG

Established Member
Well, my harness bar and my hood pins arrived in perfect condition and on time today. That makes UPS 10/10 with stuff I have ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread