IMRC deletes?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For those looking you can purchase here:

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ain_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=699

We do not suggest making your own if you do not have experience with epoxy, over the years MMR has had many engines come in that have destroyed themselve from the epoxy falling out and going into the engine!!

IMRC.jpg

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
what do you recommend to make them with.
Use JB weld or other similiar epoxy.
1. Remove the rods and butterfly valves
2. Remove the bearings at the ends of the plates
3. Thoroughly clean the five areas of each plate that will recieve the epoxy. These are the holes between the cylinders (3 each) and the holes where the bearings used to be installed.
4. Fill the holes with epoxy and let cure.

The holes between the primary and secondary ports can be left unfilled.

We do not suggest making your own if you do not have experience with epoxy, over the years MMR has had many engines come in that have destroyed themselve from the epoxy falling out and going into the engine

That's crap! In all my years of being around these cars, making IMRC deletes, and helping others make them I've not seen one damaged by epoxy. In fact, there's no way for the epoxy to be sucked into the engine as the areas that are filled capture it in a way that in cannot enter the airstream.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That's bullshit. In all my years of being around these cars, making IMRC deletes, and helping others make them I've not seen one damaged by epoxy. In fact, there's no way for the epoxy to be sucked into the engine as the areas that are filled capture it in a way that in cannot enter the airstream.

Firstly, no need to swear, you can make a point without that. We respect your opinion, but being a company that has built and rebuilt more modular engines than anyone in the world our statement is based on fact. Granted some money can be saved if done correctly and it sounds as like your home business building them has had great success using epoxy, but we hate to see members here have the same fate as so many others we have seen making their own without any experience.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Firstly, no need to swear, you can make a point without that.

fixed.

Seriously, I've never heard of any engine damage caused by the epoxying of IMRCs. I won't make them any more because it's not worth my time. However, I will happily instruct anyone how do make them.

Last edited:

laddanator

Established Member
They only add about 3rwhp so you will feel very little to nothing. Also, it won't need a tune but you should get one. With deletes you need to add timing below 3500rpm to get the power back. The tune above 3500 will need to be hcanged very little.

Make you own deletes as paying over $200 for them is jst plain stupid. You can make them in an afternoon for less than $15.00.

Why can't you just tie the IMRC open? And if I were to get a Kenne Bell 2.1, doesn't the setup come with some kind of deletes?

Last edited:

laddanator

Established Member
The restricion is little and with both the IMRCs tied open and MMR's deletes you will get a CEL if the IMRCs aren't shut off in the tune.

Thanks! I was going to do a delete but I am thinking of getting a Kenne Bell in a few months. I think the 2.1 comes with an Open house manifold which deletes the IMRC anyway?

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
The restricion is little and with both the IMRCs tied open and MMR's deletes you will get a CEL if the IMRCs aren't shut off in the tune.

why I had been reluctant to spend the money on deletes with mine tied open. I figure there isn't enough of a restriction on a DD to warrant the expense. mine are turned off in my tune.

Users who are viewing this thread