Installing a built Aluminum block, Lunati cams, 3.6 LC KB and more.

Ironhand

Banned
Thanks, but, like I said in my original post, please bare with me and I'll get all the facts to you guys. All that is mentioned above is just the major items of the build that I am using to reach my goal. Assuming this is the entire list of the build, especially after the posts that I've made says that there is a lot more, is like paying for a whore and then pleasuring yourself before she even gets in the room, you've spouted off with a brainless head before it's time. No sence in bandwagoning before you know the whole story. Unless that is just what you like to do, then, by all means, use this thread.

BTW, I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

:lol:

I dont do any bandwagoning bud. I probably have the only car like mine. I know one guy is close but that only counts in horseshoes and hand gernades. Everything I do is far from easy, plus I do all my own work. I didnt have to pay MMR to build my motor.

We can banter back and fourth but I can also read. You said a KB BAP with alot more to come. You didnt bother to mention that x fuel system is planned to support 1000 rwhp. By looking at your current mods that YOU listed, you were short of fuel. With E-85 and 1000rwhp you will be at the upper limits, if not past, that of even the tripple return walbro 255 setup. Do it right the first time or not at all.

BTW, Jumping on my back is like riding a bull, you will get kicked off very quickly, with severe head trama.. :lol:

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Are you gonna put a drop k member in or go with a bigger hood? I bet that big blower will need plenty of head room.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van, I do have larger, more pumps that will be going into place with the build. Even with the extra pumps and lines I was fairly confident that I wouldn't see a 1,000 hp pull on 93, or race gas for that matter. And yes sir, my end plan is to go with an E85 set-up to actually get me over that hump. I wanna get as far as I can go with a 93, and 110, tune and also give myself some time for E85 to become a little more readily available in this area. I will try to post a little more detail as I go and the constructive criticism is always appreciated.

:beer:

Awesome bro! Good luck and enjoy the build. Looking forward to watching the thread..........

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Are you gonna put a drop k member in or go with a bigger hood? I bet that big blower will need plenty of head room.

Yes sir, I've got a BMR drop K member and I think it's a 1/2" drop. I also have a set of the lowering motor mounts and when I was assembling it with the steering rack and A arms I was gonna go ahead and install the lowering mounts and they are totally different than the BMR mounts. Guess i should have at least looked at them when they came in and compared them to the K member's. I would say a hood is in my future also. I Really wanted to keep the stock hood.

Van@RevanRacing

Yes sir, I've got a BMR drop K member and I think it's a 1/2" drop. I also have a set of the lowering motor mounts and when I was assembling it with the steering rack and A arms I was gonna go ahead and install the lowering mounts and they are totally different than the BMR mounts. Guess i should have at least looked at them when they came in and compared them to the K member's. I would say a hood is in my future also. I Really wanted to keep the stock hood.

RDSNK46 got his 3.6 to fit under the stock hood. Took some major modifications and some under hood trimmings but it closes and looks sweet when you open the hood and that monster Kenne Bell 3.6 is staring up at ya!

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
RDSNK46 got his 3.6 to fit under the stock hood. Took some major modifications and some under hood trimmings but it closes and looks sweet when you open the hood and that monster Kenne Bell 3.6 is staring up at ya!

Awe Man, I would love to know the details of this. That is probably the one thing that has most bothered me about the build. If he doesn't chime in I will PM him. Thanks for ALL the advice and keep it coming when something comes to ya that could help.

That is going to be so much fun!

Have you thought about a double keying the crank?

I haven't looked into it, but I will now. Thank ya sir.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Next round of pics guys. A lot of you will recognize this exhaust. It's the $129.99, 3" kit from the Shelby Basement sale along with the H pipe.

EnginePics127.jpg

The headers are SLP that American Muscle had on sale for @ $800 a couple months ago. They are 1 3/4" primaries and ceramic coated. The problem.....They have 2.5" collectors. Luckily, I have one heck of an exhaust guy that says it will take care of that little problem.

EnginePics125.jpg

EnginePics120.jpg

Here is a good comparison between the JBA and the Magna Flow

EnginePics093.jpg

This was a good day. I have removed and reinstalled plenty of engines in the past 20 years, but never a mod motor out the botom. I wanted to make sure it was done by the book, so I bought all three shop manuals. If you plan on a project like this, I highly recomend them. They made life a lot easier.

EnginePics012.jpg

I start posting pics of the motor disassembly and some of the internals tomorrow. Once again, if you guys see something that I've missed or that will help, please chime in.

que4dog

Established Member
Looking good!!!. Good luck with the build. I finished my build. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

rdsnk46

Established Member
The BMR K-member is advertised as 1/2 inch but is actually 3/8 in. drop. This I learned the hard way. I spaced my K-member, added lowered motor mounts and used the BMR K-member. I had the Lethal whipple 3.4 spacer kit already from before I made the switch to KB. The center section support on the stock hood has to be removed.

I was not going to put a aftermarket hood on my car, so I did what I had to do......Some might not like my choice. It's very deceiving to see that 3.6 under my hood! I put that 3.6 to use also! LOL! 1000 RWHP is a great goal, I cant wait to see it happen, as for me it's more about the performance numbers over Hp numbers. My car does not shine on the dyno, she's a runner though!

Last edited:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
The BMR K-member is advertised as 1/2 inch but is actually 3/8 in. drop. This I learned the hard way. I spaced my K-member, added lowered motor mounts and used the BMR K-member. I had the Lethal whipple 3.4 spacer kit already from before I made the switch to KB. The center section support on the stock hood has to be removed.

I was not going to put a aftermarket hood on my car, so I did what I had to do......Some might not like my choice. It's very deceiving to see that 3.6 under my hood! I put that 3.6 to use also! LOL! 1000 RWHP is a great goal, I cant wait to see it happen, as for me it's more about the performance numbers over Hp numbers. My car does not shine on the dyno, she's a runner though!

Wow, Thanks for the info. I've been tooling around the idea that buddy of mine gave me that may help the same way. He can cut Delron to the shape of about anything you can think of and he can make me the lower portion of the BMR motor mount about 3/8" shorter. I'll give that a shot and make some larger K member spacers and see where that puts me. Cutting that center section out of the hood doesn't bother me at all if that is the only thing left from keeping me from running the OEM hood.

As for your view on the power that the car makes, I couldn't agree more. In my original post, I should have said my goal is mid to upper 9's instead of 1000HP. I'll be extremley happy with 800 hp if I can pull thos ET's. Just seems that to reach those #'s, most of the guys are running @ 900-1100 at the tire. Thanks again for the tech info.:beer:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
More Pics guys

This is my first experience with Mechanical Culture Shock (MCS). There is a lot of junk crammed in a small space there.
EnginePics048.jpg

I took about 50 pics similar to these for the possibility of refering to them during reassembly. ONE saved my butt and I'll point it out later.
EnginePics053.jpg

EnginePics045.jpg

Front, uncovered. Once again MCS.
EnginePics044.jpg

Here's the heads. One with new springs and one with OEM. You can't tell a lot in this pic, But......
EnginePics080.jpg

Here is the Springs and thier differences. I got the full GT500, Manley, spring kit from ModMax and I think the're a combination 03-04 Cobra springs and Ford GT springs.
EnginePics081.jpg

Manley recommended chamfering the top of the springs when using there Titanium retainers so I broke out the high speed die grinder. I Use a polishing stone on a Dremel to finish them up.
EnginePics075.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread