knock sensor harness

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
Doesn't exist in any ford parts catalog (14B485 catalog number for the part).

its this part pictured with 1&2:
harness.jpg

Can anyone look at theres and extract ALL the numbers off of it? We're hunting the engineering numbers from that portion of the harness. Or a picture of all of it would be great.

Better yet, I'll pay a bounty for one of these damned things, otherwise I get to play surgeon and build a harness to replace it in the interim.

here's a good shot of the harness, but not good enough to read the rest of that tag outside the 14B485 non-existant catalog number.

m5lp_1102_07_+roush_2011_supercharger_tvs_kit+_knock_sensors.jpg

m5lp_1102_06_+lethal_performance_whipple_blower_test+_knock_sensors.jpg

I'll build one if I have to, its 4 pins and I have a decent set of references on wiring, but would be great to find one of these. Tousley, Ford customer service, google, ebay and junkyards have been no luck.

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
Chuck, you're pretty awesome.

So here's what I've determined so far:

No data on the indexing of the pins on the back harness connector
KS1 (pass)
Pin1 (closest to connector release)
VT/OG (violet/orange) pin5 on harness connector - pin 7 on ecu - KSL1+
Pin2
WH/BN (white/brown) pin6 on harness connector - pin 6 on ecu - KSL1-

KS2 (driver)
Pin1 (closest to connector release)
BN/BU (brown/burgundy?) pin1 on harness connector - pin 45 on ecu - KSL2+
Pin2
BN/GN (brown/green) pin2 on harness connector - pin 44 on ecu - KSL2-

So I should be able to strip the back of the main harness connector's insulation to get an index on those pins and go from there. they're linear sensors, so I should be able to test them with a multimeter.

Hopefully I just get a harness, but should this require surgery, at least I have an idea of what I'm doing.

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
Tousley for the win. These guys are like the CIA of tracking down hard to find parts. After a 30 minute call (my 5th to them in this regard) and jumping number to number, they were able to track down the part. Amazing, $15, and there's 11 of them. I do not have a actual part number to share, but when I get it (a week or two), I'll post up in this thread in case anyone else ends up in this situation. In the interim, I'll jumper the wires with the info I have and some radio shack sourced parts.

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
sold with most of the remains of my original motor. The new motor's main engine harness did not include the part. Thanks for all your help chuck, I should be able to test fire my new motor tonight with the info provided. (I guess I could have test fired it either way, but at least this way I can feed the ECU the knock readings until the harness arrives).

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Huh, I would have thought that came with the motor. That pic is from an aluminator that is awaiting installation

Beernuts

Established Member
p/n 14A411 - Jumper Harness That Connects To Both Knock Sensors $12.02

2jc9gtj.jpg

zjaq6a.jpg

Last edited:

Beernuts

Established Member
Thats for a GT500 Beernuts

I noticed Ford Parts specified it for the 5.4L, but thats the p/n called out in my 2012 5.0L engine repair manual. :??: Maybe its the same for both. Tough little bugger to track down.

Anyway, hope the OP got what he needed. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread