know how to tweak an SCT custom tune ???

Cobrakid

prefers quick, over fast!
Established Member
hey guys,

I have a 98 Cobra with an SCT X3 handheld # 3000.

It has a custom tune on it, which I want to tweak a little bit further.

I can easily do this with my Jeep's Predator with a custom tune on it.

Any advise?????

thanks,
Chuck

The car/tune is close, I just want to adjust the timing a little and the fuel curve.

any hints, or HOW to's ??????

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Just plug it in, select tune car, then select custom tune, then select adjust options, you should adjust the saved options if it asks you. You will having timing adjustment and a bunch of other stuff. If it pings when you add timing make sure you pull it back out so you dont hurt the motor. Cobra motors love timing though

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
I don't mean to hijack or revive an old thread, but I have a custom tune as well and I wanted to adjust it but I was not sure how to know how much fuel%+/- i can take out, or what global timing is. I upped the global timing 4+ total and pulled 2% wot fuel out. It seems a little stronger down low but it may just be my imagination. Any ideas? I figured this would be better than starting a new thread because I know how people are about redundant threads on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

xTomKx

Established Member
I don't mean to hijack or revive an old thread, but I have a custom tune as well and I wanted to adjust it but I was not sure how to know how much fuel%+/- i can take out, or what global timing is. I upped the global timing 4+ total and pulled 2% wot fuel out. It seems a little stronger down low but it may just be my imagination. Any ideas? I figured this would be better than starting a new thread because I know how people are about redundant threads on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

I hope you know what you're doing if you go changing settings in a tune. Don't want to hear about your motor going kaboom.

Users who are viewing this thread