Lightning swap!!!

Austin Payne

I reacently bought a wrecked 02 lightning with 42k miles. Ive been tossing around ideas on what to do. I have a 78 f100 that I've thought about swapping everything over into, etc. Last night I thought about just selling/trading the 78 for a 4 door 4x4 or 2wd truck and putting the supercharger and what not on the new truck. Im not looking for a hotrod as I am currently building a 31 model A rat rod, this will mainly be for pulling my model A to shows and be daily driven.

The question is what all is needed to do the swap? Should I swap motor, trans, ecu and all or what? I realize that if I get a 4x4 I dont guess I will be able to use the L trans. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Sorry the thread is short, its my first one and I am at work! :coolman:

Dusten

Established Member
Honestly, unless you want the cool factor, a sbf is smaller, lighter, more fuel efficient and will make similar power. You need the ecm, all sensors, wiring, trans, and unless you have pats turned off, the cluster too

Dusten

Established Member
Um, unlikely but I can't be certain. I lightningrodder there are a few guys who've done the n/a swap

Killer Ride

Established Member
Swap everything trans/motor/computer and all wiring in the motor bay if your transplant truck has a 4r100 trans you could do it without the Ecu to retain 4 wheel drive. If your recipient vehicle had a different trans take the trans crossmember and maybe the drive shaft. otherwise its a great way to double+ the hp

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread