Lowered 03-04 Cobra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
(Threads merged with other lowered Terminators)
I would like to see what u guys are riding on when it comes to lowering the COBRA... What springs do you have and post pic of stance... I am in the market for some lowering spings for my recent purchase... I was looking into Eibach Sportline or Pro Kit, STEEDA or H&R... They are all known and GREAT springs... Getn "YOUR" experienced input and testimonials I would like to hear comfort of ride, clearance or anything else that would help me before hand on making the right choice for me and the Road conditions here in Tampa, Fl. ... SUCK! LOL!!! (pics requested so I can see drop stance...Don't want TO LOW...LOL!) But def looking to close that dam wheel gap(s)... I saw a silver COBRA here with SVTOA loggo in his sig... HIS CAR LOOKED FKN SWEET! and loved the stance!!! Just wanna hear what will be sacrificed if anything regarding ride... My Thanks to the TERMI/COBRA's community for your facts and opinions...

Last edited by a moderator:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Been through two sets of cut springs, H&Rs and finally happy with my Steeda's with Maximum Motorsports Isos. -Shane
IMG_1034.jpg

f2hatch

Established Member
H&R race springs with 1 ISO at each coner removed.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. Everyone has an opinion on springs. I ended up with coil overs in front and stockers cut 1 1/4 coil in back. I'll see if I can find a picture of my car standing still... I'm local to you. PM me if you are interested in some of the local meets...

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
eibach springs, rears had to be cut anyway :shrug:
it has steeda x2 ball joints with spacer installed
0913081316a.jpg

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
They all look GOOD! Keep em comin so I can see the different combo u guys are going with... STEEDA seem to be very popular and was also advised by my Ol'Man but he spoke good on the EIBACH set too... Now, ILLSNAKE!!!! U r car is fkn HAWT! The stance and size rubber u have is beautiful combo...!!! as far as custom cut springs... I would have to do HW on that... See is u can find more info... Guys, pls elaborate on ride and comfort... Although, it is known already there will be sacrific is OEM ride, but whats the difference to OEM and what you guys feel according to your drops you posted... THANKS TO ALL!!!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
They all look GOOD! Keep em comin so I can see the different combo u guys are going with... STEEDA seem to be very popular and was also advised by my Ol'Man but he spoke good on the EIBACH set too... Now, ILLSNAKE!!!! U r car is fkn HAWT! The stance and size rubber u have is beautiful combo...!!! as far as custom cut springs... I would have to do HW on that... See is u can find more info... Guys, pls elaborate on ride and comfort... Although, it is known already there will be sacrific is OEM ride, but whats the difference to OEM and what you guys feel according to your drops you posted... THANKS TO ALL!!!

Thanks Bud. It rides ruff but not as bas as you might think.
ScannedImage-12.gif

Last edited:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member

I have H&R Race springs custom cut by a guy down here in Tampa, and did an INCREDIBLE job, pretty much tell him how you want it to sit, and does it for you, and great price too.

Are those satin 18" AFS you got?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Steeda....stock ISO

I would like to go with H&R SS but worry a lot about dragging the exhaust.

cobra2.gif

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I have H&R Race springs custom cut by a guy down here in Tampa, and did an INCREDIBLE job, pretty much tell him how you want it to sit, and does it for you, and great price too.

Why, Yes they are... I really wanna get em POWDERCOATED gloss black and a red lip... Sorta like the theme the movie STREET KINGS and that Charger SRT8 had... But adding the Red lip... (Idea came from YAMAHA R1 RAVEN)....

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Well, how much does the H&R spring drop w/o cuttin them??? Cuz ILLSNAKE... Ur low as fawk! Looks hawt!!! But I would really have to think twice bout going that low...(But, I might!!! LOL!)... I rt now as it stamds... HAVE MAJOR WHEEL GAP!! and hate it!!!

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member

BTW... I would rather have Black FR500 staggard 15x9 and 15x10 or 10.5s....

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
BTW... I would rather have Black FR500 staggard 15x9 and 15x10 or 10.5s....

I've got brand new black 03 cobra wheels 17x9 and 17x10.5 with Nitto DRs on the back if you are interested in trading. These came black when i bought them, so the finish is perfect, not like i spray painted or tried to do anything myself.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Well, how much does the H&R spring drop w/o cuttin them??? Cuz ILLSNAKE... Ur low as fawk! Looks hawt!!! But I would really have to think twice bout going that low...(But, I might!!! LOL!)... I rt now as it stamds... HAVE MAJOR WHEEL GAP!! and hate it!!!

the super sport springs will drop it pretty good, but the race springs you might have to cut to get an aggressive stance.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Yeah... I personally have had very good experience in the past with EIBACH SPORTLINE... Those and STEEDA are on the top of my list of possibilities...But, we'll see...

03sm3341

Established Member
H&R end of story! I was in the same situation that you were in right now when I bought mine. Who's do I buy??? After looking on here for awhile there are way more guys running H&R's than any other set-up So i thought there must be a reason so I bought them. I am very glad I did. The car looks killer, gets looks and is a great conversation starter, and rides good too. I have H&R sports with factory iso's with the rear lower left out. IMO you will need some 10" wheels out back because it looks a bit funny with the factory 9" wheels check the pic out with stock wheels to see what i'm talking about.

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

STOCK WHEELS
IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Yeah! U shyt is sitn sik!!! My wheels are NOT stock... They are AFS 18s and 10-10.5 in rear... They are WIDE! Thanks for the comment... and it is a CONFUSSIN situation!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! LOL! I have noticed most ppl are running H&Rs... Its true... Must be a reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread