lowering a lightning

svtl399

Established Member
I have a 2000 vermillion lightning and im wanting to put a 3/4 drop on it. Any suggestions and the best why to do so and got pics if possible. I already have it leveled with shackles and have 2 in hangers just not installed due to the difficulty in doing so

fruhdaddy

Established Member
Mine is a 2/4 and cheapest way is cut front spring 1-1.5 coil and do 2" hangar/shackel in the rear. Mine is 1 coil cut without ISO and 2"hangar/shackel. About 2.5" drop in the front and 4" rear. Under $250 in total parts cost for this drop. Add another $50 for alignment so I have $300 invested in my drop.

Jason001-3.jpg

new007-1.jpg

new014.jpg

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
That is the cheaper way to go and i got new drop shackles for cheap. check out the market section here on on lightningrodder.com OP.

svtl399

Established Member
I love the stance of your lightning! thats what im looking for because roads around here are not the best lol

svtl399

Established Member
What if anything do you have to do to the rearend to make it all work lowered 4? Do you have to run shims and get your driveshaft shortened? Ive lowered alot of vehicles in my day and several have had to cut driveshafts to prevent vibrations

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
I did a 3/5 drop on mine but it was not cheap. No cutting or relocating just a complete suspension change from the original. It still has a lot of daily drivability on most roads and can still tow.

aefc9d7c-fb91-fb6c.jpg

SVT Phillip

BAD-MPG
Established Member
I did a 3/5 drop on mine but it was not cheap. No cutting or relocating just a complete suspension change from the original. It still has a lot of daily drivability on most roads and can still tow.

aefc9d7c-fb91-fb6c.jpg

What did u use to lower it? Doesn't look like a 3/5 drop.

SVT Phillip

BAD-MPG
Established Member
What all did you do to lower your L? Its hammered and looks sick!!!:beer:

Thanks!

Bell-Tech drop spindles and eibach springs with iso's up front(3-3.5" drop) eibach hangers and 2" shackles (about 4" drop) hangers are on the highest setting I can go lower.

svtl399

Established Member
Thanks!

Bell-Tech drop spindles and eibach springs with iso's up front(3-3.5" drop) eibach hangers and 2" shackles (about 4" drop) hangers are on the highest setting I can go lower.
Got my 2 inch shackles and hangers already and got a set of DJM 2 inch springs on the way! cant wait to get her a little closer to earth lol How much if any shims does the rear end need with the shackles/hangers?

Users who are viewing this thread