Motorcraft 5W50 VOA

mobeydick

Established Member
I use common sense, I've read where guy's are getting rid of their Afco HE's and changing to the Shelby unit. To me that is nuts and like I said before regarding oil , I can show you a thread on bike sites, boat sites all have people saying how terrible Yamaha oil is etc. And they all go on about how Mobil 1 uased to be good. But thankfully Amsoil is here to save the day, I heard a guy was injecting it in his knee for arthritas.

In my town I know a few Gt500 owners and they are really concerned about the Ford oil since reading all these threads on a couple of sites. And one of them is swapping out his Afco HE after reading its worse than the stock unit.
Come on.
Yep, there is a marketing campaign going on here! I’m stunned how effective it has been also.

Look at 6-speeds report, although it’s limited in value it contradicts everything someONE has said in this thread.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yep, there is a marketing campaign going on here! I’m stunned how effective it has been also.

Look at 6-speeds report, although it’s limited in value it contradicts everything someONE has said in this thread.

You are a skeptic, and I bet on top of that you have never given a group IV/V true synthetic a fair chance. Have you ever done any UOAs on a true synthetic lubricant?

Taking more crack shots at me I see. This UOA contradicts nothing I have said in any thread. People here listen because what I post is verified by VOAs and UOAs.

The oil only has 1,300 miles on it. Would you like to see what it looks like at 7,500 miles of use, which is the recommended intervals from Ford? It shears to a 30 grade, low TBN, low ZDDP, and wear metals were nothing to be desired.

Seriously, instead of constantly attempting to slam me, why don't you come back here with evidence to state otherwise. The problem is, you can't, and for the same reasons why the big 3 hasn't been able to discredit AMSOIL for 35 years.

If you think that changing your oil at 3,000 miles is how it should be, by all means....use the cheapest crap you can buy off the shelf. If you really want the best, the lowest wear, to save money, and to change your oils less.....do it my way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread