Must have mods for 2009 GT500?

speedrx

Established Member
Slide over to Team Shelby.com and they list all of the changes to the clutch and a lighter crank +. While you are there ck. out Mackenzie Mustang for his MMS Axlebacks, they have a real deep muscle car sound.. I have the Ford Racing "KR" Axlebacks, and like them, no drone. H/R R. Springs and an Eibach Adj. Panhard Bar, FRPP Cai/Tune/Tuner so I could keep the warranty intact. If your warranty is up call Van and BJ for good advice and options...

Ray, thanks for the information, very interesting read over at MacKenzie.

speedrx

Established Member
Slide over to Team Shelby.com and they list all of the changes to the clutch and a lighter crank +. While you are there ck. out Mackenzie Mustang for his MMS Axlebacks, they have a real deep muscle car sound.. I have the Ford Racing "KR" Axlebacks, and like them, no drone. H/R R. Springs and an Eibach Adj. Panhard Bar, FRPP Cai/Tune/Tuner so I could keep the warranty intact. If your warranty is up call Van and BJ for good advice and options...

My car came with a premium Ford ESP warranty until 2015 so I would prefer to keep warranty intact but we will see. I am looking at a FRPP Axle-back system:

Ford Racing FR500S Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust (05-09 GT) M-5230-S - Free Shipping!

Is this the one you are using (or anyoine else) and what is your opinion of it? I understand it is loud without cats but sounds great with the stock pipes and cats,

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
My car came with a premium Ford ESP warranty until 2015 so I would prefer to keep warranty intact but we will see. I am looking at a FRPP Axle-back system:

Ford Racing FR500S Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust (05-09 GT) M-5230-S - Free Shipping!

Is this the one you are using (or anyoine else) and what is your opinion of it? I understand it is loud without cats but sounds great with the stock pipes and cats,

Those are the KR mufflers and they sound really good especially with an H pipe. Im running them with ARH headers and a high flow H pipe and love the way my car sounds.

speedrx

Established Member
Those are the KR mufflers and they sound really good especially with an H pipe. Im running them with ARH headers and a high flow H pipe and love the way my car sounds.

Thanks for the info, are you running cats? Is there really much of an improvement going to an H-pipe over the stock X-pipe if you are running stock manifolds and cats?

Last edited:

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Thanks for the info, are you running cats? Is there really much of an improvement going to an H-pipe over the stock X-pipe if you are running stock manifolds and cats?

With the stock x they sound good ,they have a nice deep sound but they were just a little too quiet for my taste. After I added the headers and high flow catted H the sound was perfect. As far as going from an X to an H with stock maniflods a lot of guys have gone that route and absolutely love the sound and considering that the KR's came w/ H pipes says something.

Users who are viewing this thread