My engine block coffee table.

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

I would have loved to have used an aluminum block, but the cost of them wasn't that attractive, and I already had this block lying around taking up space at my parents house. Me and my roomate actually carried the block up 3 flights of stairs to get it into our apt, it wasn't actually that bad..

The glass I got from my roomate, his parents had a broken coffee table so we snagged the glass from that. If you want to make one, id scope out craigslist find coffee tables cheap on there.

Heres another pic, hopefully it helps explain how the rod/pistons hold the glass up. The setup is very stable, me and buddy both rest our legs on it while we watch movies and its totally fine. Only thing that needs to be added is some anti skid pads on the top pistons to keep the glass from moving.

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

zeus201

Established Member
Looks awesome. Hopefully you'll never stub your toe on that thing :cryying: but looks nerely impossible since there is quite a bit of glass.

Should know make a crankshaft into a lamp. :idea: I've heard of people doing it, but never seen one before.

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Looks awesome. Hopefully you'll never stub your toe on that thing :cryying: but looks nerely impossible since there is quite a bit of glass.

Should know make a crankshaft into a lamp. :idea: I've heard of people doing it, but never seen one before.

I made this a while back but never used it. Bought a lamp at kmart and tossed it on the ground and then took all the stuff out of it, ahha.

pistonlamp2.jpg

pistonlamp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread