My life changed tonight...

SVT_4_me

Established Member
OP, welcome to the A team brother. :beer: Best decision anyone can make in this life is making Jesus Lord. Also, don't allow people to condemn you for anything. The moment you made Jesus Lord His righteousness was transferred to you forever. You have right standing with God in every area of your life forever. You are not righteous because of your conduct or anything you ahve or haven't done. You are righteous because of Jesus and His finished work. Jesus is your righteousness. And the gift of righteousness He gave to you, you simply can not lose because its a gift to begin with.

So reject all condemnation and pay no mind to those Pharisee type people who love to condemn people for any mistake they make or who love to finger point or put people down over any fault they have. No one can live a perfect life in act, deed and thought. When you know that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, no one has any right to condemn you. And that's right out of the Bible and more Christians need to walk in that truth on daily basis. :rockon:

Btw...open up the book of Proverbs and grab a highlighter. Underline every verse that contains the word 'righteous' and 'good man.' All those promises and blessings that belong to the righteous belong to you. So speak them frequently and claim them in Jesus' name and expect to see them in your life. The Christian walk is not about right doing, its about right believing. And the more you believe right and understand who you are in Christ Jesus, the more your conduct and every aspect of your life will change. It may not happen overnight, but the more you confess that you are righteous and the more you are conscious of that right standing in Christ, you will see those blessings manifest in your life.

lots of BS in this post. WOW.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't understand what being a hippie and being a Christian have with each other but it keeps being brought up. My Cobra may get crappy mileage but at least I recycled the boxes my speed parts came in. It's all about balance, bro. :D

truefiveo

Established Member
I'm happy to see that you're following Christ, and I admire your courage...it's not easy to be honest and frank about your faith in public, especially when "public" is a forum filled with wannabe tough guys and people who will take any opportunity to tell you they think you're wrong. Right on, brother. :thumbsup:

You+Must+Be+New+Here.+No+descrip...oh+wait_9df21c_3578401.jpg

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Also, if religion only wants love and peace and whatever other rosy things you can think of, why has it cause so much death? Every heard of the crusades? I guess it was all in love, though.

It's an incredibly number to determine for obvious reasons, but estimates from research average out to be almost 1 billion people throughout history have been killed over religion.

This is such a juvenile and narrow minded way to think. You use the crusades as though "Christianity" was the drive for them. Think what you want but there is a much deeper root than religion. No matter what was given as the excuse there is a much deeper reason for the push into new territory/search for power and wealth.

(note: I do know that these were different time period, but the idea is the same. Saying you were doing something "in the name of Christ" was an excuse or a front for what the true intentions behind what the movement was)

Just read a story today about a shipwreck in the early 1600's on the Chinese shore. Instead of helping these traders out, the Chinese stole from them and if met with any resistance, beheaded them accusing them of being pirates (which was untrue).

This was a common occurrence in the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries as the world was getting "bigger" due to the increase in the knowledge of geography and as different cultures began to intermingle. The world was a very violent place. My point is that no matter who the people were claiming they were killing for (emperor, Islam, the queen, or Jesus Christ) there were other intentions at hand.

Now I want you to think about this because you tend to focus on the negatives of religion. How many BILLIONS of people has religion helped and not harmed? (answer is more than a billion)

Last edited:

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
I was just stating if 05slvrGT thought I was coming off as a SMART&&&, I'm sorry... Sorry you misunderstood! We cool bro?

I was referring to the rest of us being smartasses, not you and that you shouldn't let our opinion influence your beliefs.

61mmstang94

Established Member
This is such a juvenile and narrow minded way to think. You use the crusades as though "Christianity" was the drive for them. Think what you want but there is a much deeper root than religion. No matter what was given as the excuse there is a much deeper reason for the push into new territory/search for power and wealth.

(note: I do know that these were different time period, but the idea is the same. Saying you were doing something "in the name of Christ" was an excuse or a front for what the true intentions behind what the movement was)

Just read a story today about a shipwreck in the early 1600's on the Chinese shore. Instead of helping these traders out, the Chinese stole from them and if met with any resistance, beheaded them accusing them of being pirates (which was untrue).

This was a common occurrence in the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries as the world was getting "bigger" due to the increase in the knowledge of geography and as different cultures began to intermingle. The world was a very violent place. My point is that no matter who the people were claiming they were killing for (emperor, Islam, the queen, or Jesus Christ) there were other intentions at hand.

Now I want you to think about this because you tend to focus on the negatives of religion. How many BILLIONS of people has religion helped and not harmed? (answer is more than a billion)

The crusades were Were from the 11th, 12th and 13th centuries than I'm speaking of...not the 15-17th centuries and weren't random people deciding to mask their intentions under the guise of religion.

The crusades wee blessed by Pope Urban II and the church.

Religion is nothing more than another method to get people to follow you and expand your power. Religions are nothing more than things humans have created. There's thousands of them and just because chance had it that you were born where you were and exposed to the things you were exposed to doesn't make yours right. :read:

Obviously we've seen religion threads on here and they go nowhere so I'll bow out now and say if you wanna believe in whatever religion it is you think is right...go for it. I'll spend my time DOING good things and being more productive instead of getting caught up in some BS book written by some men long ago. Because there's billions of people who think your bible is wrong and that theirs is right and you have no good reason why yours would have to be the way.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
The crusades were Were from the 11th, 12th and 13th centuries than I'm speaking of...not the 15-17th centuries and weren't random people deciding to mask their intentions under the guise of religion.

The crusades wee blessed by Pope Urban II and the church.

Religion is nothing more than another method to get people to follow you and expand your power. Religions are nothing more than things humans have created. There's thousands of them and just because chance had it that you were born where you were and exposed to the things you were exposed to doesn't make yours right. :read:

Obviously we've seen religion threads on here and they go nowhere so I'll bow out now and say if you wanna believe in whatever religion it is you think is right...go for it. I'll spend my time DOING good things and being more productive instead of getting caught up in some BS book written by some men long ago. Because there's billions of people who think your bible is wrong and that theirs is right and you have no good reason why yours would have to be the way.

You didn't read my "note" I'm fully aware of this.

And thank you for leaving. Your posts have no purpose other than to annoy, which you have succeeded in

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Bunch of sheep blindly following nothing.

Organized religion is the biggest scam of all time. Makes Bernie Madoff look like a saint.

Bunch of sheep blindly following nothing.

Organized religion is the biggest scam of all time. Makes Bernie Madoff look like a saint.

If that's the case, then why aren't you in on the "religion scam?" If the Christian faith is such a money making scam, as you are suggesting, then why aren't you getting in on this simple scam?

Do you even know that less than 3% of Christians in America even tithe or give 10% of their income to the Lord? You know what that means? That means that 97% of all Christians don't bring their money to the 'church' or to the Lord as they are supposed to. The tenth belongs to the Lord. Always has and always will be. I'll tell you another FACT. Only about 15% of Christians, who ACTUALLY ATTEND CHURCH REGULARLY, tithe 10% of their income. Because a lot of Christians have millions of excuses why not to go to church and hear the Word preached. And there are many churches out there that preach the Word the way it was preached in the Bible.

Your belief that the "Christian faith" is a 'scam' is based on pure nonsense and stereotypes, not actual facts.

Every person is a sheep. Some sheep though are without a shepherd.

CobraBoatDan

Water Snake
Established Member
Good for you brother! I will keep you in my prayers tonight and thanking Jesus for saving you. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." keep seeking Him my brother, and your life will change more than you could ever imagine!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Wow, so much hate and negativity here. If you don't agree with the OPs decision why post? To feel good about yourself making fun of someone for their faith? He is obviously excited and felt like sharing it. Just like many of you are excited when you get new wheels and post about them. People take things too far. :nonono:

OP, congrats on your new found happiness.

CobraBoatDan

Water Snake
Established Member
I feel sorrow for the guys who deny Him. What will you say to Him the day He comes back and He asks you why you denied Him? He died for all of us, why is that so hard to accept?

Users who are viewing this thread