My "new" toy.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Found this vehicle in a tiny print ad in middle-of-nowhere Montana. The elderly seller ended up having knee replacement surgery while we were discussing the sale. This, along with delayed shipping, made this purchase a long, drawn-out ordeal. It arrived late tonight on a big 18-wheeler. To say I was excited is an understatement. I have actually never seen one of these in real life (only on the internet). The first time I see on in person, it is getting offloaded in front of my garage. I drove it the length of my short driveway and the only thing I noticed in that short distance was it feels like a beast. The engine shakes the car!

Oh, I forgot to mention. It has 764 miles on it.

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIEupQjJYHI

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Do I dare ask how much ??

Your garage is looking like mine, well at least half of it lol

I'll have four in my garage hopefully by the end of this week.

Goose17

Established Member
Do I dare ask how much ??

Your garage is looking like mine, well at least half of it lol

I'll have four in my garage hopefully by the end of this week.

Let's just say it wasn't cheap!

Missing from the pic is my 89 GT vert. I've been buying a bunch of new parts when they go on sale to restore it.

Pics of the 00R from this morning:

DSC03439_zpsxntowap8.jpg

DSC03436_zpsugrobjpj.jpg

DSC03441_zpsk07rd8aw.jpg

DSC03444_zpstr03qlwa.jpg

DSC03445_zpsydvw0gvf.jpg

DSC03448_zpstlf70czj.jpg

DSC03450_zpswbjbhwn5.jpg

DSC03449_zpsckrgrwzf.jpg

DSC03452_zps9rukc1zt.jpg

chempowr

Established Member
Congratulations. I just got into the Cobra R's myself. It's very exciting to be around and enjoy these cars. I'm in Houston if you want to link up some time.

Goose17

Established Member
Congratulations. I just got into the Cobra R's myself. It's very exciting to be around and enjoy these cars. I'm in Houston if you want to link up some time.

Cool beans! I'm in the Fort Worth area. My R will never make a trek that far, but my Shelby runs all over. Holler if you ever come up to the DFW area as well.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You are getting right up there with Treynor in my book of hate.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Found this vehicle in a tiny print ad in middle-of-nowhere Montana. The elderly seller ended up having knee replacement surgery while we were discussing the sale. This, along with delayed shipping, made this purchase a long, drawn-out ordeal. It arrived late tonight on a big 18-wheeler. To say I was excited is an understatement. I have actually never seen one of these in real life (only on the internet). The first time I see on in person, it is getting offloaded in front of my garage. I drove it the length of my short driveway and the only thing I noticed in that short distance was it feels like a beast. The engine shakes the car!

Oh, I forgot to mention. It has 764 miles on it.

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIEupQjJYHI

Tim - Glad to see you finally got it home. Isn't is a cool looking Mustang?!? I had fun with mine during the time I owned it.

Whenever I opened the hood, "BOSS 429 of the later model Mustangs" always came to mind.

R

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
WOW!!!
Great stable there! Awesome looking cars. Congrats on the R addition.

Goose17

Established Member
You are getting right up there with Treynor in my book of hate.

That's funny right there!

Tim - Glad to see you finally got it home. Isn't is a cool looking Mustang?!? I had fun with mine during the time I owned it.

Whenever I opened the hood, "BOSS 429 of the later model Mustangs" always came to mind.

R

Yes! Also, thank you Robert! I read back through this entire forum all the way back to 2001 (the start). I learned a lot from your posts.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Congrats! I just love the 00 R. Would love to own one someday. Hope you put some more miles on that car and enjoy it!

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Saw this on the 93 forum. Great addition to the stable. We now have 2 cars in common, 00 and 04. Have an 89 vert too, but it's a saleen vs a GT. Guess we have similar tastes.

Congrats on the car and garage.

Users who are viewing this thread