***NEW 2014 Z/28 is looking mighty impressive. Jay lenos garage review video***

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
I think it's a step in the right direction, its just unfortunate that the Camaro platform sucks. Car companies need to get back to letting the consumer pick what they want in a car.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Great looking car with a great engine. Priced a bit high, but with limited quantities coming out, they will sell.

Crowley

Kewlv8

Established Member
I've been hearing about this z28 since last year, but the part I find unbelievable is that they said this car will lap some tracks faster than a c6z.
Maybe the first year c6z, but seriously this thing is still about 500lbs heavier than a c6z with the same motor.
How will it lap the same times or faster with the same power, but MORE weight? Better tires and suspension alone???

I think it looks nice, best new camaro out!

The tires account for quite a bit. They are Trofeo R Spec tires from the factory. Lots of folks see a 3+ second improvement on any car by upgrading to these type of tires alone. An example of the games played to be a magazine race leader.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think it's a step in the right direction, its just unfortunate that the Camaro platform sucks. Car companies need to get back to letting the consumer pick what they want in a car.

I agree to extent, the current platform actually makes for a nice car, it is fine for a sedan, just not a muscle car. Shockingly the 5th gens have done very well in sales, the enthusiast unfortunately is the minority, the 5th gen was made for the masses.

For 2015/16 GM is moving to a lighter, smaller alpha platform.. should be in 34xxlb range.

Last edited:

nix5o

Established Member
Its a good looking car, and they are finally going in the right direction. I can't believe it will cost more than a zl1 and you'll have to pay extra for air conditioning.... I guess the bail out didn't work :D

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Its a good looking car, and they are finally going in the right direction. I can't believe it will cost more than a zl1 and you'll have to pay extra for air conditioning.... I guess the bail out didn't work :D

2000 Cobra R cost nearly as much then (msrp was really just a starting off point!) and had no AC, no radio as well :poke:

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I like the looks of the car EXCEPT for that rear. That rear was a major swing and a miss for me.

Were these out for 2013? I could have sworn I saw one pulling out of a Michelin office park the other day.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Think of what a base camaro ss costs.... Add the LS7 and brakes alone would add 20k+... Then do the rest you are looking at least 60k... Probably closer to 70k msrp... Then add the dealer mark up....

SiCKS1D3R

.:HOLLYW666D:.
Established Member
500hp is fair for the LS7, granted the ORIGINAL LS7 out of the C6 Z06 came with 505hp. All it takes it heads/cam/tuned with bolt-ons and you have a 600whp+ 7ltr beast.

ricafortegio

a306juGRnot
Established Member
I like how it looks and it seems to perform great..HOWEVER, I e never liked the new camaro platform. Too big and bulky but for what it is, they've made the best of it.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Impressive for that heavy ass platform. Transplant this tech to the lighter platform with decent looks and you'll have a winner.

Edit:also make sure its in the next transformers movie

Users who are viewing this thread