New stereo head unit grounding wires question

hunterp

Established Member
For those who've installed a new head unit using the Mach 460 wiring adapter sold by the likes of Crutchfield, where did you attach the ground wire? I also have a 12V to 5V amp current converter to get rid of the pop sound when the new stereo comes on. It also has a ground wire. Can I attach the two ground wires together and ground it to the same place on the chassis?

Beavis281

Established Member
I used the exact same kit from crutchfield. I'm pretty sure I attached the ground wires together.

hunterp

Established Member
I used the exact same kit from crutchfield. I'm pretty sure I attached the ground wires together.

Thanks, I figured as much. I'm just going to ground it to the metal dash frame behind the head unit and HVAC. There's a convenient screw I can use to tie them down. I was getting a hiss from the new head unit, so I need to figure out what's causing it. Wonder if it's the antenna or the sub connections.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
combining the grounds should be fine, Ive done it on plenty of stuff. Theres also a factory ground (green bolt) on the pass side of the trans tunnel between the dash and firewall. Its pretty easy to pull the carpet back to get it it.

Beavis281

Established Member
I do not have any weird noises from installing my head unit. Weird.

I can tell you, the stereo sounded better with the factory head unit.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the 460 system seems to be hard to deal with, I junked it and started from scratch as I think many do

hunterp

Established Member
I do not have any weird noises from installing my head unit. Weird.

I can tell you, the stereo sounded better with the factory head unit.

Just some electronic interference hiss from somewhere I'm thinking. I just need to start pulling out plugs and figure out if any of the connections into the head unit is causing it.

DropSVT

Established Member
Ya i just installed one a few weeks back. I tied all the grounds together

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread